Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

1. What do you write, how often do you write, and how long have you been writing?

I write several hours a day, five days a week.

I handle communications and P.R for a startup company. Internal and external communications, interviews, pitches and speeches. I plan communications strategy for the company. I am the person who advises you on what to say and how to say it. I sit with engineers, programmers and business people and learn everything I can, so I can correctly communicate that to others. I help guide the company culture. I coach employees. And there is crisis management.

2. If you write professionally, do you also write as a hobby, or vice versa? And if so how do the experiences affect each other?

Gaming is a major part of my life. I like to create worlds and characters and then imagine the interactions. When busy, it is difficult to play because I use the same mental "muscles". My hobby has enhanced my creativity.

3. What sort of training/education have you received that influences your writing? Between experience and education, which is more important for writing?

I read a lot. I value daydreaming and imaginative exercise. Higher education can help you build confidence. But optional.

4. What is your proudest moment as a writer? Or, alternatively, what do you hope to accomplish as a writer?

When someone appreciates your work enough to reward you for it.

I recently created a pitch-deck for someone overnight and they were appreciative. That meant a lot to me, because business people do not waste time with undeserved praise.

5. Who do you look up to as a role model for writing and why? If you have no role model, then why not?

I admire naive writers, people who write for personal pleasure.

6. If you can only give one piece of advice to aspiring writers, what would that be?

You must learn is to edit your work based on the guidance of a critic or client. Rewrite again and again. Even if they are wrong and you are right.

xutech fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread