Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

http://www.fightcade.com/

Use Fightcade to play the ones on arcade/Neo Geo! I can't supply the roms for it because we aren't allowed to break the law on this forum.

http://www.tetrisfriends.com/games/Battle2P/game.php
I'm not really sure how this website works yet but this is tetris! (edit: http://tetrisonline.pl/ is also tetris and is actually made for online versus games)

http://www.puyovs.net/
I haven't tried this one either but apparently it's Puyo Puyo with online!

if anybody knows other ways to play puzzle games online with friends and imps, please post it. it is extremely good to enjoy gaming together.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i will accept any and all Money Puzzle Exchanger challenges on fightcade and have yet to be defeated.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone play puyo puyo tetris? shits crazy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was a master of tetris ds/planet puzzle league online. Sadly DS online is dead, so my only puzzle game option recently has been Dr. Mario. Nintendo, please remember panel de pon.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Support pro YoCo.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I was a master of tetris ds/planet puzzle league online. Sadly DS online is dead, so my only puzzle game option recently has been Dr. Mario. Nintendo, please remember panel de pon.

do the re-releases of Dr. Mario actually have online multiplayer in them?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Tetris Attack owns and is my favorite puzzle game to determine someone's worth as a person. unfortunately i don't know of any way to play it online that doesn't involve roms and hamachi, but if you're ever in LA let me know and i will personally own you at it on my snes

i know this game goes by other titles but tetris attack is clearly the best because it has mario characters

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

anyone play puyo puyo tetris? shits crazy

puyo tetris is crazy lovely more like

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Velthice posted:

Tetris Attack owns and is my favorite puzzle game to determine someone's worth as a person. unfortunately i don't know of any way to play it online that doesn't involve roms and hamachi, but if you're ever in LA let me know and i will personally own you at it on my snes

i know this game goes by other titles but tetris attack is clearly the best because it has mario characters

i had a bunch of cousins who were dumb as goddamn stumps but the most intense tetris attack went on in that house, i havent played it competitively in so long

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

do the re-releases of Dr. Mario actually have online multiplayer in them?

Yes! Dr. Luigi and Dr. Mario Miracle Cure both have online multiplayer.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I need an online version of Tetris Attack/Panel de pon in my life. It's the most fun puzzle game imo. This cool dude is remaking it in SmileBASIC but there aren't any options for online multi in that, just local.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkkZT34OQ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im bad at puzzle games and competitive puzzle game play scares me outright

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
RIP to omgpop, the web-site with multiplayer puzzle games such as not tetris [later replaced with not puyo puyo due to a copyright claim] not bust a move, not bomberman, and many more, until it zynga bought them and shut it down

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I run monthlies on puyo vs, currently on hiatus until the spring cause most people have school though

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The puzzle game that was shoved into mario party 3 was pretty good, even had a mode so you could specifically play that for long periods of time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

No Such Thing posted:

The puzzle game that was shoved into mario party 3 was pretty good, even had a mode so you could specifically play that for long periods of time.

The ultimate in puzzle games, match 2...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If Capcom released a new Puzzle Fighter with online play it'd be an instant buy.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

The ultimate in puzzle games, match 2...

well, yea, but it had the thwomp so you could get a big rear end combo by squishing a pile to half the size

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
vs mode puzzgames freaking rule. i need to get to practicing yoco again so i don't get put on blast at the eastern conference championships but i also want to get good at wario's woods again because that game is beautiful nonsense

is there anybody out there who is good at pac-attack because every time i see that game being played i always want to figure it out but then i forget to ever play it

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

medibot posted:

vs mode puzzgames freaking rule. i need to get to practicing yoco again so i don't get put on blast at the eastern conference championships but i also want to get good at wario's woods again because that game is beautiful nonsense

is there anybody out there who is good at pac-attack because every time i see that game being played i always want to figure it out but then i forget to ever play it

I've tried to work out Pac-Attack several times and come up empty handed each time. There seems to be very little consistency on how Pac moves and what path he takes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seshoho Cian posted:

I've tried to work out Pac-Attack several times and come up empty handed each time. There seems to be very little consistency on how Pac moves and what path he takes.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Pac-Attack has good momfeel

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

lol

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
moms are super good at competitive puzzle games. i'm pretty sure that every god tier dr. mario player on the planet is a mom

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

medibot posted:

moms are super good at competitive puzzle games. i'm pretty sure that every god tier dr. mario player on the planet is a mom

My mom can only play bejeweled, peggle, ms pac man [joystick only] and the multiplacation x 20 section of Dr kurosawa's brain training

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Moms Are Tough

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it appears this thread was made to trap me.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Alright, i'm trying again.

Gameplay Tenet #1 of Pac-Attack: Your face buttons rotate your pieces around Anti-clockwise. There is no way to rotate clockwise.

Tenet #2: When Pac-Man shows up, he will either be facing left or right. He will move in this direction once you place him down, assuming he is able.

Tenet #3: Pac-Man's favourite direction is down. If Pac is physically able to go down, he will.

Tenet #4: Pac-Man disappears once he reaches the farthest down on the board he is able to travel and touches both sides of the row he's on.

Tenet #5: If Pac-Man eats enough ghosts, a fairy appears.

PAC MOVEMENT DEMONSTRATION

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

In this scenario, I assumed that Pac-Man would go to the right, due to him facing the right and there being a ghost right in front of him.

But Pac-Man's love for Down wins out, and he plummets towards the gaggle of ghosts. Do not underestimate Pac's tenacity towards moving down.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

With all this in mind, the ideal structure to build is a staircase like ascending pattern.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

This game is more frustrating than it is fun.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm Harl.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

no they will not posted:

My mom can only play bejeweled, peggle, ms pac man [joystick only] and the multiplacation x 20 section of Dr kurosawa's brain training

i showed 10000000 to my mom a couple years ago and now she's super good at it and can finish a full playthrough in like an hour. if that game had a versus mode then i would get crushed

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i like watching jp players play puyo because chains just kinda materialize out of nowhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VGVtJbyeho

etc

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i have tried to play puyo so many times but i can never wrap my head around setting up even the most basic of combos in it

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

a very good player from japan challenged me in Money Puzzle fightcade and we played a bunch of sets. he won but he was beatable and it was very very fun. i am happy to have finally met someone who is better than me at the game.

i love monpuz.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

i have tried to play puyo so many times but i can never wrap my head around setting up even the most basic of combos in it

we used to try to teach new players by having them follow patterns but as you might imagine that goes poorly in real world situations where you'll seldomly get perfect setups, not to mention pressure from the opponent. the learning curve is super steep but the skill ceiling is nearly unlimited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tetris attack is loving badass
as is puyo puyo

• Locked thread