Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You're going to have to say which thread this is. Because I want to read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

Click on Wrath of the Bitch King's name in the quote. You're welcome. :)

Although yes, you do, even though the quote is only tangentially relevant.

E: Eh I was gonna teach a man to fish but it's Re: A Ticket Came In (so, IT work bitching) in SHSC.

Oh huh, I was bemoaning the fact that SA didn't have that feature. Turns out it does. Thanks.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I guess being bald makes me an atheist?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ivan Chesnokov posted:

EVERY SURPLUS RIFLE WITH BOLT ACTION IS CHEAP SOME TIME IN HISTORY. MOSIN NAGANT RIFLE IS MOST NUMEROUS OF ALL INFANTRY RIFLE. IT IS RIFLE THAT WINS OCTOBER REVOLUTION. IT IS RIFLE THAT CARRIES INFANTRY OF ALLIED FORCES IN EUROPE THROUGH GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR. MOSIN NAGANT RIFLE SERVES FOR MORE THAN CENTURY, OLD STOLEN RUSSIAN RECEIVER IS STILL USE BY SNIPER OF FINNISH ARMY.

YOU CAN BE HAPPY WITH 40,000 ROUBLE RIFLE WITH NO HISTORY AND PLASTIC STOCK WHO KILLS PAPER TARGET AND DEER WITH NO WEAPON OR FIGHTING HEART.

I CAN BE HAPPY WITH 2,000 ROUBLE RIFLE THAT IS ARTIFACT OF MILITARY HISTORY AND KILLS TSARIST AND NAZI ALIKE.

JOY OF HAVING MOSIN NAGANT RIFLE IS JOY THAT MONEY CANNOT AFFORD.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The word filter really makes that post.

I think the word filter should be "the Zodiac Killer" rather than "Zodiac Killer". Better grammar.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why hasn't nuGibbis been gassed yet anyway?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

You could also get probated for not punctuating a sentence or forgetting to capitalize something. Let's not pretend all the rules were good.

But that rule sounds good.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Can't wait for GBS to leak through the rest of the forums the way LF did when it went away. At least YCS just stayed in Games.

The best way to deal with this is to close GBS and permaban anyone who has posted there.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did you expect an instant transformation the first day it came back?

If you want GBS to be better, go post in GBS, Dr. Self-Fulfilling-Prophecy.

There's only one way to make GBS better.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

i think anyone who successfully manages a cabaret club must understand that many other men enjoy talking to and sitting next to women, and sometimes even buying them drinks.

That's the other guy I think. The one with the eyepatch.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

3. Don't stand under trees you don't recognize the species of. (Spiders, snakes, caustic tree juice, stinging leaves, falling nuts.)

I would say the way they drop entire tree limbs on you is a much bigger concern.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BonHair posted:

There's no embryo in eggs though, it's just chicken menstruation.

There can be. Depends where you buy them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There were originally twenty-three chapters about the trek back out of mordor but the publisher demanded they be cut.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Wait I thought the Lord of the Rings saga was penned by Frodo Baggins, you know, the dude who actually bore the ring? Are you telling me that the original copy has been destroyed or falsified??

Modern historiographers believe that 'Bilbo' was a concatenation of at least three historical personages.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The horror stories I still remember from my childhood were about botulinum toxin (called the sausage plague in my local tongue). I was taught never to let sausages (or meat in general) sit out or go past their expiration date, because no matter how much you nuke whatever bacteria reside there, the poison they make will survive.

I learned this before learning that it was a common cosmetic treatment to inject the sausage plague into your face. That was a trip.

Botulism will only grow in anaerobic conditions (no oxygen). Sausages are fine because they're exposed to air. Canned/bottled products are the main culprits because they're sealed away from air. It's also possible to get it from certain products in oil.

Staph also produces toxin and will grow in aerobic conditions, but the poison is much less lethal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It appears I may be wrong. Comes of only working with high-acid products for ten years.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's also Go home evolution, you're drunk.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've seen wart treatment kits in pharmacies that involve burning them off with acid.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Heath posted:

My dad taught me a treatment for plantar warts that actually worked. Basically you take a pill of aspirin, crush it up into a powder and mix it with a drop or two of water to make it into a paste, then put the paste over the wart and bandage it up. Repeat daily for a week or so.

It worked for me anyway

The kits I saw used salicylic acid (active component of aspirin), yes. They also typically had a nail-polish-like-substance to apply to the skin around the wart to protect it from the acid.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

worth mentioning that salicylic acid is the same poo poo the put in acne creams for children. its not exactly going to burn a hole in you

While this is true, 'it's also used in X' isnt a great argument. Phosphoric acid is in soft drinks, and I've tried to put hydrochloric acid in food before (marketing keep stopping me).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

some plague rats posted:

Wait what do you think icemelt is

Water?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

A broiler grill is a heating element/coil inside your oven. A grill barbeque is propane/charcoal actually burning beneath a metal grate you put food on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

No, barbecue is what comes out of a smoker.

Which I believe the british call a Tinglywince Horseyminster.

You're supposed to wait until the smoke and flames have died off and cook using the coals.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I really want them to reimplement bannings for poor spelling/grammar/capitalisation.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GitS is not where I'd make a stand on non-depraved artists.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's still Masamune Shirow, which was my point.

I guess the Major at least has a shirt in SAC, though her pants are inexplicably missing.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Isn't Odin genderqueer too?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Q: How are you enjoying the wedding?

ONLY SOCIALLY APPROPRIATE A: I'm having a lovely time thank you! :sparkles:

YOUR A: I ate so much cheese I poo poo

FOLLOW UP Q: ...

YOUR A: the girls in the toilet were really mean

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Garrand posted:

lmao 'us war on mayo' half of all our sauces are just mayo + something else. I'm pretty certain at least some of those are mayo + something else made out of mayo

Mayo + corn syrup

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I had pancreatitis and was looking up things to eat/not eat. HFCS is really bad because it's processed in your liver and turns in to fat right on your hepatic artery the same way alcohol does. Don't use the miracle whip.

unrelated

I was joking. You mean you madmen actually do it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Robobot posted:

I usually just tell people I like Kraft Cheese slices to get the same effect.

My hand was frantically mashing for the 'ban' button before I remembered that I'm not a mod.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Caffiene and nicotine are definitely intended as insecticides.

Capsaicin IIRC is intended to stop mammals (like us).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Yeah our teeth crush the seeds that capsicums wish to spread.

Birds don’t crush the seeds and are insensitive to capsaicin.

The one known mammalian exception is a shrew that evolved insensitivity so that it could eat relatives of black pepper.

Shrews are weird.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A lot of 'chipotle' is just regular chilli with caramel colour and smoke flavoring.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

honda whisperer posted:

Chapter 1

Your generals have probably stolen and sold everything you sent them and then lied about it.

99% sure this was a problem in Sun Tzu's time too.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I remember reading that, and I remember wondering how the hell that happened. Iridium-craving ants?

Supervillain.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is funging an ape animal cruelty?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Anime Liker posted:

Cspam apocalyptic threads are great because it's indistinguishable from a prepper forum except no one is prepping so it's less "someone should call the FBI about these loons" and more "lol these guys are definitely getting cannibalized by one of the lesser marauding warlords"

Maybe you are. I'm gonna get my skull polished and used as a pike ornament.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Anime Liker posted:

My entire life for the last 15 years has been constant stress and watching people bleed out and die in front of me or shoveling dead kids off pavement so I'm pretty sure if I took hallucinogens it wouldn't be fun. I just want my scotch and melatonin gummies and muscle relaxers.

Try some weed with that? The mellow stuff, not the paranoia stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Too creepy for adtrw is honestly impressive in a way I hope to never meet irl

'Too creepy for ADTRW' is literally the origin story for 4chan iirc.