Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Look at how rabidly authoritarian the criminal justice system is right now, especially the prosecutors. I can't imagine the professional juries would be anything other than an extension of those attitudes. I'll take incompetent, uninformed people over people who think their duty is to send as many people to prison as humanly possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

OwlFancier posted:

What makes you think those are exclusive groups? Punitive justice enjoys a great deal of popular support.

It does enjoy a great deal of popular support but not the seemingly unanimous, unquestioning support it has in the law enforcement community. At least most average people think prison time for marijuana or copying medical journal articles is silly. Note how the law enforcement community is basically the only major institution left that opposes any sort of criminal justice reform or scaling back of the drug war. They are the last people I would trust to determine my innocence or guilt.

• Locked thread