Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Why do these threads always get closed or gassed? I was about to :justpost: something but then realized that I should probably have that information beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Does anyone have that quote where the guy related his pathetic and made up story about how he made a joke in a theater and and the whole place turned into an 'MST3K-style riff fest'?

I may have been reading that thread as it happened.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Notice to everybody: just let that img stay t.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The only problem with that Jesse Helms quote is how it directly steals a Bill Hicks joke about Jesse Helms. Mangles it, too.

Like you can be funny without poorly quoting other people and passing their words off as your own, that's a thing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Lifting Bill Hicks jokes is a net good because it means people get to enjoy a joke without having to look at or listen to Bill Hicks.

You probably don't like Bill Hicks because you think he was a comedian.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Chichevache posted:

New thread title is supremely good.

Just makes me think of the end of Kull the Conqueror where Kull is smashing the tablets and the court eunuch is screaming, "The laws!!! The laws!!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That quote was good because it reminded me of Clone High.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It's fun how the death of GBS, the forum that used to provide funny images, produced some images that I found funnier than anything that GBS had produced in 2016 so far.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bert Roberge posted:

I vow to never be funny.

You can quote me on this.

I vow to goof off and eat candy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

Talking about groverhaus in general used to get you in trouble. Oh, what enlightened times we are living in now.

There was a political pictures thread once where, after it had gotten several dozen pages long, the OP went back and edited in pictures of groverhaus into the first post. They were found out and banned.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Parrotine posted:

Give the cast some credit, not even Bill is stupid enough to try something like that

Dale's guard tower.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Alaois posted:

"why are people still making fun of this insanely stupid and funny thing that happened on these forums that were completely verboten to make fun of for years due to the subject's mod status, i don't get it thpbbbbbbbbbbbbb thpbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb thpbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb"

Of the whole business, the third most shameful thing is all the money people had to spend for talking about something stupid and funny.

The first and second are the existence of the house and then after that all the posts/pictures he made about his horrible house.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

A baboon lottery would be very entertaining to watch, and fun for everyone.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Modding GBS really broke Noni, and now he serves as a warning to the rest of us.

There have been quite a few "warnings" by now haven't there? Do mods have some sort of Goofus and Gallant instruction manual?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Abe was so very very bad. Just always so upset about the dumbest poo poo and surrounded by toadies so never engaging in a second of self-criticism.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The City of New York states in official regulations that a burrito is a sandwich.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

A sandwich is any molecules which totally surround other different molecules so please excuse me while I chow down on two pieces of pumice with some bronze in between.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I have to confess I've been seasoning my sandwiches with copper and I am a bitch.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Guys, we all know the true sandwich is the chickencheese, and if I hadn't just learned it was on the corrupted part of the database that's still being fixed I'd link the thread :sigh:.

Chicken + cheese + uranium oxide. Rolled in a tortilla. A little Cholula on top. Oh yeah.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It was for Ike if that helps at all.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I find puns Sobiboring.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

E: no.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

She's from Australia, sometimes the posts come in sideways.

Yeah posts go clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That was a really hosed up response and it was almost so passive aggressive that it became aggressive aggressive.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lobok posted:

I've heard of dick cheese but this is just going too far.

Eating your own fingernails + the miracle of birth = fun?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If you want to prepare yourself for time travel, don't buy some stupid shirt, just start making GBS threads in a big pot that you keep under the bed.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Just go back to the original pool of primordial ooze and stick your hand in it and stir it up a bit, splash it around kinda, so that instead of humans Earth gets some kind of hyperintelligent non violent crab type creatures.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

VanSandman posted:

Odo is a fascist, and Lwaxana as a mindreader recognized that, and harassed him according to his sins.

#justiceforbajor

I'm not going to agree with you about somebody deserving harassment but Odo is definitely a fascist.

quote:

ODO: It's their own fault. I've been warning them from the beginning.
O'BRIEN: What are you talking about, their fault? You're in charge of Security.
ODO: If you will let me be in charge of Security I will give you a safe station. You people tell me to do my job then give me a Federation rulebook listing all the things I can't do. Untie my hands before you start to blame me, Mister O'Brien.
DAX: I'm sure no one meant to blame you, Odo.
ODO: Give me the right to set a curfew, let me do more searches of arriving passengers, give me fifty more deputies.
KIRA: And this station will be just the way it was during the occupation.
ODO: Say what you like, it was safer then.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hihohe posted:

That wacky he man version of whats going on is way better than the original

That's true.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It's no wonder I can't draw dignity, I gave it up when I posted in this thread.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

If you like good worldbuilding that also has a good plot then I recommend the Broken Earth trilogy by N. K. Jemisin

I'm about to read all three of these on your recommendation so they better be good.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Language is fluid, what the gently caress is wrong with people

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm honestly always a bit surprised by how much everyone's browsing habits here differ. I have sigs off and I don't use bookmarks or the ignore/buddy lists. Some people turn off avatars entirely, which is insane to me.

I don't like avatars and have them turned off. One day I accidentally clicked my name when trying to get to a thread I'd created and saw my profile. I had a bit of a surprise!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

haveblue posted:

I'm pretty sure that's an LF original

It is, and it also steals from Bill Hicks.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What happened to the Star Citizen forum?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

Since it had like 2 active threads, it got closed and those threads moved back into Games.

It was just something I checked once or twice a year to see if Star Citizen was done yet. Did they ever release it or is it still just a con?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hihohe posted:

The bitcoin of the 80s to 90s.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

But enough about aatrek

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Inceltown posted:

I got face hair early but also can not grow a beard / mo / whatever. I am in patchy facial hair hell.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:smith::respek::smith:
I'm in the same boat. I can grow what basically amount to turbo-sideburns that connect my hair down to the chin and neckbeard, but they will. Not. loving. Connect. There is forever a finger-width strip of skin down my chin and neck where not a single hair will sprout, even if I go a year without shaving (which I did after graduating as an experiment.) A beard will never be in my future.

Literally the only problem with growing a long glorious full beard is that complete strangers will tell you their facial hair problems all the time. You become Beard Counselor to people of many ages. The most common complaint is patchiness/'my mustache and beard don't connect'.

So what I'm saying is that these posts make me nostalgic for when bars existed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

HerStuddMuffin posted:

And there can be only one.

Actually most of the problems with American English were caused by one guy who thought it should contain all the words used by Shakespeare so he carelessly imported and released them.