Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Leperflesh posted:

Alright well I guess if we're doubling up on numbers I'll go with 13. If we're not, then nevermind because all the plausible numbers are taken.

Have you heard of the Titanic? You know how the ship has become the most well-known standard for human hubris? Like, you just have to say "the Titanic" and everyone who you say it to understands immediately that you're referring to a historic disaster that was completely avoidable and that happened because of supreme overconfidence collided with incompetence, and the whole affair was salted with a hefty dose of lingering Victorian-values class injustice, what with the rich people getting lifeboats and the poor people getting to drown?

Well, Everest is like if, after the Titanic disaster, thousands of people just kept on making more Titanics and blithely sailing them into a bunch of iceburgs, over and over and over, never adding lifeboats, never changing the design, never learning from the experience, and meanwhile most of their families and friends and co-workers and the media just praised them for their bravery and perseverance and ignored the enormous waste of money, resources, the litter of sunk Titanics accumulating in the north Atlantic, made movies about it, and the governing body, I dunno let's pretend it's NATO, kept charging an exhorbitant fee for Titanic sailing permits because the impoverished people of Greenland need that money pretty badly due to the ongoing injustice of enormous disparities of resources between the rich and poor countries of the world.

And in this extended analogy, the people posting in this threads are the ones standing around at the docs going "hey you stupid fuckers, stop building Titanics, no you idiots don't get on that boat! It's gonna crash into an iceburg maybe, you might die, there's not enough lifeboats!" But people just won't listen, and eventually the crowds just settle down and start making bets on which Titanics are gonna crash and sink and hoping that it's mostly the rich idiots paying for passage that die and not the poor cockney-speaking ignorant bastards manning the engine rooms because the pay from one round trip voyage will feed their extended families for a year.

And you, Faux-rear end Nonsense, are I guess just wandering up to the docks and seeing the jeering crowds and shaking your head in disgust at us, because I guess you're just completely missing the context and thinking that we're the ones with the problem, what with the death pools and the schadenfraude etc.

But no man, it's not us, we're just posting on a forum. Kindly reserve your disdain for the profitable, established industry of "tour guide" companies who take rich people's money in exchange for hoisting them up a deathtrap mountain in order that they can experience a few days of oxygen-deprived delierium and tedious walking through snow at night strapped to a safety line while two or three locals whose economic situation is so dire that $20 a day is worth maybe dying for. Direct your scorn, goon sir, at the conga-line of starry-eyed Westerners who have convinced themselves that walking to the top of this mountain, for $60k to $100k, will add meaning to their lives, give them a sense of accomplishment they can achieve in no other way, earn them the accolades and admiration of their families and peers, and present them with a worthy challenge, none of which they can achieve in their otherwise apparently meaningless lives by doing much less stupid and normal things.

Marvel at the incredible lack of imagination it must take, to come to the conclusion that standing at the top of a big hunk of rock is worth a ~10% chance of death and a small fortune, when instead they could dedicate their efforts and financial resources to accomplishing something perhaps less immediately spectacular to the casual observer, but in the long run far more worthwhile to all of humanity: like, say, joining a NGO and traveling to an impoverished third world country as a volunteer to help build clean sustainable water supplies, or going to school, getting some medical training, and joining Doctors Without Borders to travel to a war zone and save the lives of kids who got their limbs blown off by land mines. You know, the sort of personal challenge that takes years of training and dedication, selflessness, and raw human grit to face, the kind of achievement truly worthy of respect and admiration, an undertaking involving some degree of personal danger, a facing of internal demons, genuine human bravery.

Redirect your sneer, please, for the people who actually deserve it, for needlessly wasting their lives and resources on a completely pointless and meaningless journey that directly endangers not only their own lives, but the lives of the people who they must hire to enable them to accomplish something that, if they actually tried to do on their own, would require decades of accumulated experience that they're simply not willing to go to the trouble of acquiring. Why, after all, should they obtain actual mountain-climbing skills, when they can just pay some very poor foreigners to do all the heavy lifting for them?

Check yourself, oh goon. It is you, and not we, who appears the fool now.

Didn't see this posted yet. It just goes on and on and it's beautiful. From the 2016 Everest thread. The first sentence is referring the death pool for this years Everest attempts. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762301

vv: True, but he makes a few decent points regarding what exactly people are getting out of putting other people in danger to climb a mountain.

Outrail has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

PBS Newshour posted:

I enjoy laughing at the tragedy of things sometimes so I find aspects of the Everest stuff to be funny but it gets weird when people are gleefully looking forward to people dying.

Imagine there's a section of highway that has the most lanes in the world. Like 20 or something. And running across it has a one in 10 chance of being creamed by a truck and requires leaving a bunch of litter on the side of the road and the help of poor locals who also have that chance of death and just want to feed their families. Now there's literally hundreds of rich people who pay $50,000 for the chance to run across the highway, dragging the locals with them. Just so they can say they ran across it.

If you can't see why these highway runners deserve ridicule than you're not capable of understanding the Everest thread.

Also imagine that since the highway has been crossed there's other people deciding to do it blindfolded for some reason.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If the analogies were good there would be nothing to complain about and you'd complain about that instead.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
That was incredible. I can almost taste the bile.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
A nuclear powered elderly mod supervillain. First thing he'll do it try and permaban the entire forums.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
That's the first thing in 54 pages that had me laughing out loud.

Everything in the Welcome to Australia mate thread in Gbs is gold.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bertrand Hustle posted:

A math joke AND a jon pop joke, noice.

Lovecraftian sci-fi in space sounds awesome, though. Is there anything that isn't written by people trying to ape Lovecraft and/or Derleth's style but still has that same theme of unnamable horrors from beyond the stars/secrets man was not meant to know/reality is a thin veneer over a burbling cauldron of incomprehensible madness?

You're describing warhammer 40k

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm the jealous aboriginal giant watching from a distant hilltop.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm calling bullshit. No way is anyone that stupid. Whoops a daisy, I mixed my fetishes up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
It's beautiful.

Also exactly how most breakups go for guys 'oh I'll be crawling in dates when I'm single'.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
For $100 I'd be willing to do an unionized striptease for someone's stupid cat.

Gorilla Salad posted:

China buys all the poo poo we dig up :shrug:

Also, our politicians suck the beefy cock of the mining industry because, even though they only make up about 10% of the economy, they have always had the most effective lobbyists and biggest bribes.

So, when the mining conglomerates say, "China good" our politicians wipe the bauxite flecked semen off their lips and parrot what their masters tell them.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Do you have a link to the Hawaiian fun times thread, or a run down?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Accurate. Although I do miss hellbanning. That poo poo was hilarious.

samesies:hfive:

Hellbanning the entire forum would be a fantastic April fools prank if lowtax did that sort of thing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kenning posted:

I find the idea of reading a post that long frankly absurd.

I almost got through part one and it's a highly recommended wild ride.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Anything that's sad but relatable is funny.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

PBS Newshour posted:

wtf, who ever hears fun outside their windows. i just hear birds and poo poo, never like laser tag or some guys shouting "woo lets have some fun" or any stuff like that.

There's a bar 30m down the street from me, and there's only ever fun happening out there when I'm trying to sleep.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We're just posting for each other's amusement. If you can poke fun at yourself why wouldn't you.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Breetai posted:

Can someone link or quote for me the original retard masturbator post?

Here ya go.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Faux-dirtbag backpacker with multi-million dollar trust fund sneers as he trudges down the terminal with his bulging osprey backpack.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
When I look at the moon sometimes I see a face in it. Basically the moon is a real person.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kenny Logins posted:

From PYF Historical Fun Fact:

Did they transcribe them or not?

http://oglaf.com/booklove/ :nws:

Outrail has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Aug 8, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

You missed the best bit:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sir, please use the term "First Peoples".

Telemaze posted:

I'm a ma'am, not a sir. You're really bad at this, Bloody Hedgehog.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sir, you're getting hysterical.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I don't know where 'pupper' came from but the word makes me irrationally mad for some reason.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm sorry I said anything! Every time I see a macro or post about 'My pupper' or 'That's a good pupper' I'm going to kick a dog. A young dog with hopes and dreams.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Volume posted:

Try to guess the fetish

Dude was a brony or into pegging?

edit: Eh, I was close.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

It's all a product of poor moderation.

Something Awful needs GBS the way society needs kindergartens or mental health asylums.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

RandomFerret posted:

Here, I made one

Can you de-align some of the letters?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Subjunctive posted:

Maybe animate it so the Y falls off.

This is better ignore what I said.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Karate Bastard posted:

Also GBS is back :eng99:

Yes but it will be better this time you see

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tetracube posted:

I just don't feel it's worth it to commit a vast and unpleasant amount of time and effort in the cesspool of GBS in order to personally improve it by a negligible amount :shrug:

Is this a metaphor for voting?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blue Star posted:

making GBS threads is good, sorry that your wrong, buddy. I poo poo almost constantly, using my own poo poo to smear onto my skin and creating a protective coating to shield myself from the numerous insects and parasites that infest the fetid swamp where i make my home. I rarely interact with civilizations and am only rarely spotted by the occassional camper or hunter. Over the years a sort of folk legend has built up around me, I am known as Shitsquatch by those who claim to have seen me. There are many fake photographs and artwork depicting me, but i can assure you they are all wrong as they always fail to capture my jiggling hairy tits and the fine detail of my flaking brown poo poo-crust that covers me head to toe. My diet ensures that my poo poo is of the proper quality: frogs, fish, snakes, waterbugs, possum, snails, worms, and other such things are what I feed upon, fellow denizens of the swamp that i convert into my own poo poo and apply as a steaming brown lotion. In this way i have become one with the swamp, and am a part of it just as the cypresses and palmettos and all the animals and fungi and plants are a part of it. I am Shitsquatch, protecter of the swamp. In desperate times, I subsist on my own boogers. This can sustain me for a time, but not forever. Unfortunately Man has continuously enroached on my homeland and the swamp is being taken over by Man's machinations. Arrogantly he assumes that he owns the swamp, owns the entire earth, even though you cannot own Nature. But in his foolishness he can still cause much damage, even death. Every year my swamp grows smaller as it is consumed and assimilated by humanity, transformed into suburbs, office buildings, gas stations, fast food restaurants, parking lots, shopping centers, and more. I'm not sure how much longer I can survive in such a rapidly dwindling environment. One day I may have to leave my precious swamp, and then, with my hairy tits quaking with every step, my poo poo-armour flaking and cracking, i will come forward and the world will know the wrath of Shitsquatch, no longer the protector of the swamp, but rather, its Avenger!!!

No real context or anything, just poo poo smears outta nowhere.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

alpaca diseases posted:

If it helps lessen the mental picture I thought it simply was a guy who'd wipe his jizz down the side of the mattress every night, and when he moved his bed it was getting eaten away by mold?

But when he washed the sheets... Yeah he never washed the sheets

fake edit: Yeah he never had sheets.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Solice Kirsk posted:

I always thought a nice wine glass sitting on the soap dish would add a touch of class to a shower. So the one time I had shower wine thats how I did it. Same with using a bottle instead of a can for beer.

Not safe man. Smashed glass in your foot before work would suck rear end. And the alcohol would make it bleed worse.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Dr. AA Hazredstein posted:

Oh, my God, I can't handle all these amazing forums quotes you're all posting!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

You can just quote every single one of his posts in that thread.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hogge Wild posted:

that's the main reason why american immigrants go to china

From the sound of most of the stories he's not the one doing the sexual harassing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Imagine building a house so stupid that even it's smilie fails inspection.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

mind the walrus posted:

:gtoot: might work better. Brevity is easier to remember and like gently caress do you want people combing that smilies page when they forget. Incidentally when is that thing getting a makeover for the hot fresh world of 2008?

Yeah, I spend more time trying to find that one drat smilie than I making the post sometimes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

A diamond made from your own poop would make an amazing engagement ring. Call her shitfingers for the entire marriage and she'd never know why/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Powaqoatse posted:

man i hosed it up

mods: can i get the Q changed to a G?

also no caps pls

Or jam a U between the q and the o.