Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There are exceptions- people perma'd as part of a bet (like :toxx:ing for elections) are allowed to rereg with a new name, I thought?

You can toxx for a perma but there’s no reason to. There’s no reason to toxx either, honestly. Trust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hexenritter posted:

:laffo: plus if my experience with older women is any indicator, she'd develop an obsessive streak and write a letter including a picture of her sawing my head off in my sleep because I wouldn't sleep with her, or try to make me jealous by sending me a photo if a fireman she claims she's banging and how she let's him pee down her throat.

Yes, those both happened. No, I don't know why I volunteered that up. Yes, I'm already regretting it.

Try and guess the forum. Go on, try.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ban this sick filth.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hirayuki posted:

Crossposting from the funny pictures thread: There's an awful photo of a newly pregnant woman next to a chalkboard of names, each more hideous than the one before, with all but the last terrible name crossed out; it's shown up on the forums a few times. Someone once responded to it with a post offering suggestions like "Autysm," which was even better than the photo. Does anyone have that at hand, or remember another one of the names for searching (since "Autysm" gets no joy)?

I think the others were variations on ‘miscarriage’ and ‘abortion.’

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Bobby Digital posted:

I only like them when they get “jekrs” correct, so I like that one.

I always check to make sure the last few letters are lowercase. It’s critical to me that they are. Never noticed the JEKRS before though.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

fruit on the bottom posted:

Arguably more historically accurate

I’ve seen this cartoon. It’s a nightmare he’s having. The duck is not a Nazi.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Krankenstyle posted:

yea but why the boating knot puns though

I envy your ignorance.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Olaf The Stout posted:

As a native american, that first sentence sure put me in a bad mood.

Also it already happened.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt..._off_by_an.html

"It’s estimated as many as nine out of 10 coastal Indians were killed in the epidemic between 1616 and 1619."

That’s post-Columbian.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Don't kill Hitler, don't make him a better artist, just negotiate the Treaty of Versailles to be less lovely to Germany. If you don't ruin the economy, he won't be so desperate after the war to wind up falling in with the NSDAP. Then maybe he just moves to America and becomes a scifi artist :v:

Nah, take over the French military and have them march all the way to Berlin, chasing the shattered remnants of the German army all the way. That way the stabbed in the back myth never takes off and the Germans know they got their rear end kicked.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Somfin posted:

Gettin' dangerously close to chili talk there

God I just tried to go over the list of things goons will start a civil war over and it’s just such a long list.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Gatekeeper posted:

one of my friends just sent me another slam poem i wrote and performed at open mic night in a whiskey/klonopin blackout, i wrote it out on a napkin at the bar and somehow the napkin ended up in her closet where she discovered it today, four years later:

edit: sorry, this was off topic threadwise but we have no "pyf slam poems you wrote whilst in a blackout" thread for some inconceivable reason

Honestly better than most poetry I read in school.

Edit: Is there a goon poetry thing in the writing forum?

VanSandman has a new favorite as of 03:00 on Jun 16, 2018

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Facebook Aunt posted:

I know what you mean. I was watching DS9 recently and was very uncomfortable with Lwaxana Troi sexually harassing Odo. On the enterprise she was the councillor's mom so it wasn't quite as bad, but in the DS9 episode she's specifically there in her role as a top federation diplomat touring the station. She won't take a polite no for an answer, and he can't be rude because her official report could affect his position as security chief.

#Istandwithodo #metoo

Odo is a fascist, and Lwaxana as a mindreader recognized that, and harassed him according to his sins.

#justiceforbajor

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm not going to agree with you about somebody deserving harassment but Odo is definitely a fascist.

I was being extremely tongue-in-cheek about everything but Odo’s fascism.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Breetai posted:

Does anybody have the movie pitch idea about the stoners in the Vatican?

gently caress it was good. Called ‘The Most High’ I think.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Goddamn that dude is gross.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I know that place, they've got something like 6 million records.

They've got another 6 million in the back, but you don't hear as much about it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sagebrush posted:

maybe don't go around inferring people's ethnic groups in general. i dunno,

On the other hand, stabbing somebody because they implied I'm Spanish is CLEARLY the action of a diseased mind.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

yea

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Arivia posted:

The difference between what is morally right and what is legally right got LF shut down.

LF got shut down because they couldn't stop planning to kill to the President.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

RCarr posted:

As someone who knows nothing about the game they all come off as extremely made up.

Fair. However every single system described is still in the game, with the exception of poo, which was removed because every round would devolve into a shitsmeared frenzy.
All those systems were built over time, seriously a decade of development by fan-developers having an idea and implementing it, so the complexity of the game is ENORMOUS.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

cock hero flux posted:

i've changed my mind, unban BoTL, he is doing god's work

Banish him to only post in Cinema Discusso until it's destroyed, then ban him forever.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Does anyone have the old air force intel marriage quote handy? I checked the first few pages and couldn't find it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My guess was actually right. Albeit it's pretty much a wildcard.

Haha I always guess it too, and I'm right about a third of the time.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Karate Bastard posted:

I mean thanks? I guess?

Why are you people clicking through the gas chamber again?

Occasionally you find gold like that one.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I like the one that's a play off the Aeneid more.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ice is a professional writer making a Shadowrun Novel series here on the forums.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Subjunctive posted:

Oh please link this.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835049

Have fun there's lots to read before you catch up.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I present this brief but delightful SA Mart thread (plus free bump for OP)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894373

It's so perfect.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kung Food posted:

I had to stop and think for a moment before posting about whether or not the big titty pixie girl from the G-rated movie for children should get a NSWF tag or not.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I mean dynamite was originally a mining tool before people realized it could blow the poo poo out of your enemies just as easily, it doesn't surprise me we tried it in reverse once.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

sebmojo posted:

We have been getting 200 new registrations a month for the last year, way down from peak but healthy enough imo

What? Where are they posting?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Lobok posted:

Gayngsters

This is what JoJo part 5 is about

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

dreamin of semen posted:

lol, bingo and there's thankfully more, though I can't find the original posts

holy loving god

Jesus these are amazing.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pastry of the Year posted:

first poster that wants a YOU DIED 6-hour, quote this stupid post

I haven't ate a sixer in a while.

Oh my god it's been years. I'm boring.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pirate Radar posted:

I think she’s just dumbing it down for him, but yes, other species do it too. There was a study from MIT that looked at this sort of by accident, because what it was originally focused on was roadkill. Somebody noticed that crows were getting hit by trucks on the Mass Turnpike at higher rates than you’d expect, so they did some field study to figure out why. It had to do with pattern recognition and murder behavior (murder of crows, I mean), and how they set “watchcrows” to warn the group of danger while they fed on other roadkill. Crows can definitely tell the difference between trucks and cars, and it turned out that trucks were more dangerous because none of the Boston watchcrows could say “TRUCK!” but of course they could all say “CAH, CAH, CAH”

loving legendary

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

rodbeard posted:

Is there a place to read the allegations that isn't a typical unreadable GBS thread?

The front page.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Phy posted:

You must have watched too many David Attenborough documentaries. Man has zero respect for crabs.

Somebody has the quote right? I always hear it in Herzog's voice.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
God I wish I could work up the energy to post a screed like that.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I propose that, if this forum wasn't once willing to throw down and have holy wars over the definition of a sandwich, it would not be the chill place it is today.

Pictured: Heretical texts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
On the subject of discrimination towards heavier members of society:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i remember when we used to be counted as 5/3rds of a regular person