Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Karate Bastard posted:

I imagine this as physics exam. If the goatman farted a chandelier, what velocity would it have on impact?

Terminal, in at least one definition of the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Valiantman posted:

Terminal, in at least one definition of the word.

lol

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

He arrives late christmas eve or very early christmas morning. So he must start where christmas eve starts and chase the night.

Around here Santa actually visits the kids in their homes on Christmas Eve to deliver presents in person since he starts his round from nearby Korvatunturi. It's funny how often he manages to show up just as some older male relative has to go outside to take care of something and then has to spend the rest of Christmas miffed that they didn't get to meet Santa themselves.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

They were banned because of moderator action.

quote:

Horrible creepy pedophile and burgeoning child molestor

The link in the post he's replying to is dead, but from context he's making an amorous remark about a little girl's bare feet.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Speaking of, from the tweet thread discussing sexpest goons:

Mauser posted:

The forbidden joke :eyepop:

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

lol remember when you'd catch at least a sixer for that

Dameius posted:

Mods be obsessed with catching sixers.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Platystemon posted:

They were banned because of moderator action.

:dudsmile:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Friend posted:

Speaking of, from the tweet thread discussing sexpest goons:

I almost didn't post that because I thought the joke was a stretch so let this be a lesson and :justpost:.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

when I saw Mauser’s post I scrolled back squinting at the recently posted tweets to find a reference to the forbidden image. totally different

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dameius posted:

I almost didn't post that because I thought the joke was a stretch so let this be a lesson and :justpost:.
:justpost: old friend

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

freeedr posted:

Which album has the song about being eviscerated in front of a group of school children

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pidgin Englishman posted:

P▒O▒T▒A▒T▒O▒E▒S▒I▒N▒B▒I▒O

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Those are all bots replying, right?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Outrail posted:

Yeah. If the generic, samey response weren't a dead giveway, the account names all being @Name<string of numbers> are.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Outrail posted:

Don't listen to that guy, these are all real people, enjoying real food ❤️🥰 #PlantPower #VeganVibes Click for free BTC

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

1stGear posted:

Yeah. If the generic, samey response weren't a dead giveway, the account names all being @Name<string of numbers> are.

I don't do the socials but what's the point? Bots talking to bots for what end?

Like if each message has a link to an obvious scam it'd make sense, but random replies don't do anything? Or do they?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Outrail posted:

Like if each message has a link to an obvious scam it'd make sense, but random replies don't do anything? Or do they?
To trick gullible people into giving them money.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

Don't listen to that guy, these are all real people, enjoying real food ❤️🥰 #PlantPower #VeganVibes Click for free BTC

Wow that link made all my dreams come true! ✨ 🤩

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Malachite_Dragon posted:

To trick gullible people into giving them money.

Yeah but how? Hey my post is random words, click on my profile?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

White noise non scam activity can help disguise your scams from automated poo poo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Outrail posted:

Actually came up in the bad with money thread a while back that a lot of the internet scam ecosystem is in itself a scam, tools and playbooks being sold to people that may not actually make any meaningful amount of money off them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

1stGear posted:

at least for a while, that was the default new user account name pattern

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tunicate posted:

White noise non scam activity can help disguise your scams from automated poo poo

Also if it looks like people are having ***interactions*** with your channel then the algorithm will boost it higher. People also buy & sell social media accounts and a page with a higher follower count sells for more, so there's online services which sell bulk comments/followers/subscribers

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Every passing year makes me more grateful for these forums. I'm fairly sure none of us are bots.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:hai:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tree Bucket posted:

Every passing year makes me more grateful for these forums. I'm fairly sure none of us are bots.

All my posting friends are genuine and fun!! #cool #wow :foksmash: :santahurr: :mcnally:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now could a bot do this :goatsecx:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Easily. Shall I send it over?

e: You'll have to sign a waiver tho.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Please.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
speaking of bots

spaceblancmange posted:

fresh in our gpu memory

context

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

All my posting friends are genuine and fun!! #cool #wow :foksmash: :santahurr: :mcnally:

Have you got a bio I could see btw?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Tree Bucket posted:

Have you got a bio I could see btw?

P▒O▒R▒P▒O▒I▒S▒E▒I▒N▒B▒I▒O

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

1stGear posted:

When Discord did the switch to "get your username without a string of numbers" switch however many months back, I was very happy to keep and get the username I'd never gotten around to changing to here until just now.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Karate Bastard posted:

How soon we forget DSTR

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

stringless posted:

When Discord did the switch to "get your username without a string of numbers" switch however many months back, I was very happy to keep and get the username I'd never gotten around to changing to here until just now.

More like stringless

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I mean that might have been what you werer saying but the back half of the sentence is a car crash sorry

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've been using it for years elsewhere but never got around to changing my username here until that spurred me to it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actually came up in the bad with money thread a while back that a lot of the internet scam ecosystem is in itself a scam, tools and playbooks being sold to people that may not actually make any meaningful amount of money off them.

Yeah, Dan Olson had an interesting video about a couple of brothers doing that thing. The scam was fairly straightforward: Look at what books are selling on amazon, pay a ghost writer a pittance to poo poo out something in the same niche (at this point probably replaced by LLMs), then self-publish and hope that enough people buy it to make you a bit of a profit. But that was just the surface scam, the real scam was them selling courses and lessons to "teach" that scam to their marks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biYciU1uiUw&t=6s

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Not sure what else there is to teach, you summer it up pretty well tbh

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
That's why it's a scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Outrail posted:

Not sure what else there is to teach, you summer it up pretty well tbh

There are facets you're not getting, for a mere $799 $499 I can teach you the hidden mysteries. But hurry this promotional $300 savings won't last long!