Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Effectronica posted:

It stands directly in opposition to liberalism and leftism, with its cult of the expert. Just say "no".

There are plenty of countries that both are more democratic and less obsessed with the concept of a jury than the US.

In fact, juries stand in direct opposition to the reality that the average citizen is completely and utterly poo poo at making legal decisions and increase injustice for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Nathilus posted:

Stupidity is less scary than corruption when it comes down to life and death. Having a political class that has sole right of judgement and can execute people or lock them up for life is practically asking for de facto plutocracy.

And yet, most of Europe uses juries in much fewer cases if at all while being less of a plutocracy than the US.

Amused to Death posted:

Juries don't exist to rule on law, they exist to rule on whether or not the state has provided enough evidence to convict someone. We have judges to make decisions on law.

The average citizen is also unqualified to evaluate much of the evidence used in court. See e.g.: CSI effect.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

goose fleet posted:

Well, what are some examples of countries that don't do jury trials? How does that work out for them, compared to us?

Germany, aka Galt's Gulch irl.

• Locked thread