Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
1) anime fanfiction, every night, every second of my life

2) it is my life

3) i am a real life anime, so i write my experiences. i have no formal education in anime

4) waking up and realizing that im spreading the good word of anime

5) naruto writers

6) watch more anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i feel bad for shitposting lol nope so i'll serious post

1. I write flash fiction mostly for thunderdome. I write a piece (around 1k words) once a week usually, maybe more depending on mood or classes, sometimes less if I'm lazy or busy with real life. I've been writing since I've been in school, though that was mostly academic and boring. I started writing creatively more in my junior year of high school, more seriously my senior year when i found thunderdome, and then even more seriously freshmen year of college (for reference I'm a sophomore in college).

2. Nope, just a big dumb idiot writing dumb words, though I've submitted to some mags, never published though.

3. I started writing in a creative writing class, but I don't remember much of it. If you call Thunderdome training/education, then yeah, that. Both are equally important imo. You need experience, but also need people to yell at you and call you bad critique your work.

4. When people talk about my stories and they like it. It could be a little thing, but it's great to hear when somebody says "this was a fun read" or "I really liked this." It's (part of) why I do this tbh.

5. I don't really have a role model. I don't know, I think it's because, while I write for other people, I also write for myself. I'm a fairly introspective person and really, really quiet and awkward, so it acts as an outlet for me. So, writing to me is more of a personal experience that where I feel like the only person, which is why I like it.

6. Write you. Don't try to be anyone else because people will know. Anyways, why do you want to be anybody else? You're the only you, you're the only person that's seen things the way you see them. So why not show the world what you see? That's the best part about reading. Seeing all those new ways to look at the world, it's wonderful.

• Locked thread