Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I have this theorem that I've been wondering about which absolutely does not bode well for you. Any scientists here can help me with this.

Since the Patriots have been winning for 15 years it's become engrained in the codex of New England's DNA, so the next generation will be predisposed to winning. Making them smarter, stronger, better football players. The winning gene will be passed down from me to baby shrimp and other great New England Patriots players fan's making him or her among the best football players ever.

Slight problem, there's some variation in their past 15 years of winning, with a few documented incidents of "not winning". Though few and far in-between, it has introduced certain recessive loser genes into the overall pool. Also, with enough interbreeding with losers from outside the New England fanbase, it will dilute the winning genes to a point where the loser genes resurface and become enabled.

This is a long and stupid-smart way of saying ~not winning hard enough~.

Anyways, since my team is poo poo, I'm perfectly okay with the Patriots burning down the rest of the NFL this year just to see if Roger Goodell will present Tom Brady with a trophy while his stupid irrelevant little appeal is still going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwat
May 6, 2007

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I have this theorem that I've been wondering about which absolutely does not bode well for you. Any scientists here can help me with this.

Since the Patriots have been winning for 15 years it's become engrained in the codex of New England's DNA, so the next generation will be predisposed to winning. Making them smarter, stronger, better football players. The winning gene will be passed down from me to baby shrimp and other great New England Patriots players fan's making him or her among the best football players ever.

Sadly, Lamarckian Inheritance is no longer in vogue as a scientific theory.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

shiksa posted:

kirk's thousand year reign of terror is just beginning.

Will he slowly turn into a sandworm?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I dearly wish for the Dolphins to succeed, but I cannot see their defense taking the next step against formidable opponents without a new Mike and Willl. Their linebackers were abused in coverage all night long by Lewis and Gronk. You can't really defend Gronk, but they left some huge windows open for other receivers. The Dolphins line loving blows (especially Dallas Thomas), but you already knew that. Why can't Tom Brady retire?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We look so lost at linebacker it's nearly unforgivable considering how much attention was placed on that position in the offseason after the trade with the saints.

Wow. We have such glaring holes at lb CB and og that it's... Just comical

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

midwat posted:

I'm trying to think of a flaw and... nope.

Cheating at football when he didn't need to is a flaw. Wasted effort and all that.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Here's your helpful reminder that the last time the Patriots were 7-0 was October 21, 2007. They played the Miami Dolphins that day, and went on to also go 18-1 (may we never forget)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bad Moon posted:

Cheating at football when he didn't need to is a flaw. Wasted effort and all that.

Well not all of their opponents throw it on the one yard line

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The NFL will posthumously suspend Brady by this rate. Usher in the Jimmy G era, I beg of thee.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
do you think the new england patriots have a pass heavy offense or what

that poo poo is comical

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

old dog child posted:

Well not all of their opponents throw it on the one yard line

Hope that safety didn't trigger you ;)

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Mind blowing factoid of the week:

Every team the Patriots have played (and beaten) was at least at .500 when they played.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Manoueverable posted:

Hope that safety didn't trigger you ;)

I tried to come up with something witty but honestly I'm just dying inside

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Cam Wake may have a torn achilles. Sorry dolphoids.

GaussianCopula posted:

Mind blowing factoid of the week:

Every team the Patriots have played (and beaten) was at least at .500 when they played.

This is not a factoid.

Well, maybe the meaning has already shifted enough.

E: or maybe it is, even in the original sense, I sure as hell didn't check the veracity

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Jerome Agricola posted:

Cam Wake may have a torn achilles. Sorry dolphoids.

This is not a factoid.

Well, maybe the meaning has already shifted enough.

E: or maybe it is, even in the original sense, I sure as hell didn't check the veracity

I used the CNN definition "a little-known bit of information; trivial but interesting data.", hopefully that clears it up for you.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
You're telling me Denver and Cincinnati are the AFC's only hope to beat the Patriots during the playoffs?

Why Jesus?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Tom Brady is that neighbor who is constantly stealing your newspaper and one day you had enough and you confront him and it gets heated and someone in the neighborhood calls the cops and they show up and whoops you had some shrooms in your pocket and now you are going to jail and he reads the story of your arrest and subsequent brutal jailhouse beating in your newspaper the following morning while getting a blowjob from your wife. He kind of owns.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I made money last night when the Dolphins lost the football game

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It just hit me that Wake is probably gone for the year

I hate football

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Ehud posted:

I made money last night when the Dolphins lost the football game

You didn't believe in Dan "The Man" Campbell to slay the New England Cheaters?

He must be very disappointed in you.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

You didn't believe in Dan "The Man" Campbell to slay the New England Cheaters?

He must be very disappointed in you.

I would have considered betting on one team to win @ New England (packers)

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
If you weren't watching just before the game started this link is for you

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap3000000568663/It-s-Good-to-be-a-Pats-Fan

Also so is this link

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am at the gym lifting for Dan Campbell right now btw

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
The Giants are going to make the playoffs at 7-9 and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

bomb all of new england except that town in vermont my mom lives in

actually just leave vermont alone im not exactly sure where it is and i dont want to put my mom in danger, but the rest of it can burn.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I am at the gym lifting for Dan Campbell right now btw

lifting your phone to ur face doesn't count, fuckboi

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

lifting your phone to ur face doesn't count, fuckboi

please be nice to me I'm sad right now

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

please be nice to me I'm sad right now

When I feel sad or embarrassed I direct my negative feelings towards others. :glomp:

I wonder how many times the headsets went out.:tinfoil:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

When I feel sad or embarrassed I direct my negative feelings towards others. :glomp:

I wonder how many times the headsets went out.:tinfoil:

Filed to ESPN: "Missed tackles not our fault." Dolphins players report receiving electric shocks whenever they touched Patriots players.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

Filed to ESPN: "Missed tackles not our fault." Dolphins players report receiving electric shocks whenever they touched Patriots players.

Can you explain that? I thought it was very weird. You had players slipping off Lewis like he was a greased eel.

Something similar happens to Seattle when Bobby Wagner is injured.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

Can you explain that? I thought it was very weird.

dolphins

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

dolphins

Ah, yes. An animal noted for its lack of hands.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Chichevache posted:

Ah, yes. An animal noted for its lack of hands.

Joe Philbin defends hiring exclusively thalidomide babies as linebackers, "well they fit with the spirit of the team"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
TFF is entirely to blame for Wake's injury. Two dozen clods wishing injury upon Brady before the game starts. When will you people learn about the anger and wrath of the Football Gods at such things?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i wish i could give my achilles to cameron wake

corsair
Jan 10, 2001
Cheers to all of you wishing injury on Tom Brady! I think Miami lost a few players?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

i wish i could give my achilles to cameron wake

I wish I could give him Brady's

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2 posted:

Peyton's the only loving hope :suicide:

The best team on that list is Tennessee by far, they just have rear end clown coaches and bad luck.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Another non-legit Pats win. Did they check the ball pressurs/headsets/practice field for spies? If not, then it doesn't actually count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

Another non-legit Pats win. Did they check the ball pressurs/headsets/practice field for spies? If not, then it doesn't actually count.

:laffo:

Does it even matter?

• Locked thread