Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
For the love of GOD don't play Wasteland 2. I can only hope I got here in time before the OP committed a tragic mistake. However Fallout 1 is pretty good and if you want another good RPG check out Age of Decadence which is a hell of a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SunAndSpring posted:

Just play Divinity: Original Sin's Enhanced Edition instead of that.

Gross.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

Pillars of Eternity is really good but it just makes me want to play Baldur's Gate instead lol. I should really play through PoE.

Baldur's Gate sucks.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

rediscover posted:

it was the first game of its genre that i played (crpg? wha?) and i just thought they were all like that and the genre just wasn't for me but then i played pillars of eternity and that game is epic and wasteland 2 is dog poo poo

Now play some good ones like Fallout and Planescape: Torment.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

dangerdoom volvo posted:

baldurs gate 2 is the peak of human endeavour

Of poo poo.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

rediscover posted:

Okay but I think PoE counts as a good one.

It's OK but it ain't poo poo compared to Fallout.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Or if you want something recent, Age of Decadence, which is awesome.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

program666 posted:

so many good answers, too bad about wasteland 2 huh? I should probably try some day regardless but for now I'll go fallout 1 then age of decadence. How is the best way to play fallout 1? getting a copy from GOG then using some mod?

You dont need a mod for fallout 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that's true, but I had much higher expectations for WL2 - I was expecting a follow-up to either/both of Wasteland 1 or Fallout 1, whereas with PoE I was expecting (and got) a Baldur's Gate follow-up and BG was always mediocre so who cares. i loving hate rtwp

Wasteland 2 was made by inxile who are mega retarded and the head guy is the guy who basically killed off the age of awesome rpgs.

• Locked thread