Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's kind of frustrating at times how easy he makes things look. Giving false hope to would-be painters everywhere. He can make a full beautiful little nature scene out of literally nothing in 25 minutes with no effort. Abracadabra! Two seconds and this blob of black is now a mountain that looks better than anything you'll ever think about drawing for the rest of your life!

This thread is going to be stuck up top for a few days because what the hell. People need to watch at least a few minutes/hours/days of this.

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

atomicgeek posted:

At first I was saddened at the apparent unfamiliarity the people in chat had with Bob Ross...then I remembered I am Old and this is a beautiful thing for people to both discover and rediscover. I can't even shake my fist and yell YOUTHS! over this, it's just so soothing and happy and the chat has this sweet chillness to it even when they're making terrible masturbation jokes and shouting :420: constantly. GG indeed, Bob, GG. I'm gonna be at a loss when the marathon ends.

Why would you even read the chat.

Also all the episodes are on Youtube and have been for a while. No need to be at a loss.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcXYrPbFM8lVi98lBztqYRw/playlists

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Still, they should just keep rerunning the marathon. There's something to be said for a 24/7 Bob Ross feed.

Can't argue with that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think you'll find he uses paint thinner and constantly beats the devil out of them. It's literally the best part of the show because he giggles like a child every time he does it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The best part of The Joy of Painting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAzYEM1pxo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PT6A posted:

Is there a Bob Ross starter kit or do you need to figure out what you need by watching a bunch of episodes? Either way, I might do it too.

They play the colors on the screen every episode. It's always the same seven or eight colors like Titanium White, Phthalo Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Van Dyke Brown, and Dark Sienna.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Josh Lyman posted:

Thalo Green, Prussian Blue, Sap Green, Midnight Black, Cadmium Yellow, Indian Yellow, and how could you forget Van Dyke Brown?!

I didn't you just caught me before the edit. Also for shame, it's Phthalo. Don't forget the Ph.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Went to watch a little before sleep and of course the play the same episode twice in a row. If it happens three times in a row I'll know I'm cursed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PotatoJudge posted:

The last series, 27, just started. Get in on this while you can!

There's actually 31, still two more days left.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Harminoff posted:

A countdown is on the stream until Monday....

What might it be?

The Joy of Painting II with Steve Ross. Get ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I guess the big announcement was that every Monday they'll stream a whole season and every year they'll stream the entire marathon again.

• Locked thread