Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pk needs our love, and I might not agree with him on anything but I made a commitment to him, he is "ok"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
hey lowtax i bought no-ads

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

shitface posted:

MySQL is fine for its intended purpose and more than adequate for running a dying forum. at some point you still have to know what the gently caress you're doing though

do you defend php too

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Millstone posted:

BECAUSE NOBODY IS BUYING ANYTHING HERE AND WE'RE NOT POPULAR AND I'M NOT MAKING ANY MONEY AND I HAD TO FIRE EVERYBODY BECAUSE I'M GOING BROKE AND I SWEAR TO GOD I'M LIKE THIS CLOSE TO THROWING MYSELF OFF A GODDAMN BRIDGE BUT I PROBABLY WON'T BECAUSE I'M AFRAID OF HITTING SOMEBODY'S BOAT AND NOT DYING AND THEN GETTING SUED AND MY KIDS WON'T GET TO GO TO COLLEGE AND WILL HAVE TO PILOT PREDATOR DRONES OR WORK IN WAL-MART FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES

i blame your posting

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

don't worry guys i'm sure the forum will stay afloat forever using the money lowtax gets for serving up virus-riddled banner ads to the seven people in the world still not using adblock

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

can't believe these idiots have been running their own servers for so long. get in the cloud you morons

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Larry Parrish posted:

I think PleasureKevin should be brutally beaten to death with a tire iron, or maybe a star wrench. That's just how I feel.
       \

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Kid CUDA posted:

can't believe these idiots have been running their own servers for so long. get in the cloud you morons

i can believe it

SA is a shambling mess of 15 years of amateur hacks built out of reinvented wheels, all fueled by stubborn ignorance and a refusal to believe there is any other way of doing things

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

remake sa as a spotify-esque service where you pay a subscription to read and post makers get paid on the basis of views and or quotes (with extra royalties for empty quotes)

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

i can believe it

SA is a shambling mess of 15 years of amateur hacks built out of reinvented wheels, all fueled by stubborn ignorance and a refusal to believe there is any other way of doing things

uhh no offense but this is the worlds most advanced forum software idiot - loetaxxe

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I post as a public service and also part of my parole agreement to work with disadvantaged youth. please don't turn this safe space into a crass commercial enterprise

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

poty posted:

i blame your posting

So do i

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is this it?

is this the thread that gets yospos shut down?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
specifically it was your post in the thread

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

someone donate to lowtax to get me a new AV

ok.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

hahaha

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
lmfao lowtax is literally begging for dollars because the alternative would involve making something that people find funny, and maybe renaming gbs to "purple monkey dishwasher" isn't going to cut it

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

has no one made a DB2 joke yet

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

a motion before the yospos council

smythe please probate moo cow every time he shameless begs for a new av as his request has now been fulfilled

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Space-Pope posted:

lmfao lowtax is literally begging for dollars because the alternative would involve making something that people find funny, and maybe renaming gbs to "purple monkey dishwasher" isn't going to cut it

i believe you'll find a curated, handcrafted collection of hilarious content on the something awful front page

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
:vince:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mishaq posted:

a motion before the yospos council

smythe please probate moo cow every time he shameless begs for a new av as his request has now been fulfilled

I second

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

It's more typical to write it out as "dBASE III" but that's lowtax for ya

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
http://db3corp.com/

now i know what lowax is gonna spend our dollars on, the weed

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
jokes on lowtax, i deployed 3 databases labelled db1, db2 and db4

Ghost of SA Past
Sep 16, 2015

Millstone posted:

BECAUSE NOBODY IS BUYING ANYTHING HERE AND WE'RE NOT POPULAR AND I'M NOT MAKING ANY MONEY AND I HAD TO FIRE EVERYBODY BECAUSE I'M GOING BROKE AND I SWEAR TO GOD I'M LIKE THIS CLOSE TO THROWING MYSELF OFF A GODDAMN BRIDGE BUT I PROBABLY WON'T BECAUSE I'M AFRAID OF HITTING SOMEBODY'S BOAT AND NOT DYING AND THEN GETTING SUED AND MY KIDS WON'T GET TO GO TO COLLEGE AND WILL HAVE TO PILOT PREDATOR DRONES OR WORK IN WAL-MART FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES

Is there a contingency plan in place if Lowtax does hurl himself off a bridge? Who takes over the forums?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

someone donate to lowtax to get me a new AV

check your private messages before you wreck your private messages

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also i have a spare avatar cert if anybody really needs it

like, really needs it. it's an emergency cert.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I like the forums

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

also i have a spare avatar cert if anybody really needs it

like, really needs it. it's an emergency cert.

give it to smythe

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

a bribe, you say?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Ghost of SA Past posted:

Is there a contingency plan in place if Lowtax does hurl himself off a bridge? Who takes over the forums?

we move to goons.yospos

it's part of the new goons hierarchy on Usenet, coming soon to an ISP near you

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Ghost of SA Past posted:

yes, there's totally a hot spare admin ready to fail over in case the first one goes down.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

bobbilljim posted:

jokes on lowtax, i deployed 3 databases labelled db1, db2 and db4

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

The Management posted:

hot spare admin

page me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

yipes, artosis, and hell even dj wheat ftw

artosis, dj wheat, tasteless, and day9 are the best casters.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
someone at work was saying how total biscuit was great and how he's sad he has cancer

i said "he's a horrible pile of human poo poo, treats everyone with contempt, is mostly wrong with his opinions, is generally wrong with his casting, and is a complete waste of air", and he flipped his poo poo

lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i, too, care about internet video game man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Migishu posted:

someone at work was saying how total biscuit was great and how he's sad he has cancer

i said "he's a horrible pile of human poo poo, treats everyone with contempt, is mostly wrong with his opinions, is generally wrong with his casting, and is a complete waste of air", and he flipped his poo poo

lol

total biscuit is the worst

• Locked thread