Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
This probably comes up pretty often, but could someone do me a favor and dig up the 'theory: reality' post that ends with "MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIED LSD"?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Thanks.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The City of New York states in official regulations that a burrito is a sandwich.

A sandwich is nothing but an open-sided burrito.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
You're right. I think it's about time we gas the thread.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Mak0rz posted:

I know of a couple of nerds that have been together since they were like twelve and are so inseparable that everyone refers to them by a portmanteau of their first names (e.g. "brangelina"). She apparently "doesn't like sex very much" so the boyfriend once jury rigged a home made dick sleeve out of latex gloves and packing tape and used that regularly.

They got married like last year in a wedding where everyone dressed in cosplay.

:froggonk: This should be admissible as evidence.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

shut up blegum posted:

I know, but do you copy/paste them in word or whatever? And why?

Each emoji has a code point in unicode, a standard for text. This is a reference number, usually in hexidecimal - our pal 🤔 is 0x1f914. Various programs let you convert one to the other. So long as your font supports the given character, you can use them just like normal ASCII text.

There's no difference, really, between 'b' and β and 🤔 and 💩.

Why? I can't answer that.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Chichevache posted:

I'm going to need a list of these posters who must be sought out and banned for un-goony behavior. A "blacklist", if you will.

:golfclap:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Flyball posted:

You let the water flow under the rocks and stones, I think.

:same: as it ever was

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

hackbunny posted:

Pepe memes like "feels good man" and "feels bad man" had escaped 4chan, and "normies" had started using them. Channers, who strongly identified with their version of Pepe (a depressed incel, versus the original friendly easygoing frog dude), spread the hoax that they were secret white supremacist memes — as they had already successfully done with trollface — to make them distasteful to the successful and attractive normies who didn't need or deserve the memes (and were "using them wrong" anyway), and kill their commercial value before some poo poo like a Meme Movie happened (a laudable goal, actually, and probably what they have in mind when they say that "conservativism is the new punk rock"). At some point, the hoax became real, in the now familiar process of death of irony

I hate that I understand all of this.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Danaru posted:

IIRC the "do you know de wae" lines were originally just referencing a so-bad-it's-good low budget Ugandan action movie, so while the accents weren't cool to do, it wasn't maliciously racist. I'm pretty loving sure the director didn't have people yelling "EBOLA! EBOLA! I HAVE EBOLA!" and spitting and clicking at people in his movie though, thanks gamers.

What movie? I love weird low-budget films.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

wayfinder posted:

I need a Chrome extension that changes "easily" to "in my extremely contested opinion" but it would be cool if it changed it for everyone, permanently

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

FactsAreUseless posted:

Roast Beef, Ray, and Pat are cats. Teodor is a rabbit. Cornelius is a bear. Lyle is a tiger. Philippe is five.

This is a funny forums quote.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Pannenkoek is a god, and god is mad.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sagebrush posted:

When I was a little kid I asked my dad where disco music came from. He said "grease", confusing two John Travolta movies, and I misunderstood it as "Greece". I thought about it for a bit: swarthy men, gold chains, seems to check out. So until I was in college I continued to believe that disco music was a popular Greek music style, maybe based on old Greek rhythms and musical sequences

GyroDisco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

wayfinder posted:

What's terrifying to me is that in all probability, a bunch of the world's biggest computer-based services are the same way. Just a big pile of spaghetti and when you change the wording on a checkout page in Brazil, suddenly the payment system in Denmark is in Hebrew, etc.

As a software developer, I guarantee you this is the case.