Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Atheists are not funny.

I mean it's funny when they die, but other than that they're not funny.

Clearly you speak from experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tesseraction posted:

I thought the post you quoted was funny, but while there's criticisms to be made about Black Moses's methods, the person 'bloodshit' (lol) is citing is a freep-level conspiracy theorist who believes the republican party has been overrun with 'cuckservatives.'

Like I said tho, the quote was funny ty for posting it.

There's a bevy of really weird posters who kinda follow BM around accusing him of all kinds of things. When I first saw the quote here I thought for a second that was leaking in here. All-Pro might have done the same.

Sidenote: I'm hoping one of his un-fans gets outted as an actual paid shill from a foreign government so we can add one more bullet to the list of no-poo poo international tomfoolery that inexplicably intersects the forums. Honestly though, I think it's just the internet being the internet.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Context:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There's no trend with Hicks, there's just a steady supply of teenagers who think his observations are earth shattering because they're dumb teens.

And much like Ayn Rand, Nietschze, and Monty Python, LOL if you don't grow out of that poo poo by like 20.

The stage right after that one is wanting everyone to know how over those things you are.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

That's a funny post, but you know that SMG's interpretation isn't invalid, right? It's just incredibly unpopular. There's a difference.

Fair enough. I don't know if it's the fact that I didn't pay that much attention (because the movies were mostly fairly boring) or that they were just badly made movies that didn't communicate information clearly enough to the audience, but what you're saying bears basically no resemblance to what I remember about seeing those films. And I don't even post in CD. :shrug:

Maybe you just have a lovely memory.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jeza posted:

By that definition validity doesn't even mean anything. There is no longer a discernible difference between valid and invalid, so you may as well use different terminology. Validity implies a sound logical basis, and we accept logic based on whether it can be corroborated by other minds. In this English lit fantasy land, you should probably also accept that somebody who believes they need to drink fresh blood of children to survive is justified and logical despite having no evidence beyond their own minds to support their belief, and therefore it would be wrong to attempt to prevent them from chowing down.

Because you see, events in real life are exactly the same as a fictional narrative constructed to evoke feelings, present commentary on aspects of society, or otherwise convey an artistic message.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Chitin posted:

I can't believe I'm the first to post this very long, incredibly well-researched post about elf cocks.

This post is a thing of beauty. The entire thread us great, but man, this post.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

mind the walrus posted:

Well qcs wanted this so they can house the fallout.

I love all the posts describing GBS as a cesspit of racism, misogyny, poo poo posting, etc, and then responses from people who helped make GBS what it became that said "pfft it's clear you never read the board or posted there." Yeaaaah, ok buddy.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Snooze Cruise posted:

Some causes are worth fighting for.

Send in the clowns captain.

No thanks, there are enough people posting Crusty.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think it's cute he gets to use a job skill to make a fun game for his proposal. I'd have to hand my girlfriend a prospectus and explain to her that past performance is no guarantee of future gains and get flustered when she reads the graph upside down. Doesn't pack the same emotion.

I have a friend who proposed via a dating simulator game he made in silverlight. I wonder how many proposal games get made a year, and what the genre breakdown is, and how that breakdown changes if you only include successful proposals.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Powaqoatse posted:

We woke up one morning and fell a little further down
For sure it's the valley of death
I open up my wallet, and it's full of blood beans

Further explanation: it's from a Godspeed You! Black Emperor song.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Debt to America

Edit: The Rebirth of a Nation

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Malachite_Dragon posted:

is Dreddout having a psychotic break, or

I have no idea.

Dreddout posted:

I am a child abuse survivor, and all of you anti-ddlg judgemental pricks can gently caress off and know that you do not "speak on my behalf" Their is nothing wrong with DDLG. In fact, child abuse is one of my biggest fantasies. Nothing was more sexually satisfying then feeling my tough father decimate my tight, 9 year old pussy. The only thing that can satisfy me now is re-enacting that "abuse" with my current daddy. So yea, all of you judgemental shitheads can gently caress off and kill yourselves. DDLG for life.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

sneakyfrog posted:

some folks even do it for a living now, and there is something to be said for at least knowing a bit about whats going on that isnt just gossip, 2nd hand info and rumor.

So you're saying following pop music is a moral obligation??

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

sneakyfrog posted:

ey man if you arent following taylor swift on twitter and working in infosec i dont know what to tell you friend.

Duly noted. I'll turn in my metal albums and report for reeducation.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Solice Kirsk posted:

You should have turned those in for a collared shirt and brown shoes once you turned 25. :sigh: This generation...

I'm a programmer. I'm not really expected to be normal. Also, my shoes are selected to coordinate with the day's slacks and polo shirt. :colbert:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I don't read any comics that don't involve busty centaurs and/or the Holocaust.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Eela6 posted:

Each emoji has a code point in unicode, a standard for text. This is a reference number, usually in hexidecimal - our pal 🤔 is 0x1f914. Various programs let you convert one to the other. So long as your font supports the given character, you can use them just like normal ASCII text.

There's no difference, really, between 'b' and β and 🤔 and 💩.

Why? I can't answer that.

There's even some programming oriented fonts with crazy ligatures. In applications that support it != turns into ≠ and => into ⇒. Both characters are still there, but only one glyph is shown.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

om nom nom posted:

I mean I saw that, but Gorilla Salad is the username of the poster that quoted instant jellyfish.

So either some solid irony that you also missed a username in a post about missing a username, or it's a very clever joke. I assumed it was the former.

You're kind of dense, and that's sad. :C

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

fruit on the bottom posted:

All I know is that a gay poster made a lighthearted, self-deprecating remark about being gay and they were probated for homophobia which seemed like an odd decision.

Mods don't know everyone's orientation and can be politely alerted to missteps via PM. vOv

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

my dad posted:

Grimly funny since the suggestion for a separate but equal debate and discussion forum came from a couple of racists.

Yeah. I kept seeing people say things that amounted to "ugh can we have a separate board for race stuff so I don't have to see it, think about it, or engage with it in any way" with absolutely no sign of self awareness.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

your friend a dog posted:

avshalom was and is a really bad poster, and if you see them on an alt, remember to inform the mods asap!

Better poster than u

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

rockin' the old child abuse chuckles there, classic 'pos

You missed the point so badly I'm impressed.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sapozhnik posted:

pretty sure the intent there is "hey stop being mean to nazis and just give them what they want so they don't have to take it by force"

or is that :thejoke:

Nah he made that tweet after the kneeling football player stuff started and Trump made comments on being TV disparaging them and saying those players should all be fired. It's definitely not defending the Nazis.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Len posted:

I remember that time there was a no puns rule. Why can't that be a thing again?

It's basically a function of what pisses mods off more: the puns, or moderating the reports generated by the puns.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

thecluckmeme posted:

There are two kinds of people who relate to this: people who played goldeneye, and people no longer allowed in chili's

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sagebrush posted:

I started the quiz and realized on the first page that I am into zero percent of that weird poo poo so I closed the tab!

Why can't those BDSM weirdos just slather themselves in mayonnaise and pee on each other like normal people?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I just went from zero to sold. I am so playing this.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Aphrodite posted:

It’s also apparently just ripped off from... everything. That win will not age well.

Apparently? Are you making proclamations about movies you haven't seen?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Krankenstyle posted:

cmon help me out, some kind of balloon/boating knot transference?

Google "bulbis glandis."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bongo Bill posted:

Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

tangy yet delightful posted:

While you're touring Animal Farm be sure to check out the duck wangs.

Bed bugs engage in what's called "traumatic insemination." Basically, female bed bugs don't actually have an opening for the male to use, so he has to make his own hole. The females have some reinforcement in their carapace to keep him from going through both sides of the Capri Sun, as it were.

A while back some scientists discovered a chemical that leaves male bedbugs hopelessly confused, to the point where they try to mate with each other. Except they don't have that reinforcement, so they end up raping each other to death in a frantic orgy of bug carnage.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Don't kill Hitler, don't make him a better artist, just negotiate the Treaty of Versailles to be less lovely to Germany. If you don't ruin the economy, he won't be so desperate after the war to wind up falling in with the NSDAP. Then maybe he just moves to America and becomes a scifi artist :v:

The treaty was less lovely than previous war ending treaties, and the Germans were allowed to renegotiate partway through. The idea that it was so bad that desperate measures were justified is the fruit of Nazi propaganda.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

burial posted:

Ah, yes. Near to “Brasher” which somehow rhymes with “Frasier” and “Norfolk” which everyone pronounces “Norfork.” It really is a fun area.

As opposed to the one in Virginia that's NORF-uck or NORF-ick.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

fruit on the bottom posted:

My cat doesn't know how to kill.

Seriously, she once caught a mouse and then dropped on my mom's pillow next to her head at 5AM, terrified but otherwise unharmed as though she wanted us to teach her what the next step was.

Mother cats teach their kittens to hunt by bringing them progressively less injured prey so they can practice. Your cat thinks you're almost--but not quite--competent.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Choco1980 posted:

The regularity of people apparently falling asleep on railroad tracks astounds me. That looks like about 1000 times more uncomfortable than like, even the dirt 4 feet to the side.

I suspect that's a polite euphemism for suicide, much like "accidentally shot himself while cleaning his gun."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

sneakyfrog posted:

how y'all not know heathers

goddamn

I'd never even heard of it until this very moment. After googling, I was one year old when it came out.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Jun 23, 2018

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

FreudianSlippers posted:

This sort of stuff is why I'm slightly sceptical of the vision of a future where everyone, everyone rich at least, has their consciousness uploaded into an immortal cyberbody. Even the simplest software can go nuts if just one little thing is in the wrong place, I can't imagine how complicated a digital copy of a human mind would be and all the amazing bugs it would produce.

Imagine a future in which our eternal cybernetic overlords wipe their memory if they see a map of Utah, accidentally switch their language to Saami if they smell cinnamon, and poo poo out a large iron stool if they think about ants.

All because someone made a typo somewhere or accidentally copy/pasted the wrong but of code when programming the machine mind.

You get weird enough bugs with the stock hardware. There's a version of face blindness that only affects your ability to recognize your mother. There's a disorder where you before convinced you're dead or even rotting. Some people even like J-pop.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dixville posted:

Here cums the sun (Doo doo doo doo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The article this post links to is a pro read. Trust me.