Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I'm getting a New 3DS tomorrow.

It's a good and fun idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
bitch it ain't even november

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hubris.height posted:

bitch it ain't even november

Yeah, but it's too late. Last thread is closed and kewpuh already blessed this one with sticky status.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

do you recommend any face plates for the holiday season

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
its ok, this thread feels right.

legend of legacy review: disappointing

whats the next jrpg releasing in the us for the 3ds?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
despite buying a whole new 350 dollar graphics card, the only games that I end up playing long term are things like europa universals and starsector

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

AfroLine posted:

do you recommend any face plates for the holiday season

I recommend the Special Edition Zelda one, which i will be stuck with forever, because its an XL.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
is that Star Citizen thread worth reading? it seems long

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its one of the worst threads Ive ever seen on this website.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
oh gently caress me there's another one?! I was thinking of this one
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's v funny

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
No the sight of a bunch of overly enthusiastic nerds turning overly bitter and mean is tragic

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

exquisite tea posted:

No games really hold my interest anymore. I'm usually down for the ride until I die a couple times in a row then I'm like ehhhhh and just cycle through other stuff that I'll probably never get around to finishing. I think Life is Strange was the only game I actually completed this year. In conclusion, I think I am finally getting too old for games.

This is substantially a result of there being simply too many good, decent and great games easily available such that it's really quite impossible to play them all. It's the "paradox of choice" situation where awareness of the opportunity cost of playing any one game (in terms of all the other games you COULD be playing) diminishes the value of that particular game you're playing in your eyes.

also possibly you're getting too old for video games.

starry skies above fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 31, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mabels big day posted:

Proper.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Happy Halloween! Be sure to post your epic gamer halloween costumes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 31, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

My taint has been reaped

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Kojima has risen, he still works for Konami but I hope to god he hired a writer for whatever his next project is.

He's claiming his console games are still going to be made.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor McCheese posted:

it's weird; star citizen and everything to do with it is a hilarious dumpster fire but there is way too much thread to read because there's a community of weird obsessive nerds who make fifty posts a day about one thing they don't like and follow every single piece of news related to it

the object of ridicule is legitimately funnier than the xbone or bioware games or most of the other stuff goons have done that with tho

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

it's weird; star citizen and everything to do with it is a hilarious dumpster fire but there is way too much thread to read because there's a community of weird obsessive nerds who make fifty posts a day about one thing they don't like and follow every single piece of news related to it

the object of ridicule is legitimately funnier than the xbone or bioware games or most of the other stuff goons have done that with tho

Star Citizen has become Chris Chan

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Taint Reaper posted:

Star Citizen has become Chris Chan

Not until it can unite goons who keep leftover pizza under their bed in holy matrimony.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

In the end they're going to say the only reason Star Citizen never came out is because people didn't give Chris Roberts enough money.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There are probably two or three people in the SC thread who are still saulty about spending hundreds if not thousands on imaginary ships who still watch stupid dev streams or whatever. Then there's Derek Smart being Derek Smart and goons mostly try to keep this force of nature in check. Everything else is just feel-good shitposting and funny pictures. The best way to enjoy it I find is to check once a day for the funnies and post nonsense. :gary:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ekster posted:

In the end they're going to say the only reason Star Citizen never came out is because people didn't give Chris Roberts enough money.
Star Citizen cannot fail, it can only be failed

Mayor McCheese posted:

net cafe scandal posted:

Its one of the worst threads Ive ever seen on this website.
It's basically just another Xbox One Sharktank thread.

corn in the bible posted:

Well, it was a MORAL CHOICE -- you can either tell your son to gently caress his teacher (because she is failing him as revenge for no longer sleeping with her) or go gossip with people and thus find out she murdered her baby brother when she was younger so you can blackmail her
While I am disappointed at the lack of murder given it is, you know, a Desperate Housewives game, I am pleased that there is an effective blackmail option with a murderous backstory.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 31, 2015

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
what the hell, it's not November yet

but mgsv is pretty good

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
GOTY 2015 - Devil's Turquoise

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the only thing i regret is that i didn't wait to get one of those rad Zelda themed New 3DS's :mad:

other than that the 3DS owns

meanwhile the first two people have died in dangan ronpa 2 and neither of them were people i liked so yay to that

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Sleeveless posted:

Happy Halloween! Be sure to post your epic gamer halloween costumes.

Jesus christ, last generation controllers in motherfucking 2015, what a cheap guy.

And no keyboard and mouse.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I don't know why this game didn't get more exposure

The steam store page should probably not mention tower defense right off the bat.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I liked the Ouya thread, it was nice to riff on something objectively terrible instead of GameFAQs-era console warring over the Xbone.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Heavy Lobster posted:

I liked the Ouya thread, it was nice to riff on something objectively terrible instead of GameFAQs-era console warring over the Xbone.

the xbone is objecitvely terrible.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

starry skies above posted:

This is substantially a result of there being simply too many good, decent and great games easily available such that it's really quite impossible to play them all. It's the "paradox of choice" situation where awareness of the opportunity cost of playing any one game (in terms of all the other games you COULD be playing) diminishes the value of that particular game you're playing in your eyes.

also possibly you're getting too old for video games.

I think I'm just getting too impatient to deal with the RPG infodump crap anymore. If the game's plot doesn't grip me within the first hour or I can't play it in 20 minute bursts and feel accomplished then I just kinda zone out and lose any motivation to continue. Indie games have opened my eyes to stories about gay teenagers being way more interesting than anything in the Witcher.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Heavy Lobster posted:

Why did you post about the Xbone in gamefaqs?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually like The Witcher 3 because it doesn't follow a standard "epic" fantasy story, and it's actually a pretty low-stakes, personal narrative.

It is definitely long as poo poo though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

My problem with The Witcher 3 is the combat is terrible and 50 hours in with no end in sight I just lost the will to keep hacking through waves and waves of trash mobs

The story was pretty interesting, just a shame about everything else around it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

something posted:

Does anyone here like Rhythm Games? I like Rhythm Games.

I don't like them too much, except for patapon that is stellar

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I bought a 17 cent game in the steam sale named Out There Somewhere. It's a pretty fun puzzle platformer where you have a teleport gun that teleports you to wherever it hits.

It's only like an hour long but hey, it cost less than a gumball.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Started playing Dragon Age 2 today. Why did it get such a bad rep? The lack of racial diversity/origins is kind of uncool, but man the combat is way more fun and rewarding.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nasgate posted:

Started playing Dragon Age 2 today. Why did it get such a bad rep? The lack of racial diversity/origins is kind of uncool, but man the combat is way more fun and rewarding.

The enemy encounters are riddled with giant trash mobs pretty much the entire way through and it's just incredibly boring. Also the environments look horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like I generally dislike rt+p games so I may not be the best judge (I dislike Baldurs Gate combat, for instance) but even then DA2 combat seemed noticeably monotonous

• Locked thread