Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Heath posted:

It had constant spats and built a culture of people jumping in there to point at brewing drama so everybody could gawk at/jump in on it. The thread has been terrible for a long time. It usually got goldmined as a matter of course for being a "successful" thread but it is not compatible with a healthy culture, period

i mean, no? this just isn't really true and when PYF had decent moderation the rare instances of that were shut down quickly. when LAB left this place was essentially totally unmoderated for months and that's when the poo poo-stirrers and transphobes came out in force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Alaois posted:

re open the Sagas thread but immediately ban anyone who posts containing the phrase "we've got a developing saga over in [x]"

this but with an addendum that mods should be able to post absolutely mindboggling current poo poo like that guy who had literally never posted before but had some kind of car breakdown while on a foreign trip in the middle of nowhere getting successfully helped almost immediately

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

right, i forgot, if we kept it constrained to older sagas the mods wouldn't be interested

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I'm really glad we moved away from that kind of moderation, I do a surprising amount of my posting on a lovely keyboard I got from Goodwill for 50c that has a really dodgy shift key.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

jesus gently caress that guy's perma is literally sickening

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Wow, I had no idea forum bans were enforced on a technical level now.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Holy poo poo.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Disney's marketing account about to get permabanned from the forums.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I would love to see them play that out in court - a word doesn’t just stop existing because your company stops using it. “Transformers” is extremely descriptive.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yes, we already know that Jeff doesn't take action based on Cyrano's essays

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

rodbeard posted:

I saw that the other day. An 06 with 3 bans and 0 probations.

the best part is another one just went up for sale afterward haha

oh rly posted:

I've had this unopened Ember Tempersture Control Mug I won from work.

A recent thread sold the same one for 49. I'm hoping for 49 shipped after paypal fees.

PayPal or venmo works.

https://imgur.com/a/v6y5j7I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

90s Cringe Rock posted:

It just makes me think of Akira.

Jesus Christ this. I swear the first time I saw an image of it it was even doing the blue spherical explosion thing.