Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
or fallout 1? I never played either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

so many good answers, too bad about wasteland 2 huh? I should probably try some day regardless but for now I'll go fallout 1 then age of decadence. How is the best way to play fallout 1? getting a copy from GOG then using some mod?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Divinity: OS I already wanted to play but I didn't know the latest shadowrun was good, I remember the first one having some lukewarm reception

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Oh, I don't care for builds, I was just wondering if there is a mod that fix fo1 problems or something, like the restoration mod for fo2.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Alain Post posted:

There's absolutely nothing to let you know that energy weapons are inherently superior to Small Guns in the Fallout setting. I don't like FO3 very much but they did the right thing by making the basic laser weapons trash guns for low level characters and it's telling that F:NV followed suit.

I totally agree with you and still I figured energy guns would be a thing for later. I couldn't know for sure but the first thing I did was put all my points in small guns since I thought they would be the most common, so I would be able to deal with combat until I get the hang of the game. But I could be remembering wrong, it was like 20 years ago or something.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I played a bit of it when it was released, it was cool, multiplayer is crazy with everyone getting super drugged and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I've been playing fallout 1 for a while and it's pretty good indeed. I'm still at the beginning so it just seems like a fallout 2 with another story so far, besides having to right click to change cursor "modes" which is a pain in the rear end. On a related note are there keyboard shortcuts to change the type of attack between single, aimed single, burst and reload?

• Locked thread