Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature
I made this thread in Ask/Tell also, but to be thorough I'm posting it here as well. As part of an assignment in my writing class I am supposed to interview a number of writers regarding their experiences. Rather than expending the effort necessary to leave the house, I have decided it would be better to post a thread here asking people about their own experiences. You do NOT need to be an accomplished writer to answer. The interviewed do not need to be published authors, or, really, even formally educated. The assignment only requires that the interviewed are people who do regular writing even if that means business emails or simple reports. Hell, even just running a blog is good enough, so don't hesitate to answer. If a response isn't good enough I'll either ask you to clarify or just won't use it.

1. What do you write, how often do you write, and how long have you been writing?

2. If you write professionally, do you also write as a hobby, or vice versa? And if so how do the experiences affect each other?

3. What sort of training/education have you received that influences your writing? Between experience and education, which is more important for writing?

4. What is your proudest moment as a writer? Or, alternatively, what do you hope to accomplish as a writer?

5. Who do you look up to as a role model for writing and why? If you have no role model, then why not?

6. If you can only give one piece of advice to aspiring writers, what would that be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature
Thank you all for your responses. This thread is really insightful, and your contributions allowed me to get a perfect grade on the intended assignment. The semester has ended, but I'm going to leave this thread open for posterity. If anyone still wants to contribute their own answers please do so, as I'm not the only one who can benefit from it.

Thanks again! I really do appreciate it.

• Locked thread