Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfWQ-PQPy4U

You can't go wrong with western anime commercials like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It looks like boring Pokemon and just because dumb kids in Japan buy level 5's non-Layton garbage doesnt mean westerners will be dumb enough to.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i tried the demo. game seemed okay, but for some reason they decided you shouldn't be able to look at your mons' stats or anything in the demo.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

i tried the demo. game seemed okay, but for some reason they decided you shouldn't be able to look at your mons' stats or anything in the demo.

The battle system was pretty interesting but not knowing what your dudes did made it a bit confusing. I think it'll be a good game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Level 5 made DQVIII so they're good in my book.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Your 'mons.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Level 5 made DQVIII so they're good in my book.

It must be like a dream come true to be asked to work on DQ, especially since it's so engrained in their culture

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if its p much pokemon but with a bit more depth im all over it OP

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they made jeanne de arc for psp too that was fun

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

if its p much pokemon but with a bit more depth im all over it OP

It has fusion stuff and team synergy but you can only choose when to use special moves so I can't say it has more depth, just differently designed. I liked the demo though, reminded me of DemiKids for the GBA.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the monster designs are insanely bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Soral posted:

Salaryman Dog...

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Soral posted:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Soral posted:

Dint know they were using your post history as monster design!

Soral
May 30, 2009

thank you all for posting the full list of good monsters in this thread, a list that is outnumbered by the amount of identical downs syndrome cat monsters in different costumes

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

spirits/ghosts + pokémon = win

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

id have to be posessed by a yao guai to waste my money on this piece of loving garbage.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Interesting stuff, but the regulars of this forum will tear you apart for signing your posts.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Interesting stuff, but the regulars of this forum will tear you apart for signing your posts.

:boom: :boom: :boom:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

It looks like boring Pokemon and just because dumb kids in Japan buy level 5's non-Layton garbage doesnt mean westerners will be dumb enough to.

Which is why they're going to make their debut on the land of the free with the third game, which includes such truly inspired designs for the western audience like the burger yokai.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

qnqnx posted:

Which is why they're going to make their debut on the land of the free with the third game, which includes such truly inspired designs for the western audience like the burger yokai.

that piece of bacon is expressing my feelings when I'm about to eat some mother loving bacon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
this game isn't very fun, at least the demo wasnt.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

these are extremely good actually

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

qnqnx posted:

AIDS.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Level 5 won't be getting a single penny from me until they continue the Professor Layton series.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Can confirm that this Yokai Watch thing has been the absolute poo poo for kids in Japan over the past 2 years.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is there a demo on the eshop?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

Is there a demo on the eshop?

there is in north america. dunno about europe.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

there is in north america. dunno about europe.

Thanks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Soral posted:

hikikomori bat that constantly posts on 2ch

qnqnx posted:

not digging these though, coulda been cool if the devs actually took the time to learn some american occult lore

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 1, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i like the designs but the gameplay is just really lame. combat feels incredibly shallow

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

hikikomori bat that constantly posts on 2ch

this bat is my friend and is constantly haunting me

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

qnqnx posted:

every aspect of american culture is represented here, from your people's well documented love of hot air balloons with big moustaches, to the american people's love of bashful transit

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
level 5 boss: we need 500 american yokai by the end of the day or your fired
level 5 monster designer [looking around frantically through window]: uhh a baby. a car. a girl. a burger. some hair

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Maybe after grinding few more yokai watch games they'll finally become level 6

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

Maybe after grinding few more yokai watch games they'll finally become level 6

Thank you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

no they will not posted:

level 5 boss: we need 500 american yokai by the end of the day or your fired
level 5 monster designer [looking around frantically through window]: uhh a baby. a car. a girl. a burger. some hair

A Crocodile dressed as the american icon, Crocodile Dundee

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

not digging these though, coulda been cool if the devs actually took the time to learn some american occult lore

seriously if the smt guys can have the mothman, bigfoot, wendingos and loving chemtrails in their games i dont see why this one cant

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

no they will not posted:

every aspect of american culture is represented here, from your people's well documented love of hot air balloons with big moustaches, to the american people's love of bashful transit

you forgot our love of belts that fail when used on panda pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Omg

• Locked thread