Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

don't you guys care about archives? db3 is down and it needs money to get better! please help lowtax get a new server so you can enjoy brilliant posts for years to come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

as an investor in awful.llc I am desperate for my dividends so pony up you fucks

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

please note that you're not forced to donate. how swell! but really, if you have a heart you won't let db3 die a slow and painful death, and you'll donate :20bux: to save it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

there's also a mystery gift! maybe lowtax will let you beat him up on camera if you donate a lot. but you'll only find out what it is if you donate now!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lets save the site

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

how much does a db3 cost to replace?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Valeyard posted:

lets save the site

didn't you offer to save the site but he did not reply?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mirror library of congress archives

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

:ninja:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

it's probably priceless thanks to the vast amounts of comedy gold stored within, but i'm sure it can be saved if we all scrape together our startup money and tesla funds

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

very carefully

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

drat hes editing my posts, trying to cover up this travesty!!!

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I bought platinum, even though there's nobody who wants to send me private messages

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i just gave richard $10. ill give him $30 more when my paycheck from the glory hole hits.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

what's db3

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i donated a few weeks back because i love the forums and their glorious leader lowtaxico

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i donated also. blessed richard needs our love in this trying time more than ever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

i donated also. blessed richard needs our love in this trying time more than ever

same and agreed

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

richard (dick) is a known sexist man

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

he once insulted Jezebel

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
he has my $5

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

is it like mongodb

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

dat bootie ^ 3

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

is it like mongodb

no. it means like 'database server 3' and is probably some ancient mysql myisam smoldering garbage fire

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

it's the something awful forums database and architecture therein. take from that what you will

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is donating just mean buying a new avatar

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

someone donate to lowtax to get me a new AV

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

is donating just mean buying a new avatar

i think that goes into a different pool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pool?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
surely he just has a list of priorities and attacks from bottom to top?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

pool of money. the av/new reg/smiley cash goes into the vacation/hooker fund, the donation stuff goes into the forums database fund

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

pool of money. the av/new reg/smiley cash goes into the vacation/hooker fund, the donation stuff goes into the forums database fund

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i changed my username and av a couple weeks ago and he already needs more cahs?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol mysql is so bad

someone probably did an alter table and because the replication was set to the wrong type by default it broke 3 months ago and we're just noticing
or perhaps it had unsafe disk flushing by default a server crash has left the tables corrupted and now the dba needs to dump and restore huge tables

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Jenny Agutter posted:

i changed my username and av a couple weeks ago and he already needs more cahs?

who the hell are you?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my stepdads beer posted:

lol mysql is so bad

someone probably did an alter table and because the replication was set to the wrong type by default it broke 3 months ago and we're just noticing
or perhaps it had unsafe disk flushing by default a server crash has left the tables corrupted and now the dba needs to dump and restore huge tables

the something awful forums dba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
wow you'd think he'd be able to make a lot of money if he

made some funny content that people want to see

• Locked thread