Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want to die that way, today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like when he drive-by posts and drops a huge wall of creative nonsense into a thread for everyone to deal with but he has a habit of getting bogged down in earnestly boring arguments about it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

50FA and Adaptive Systems are two story goons that I will never understand the love for, but at least every time I see the Adaptive Systems nonsense story about farting angels stealing boats from time because war is bad, it gives me a laugh

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Paladinus posted:

GBS is actually pretty good. There are fun and creative threads, and just funny nonsense. I wouldn't say anything has changed, but it's just my perception. And this was my hot take.
it's better than PYF but it has a problem in that it's where terminally unfunny ppl go to audition to be funny

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Samovar posted:

Isn't that the case with everyone on S.A.?
It is not. Please don't be disrespectful to SA.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna poo poo on the floor

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is that the same guy that would rub the "water" out of the cyst at the top of his rear end and smear it on his bed frame every morning and there were obvious stains on the headboard from where he did that?
treat me like the headboard

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's loving huvvl. What idiot bastard strain of English are you nutters speaking

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm also so smart about movies that I can only compare events to Star Wars.
well, it could be worse, you could be an actual pundit.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Actually, the cast are all people of colour.

Which is why white Americans like it so much, I guess.
yeah they cast black people to play the racist slave owners and they skim all the slavery stuff lol

evolved FYAD guy Lowenaffchen wrote a good piece on it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

this author is incapable of telling the difference between irony and sincerity, which is neat
I'm sincere in my irony.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elise the great posted:

but I (and many other healthcare goons) have jammed things into dicks and had blood come out of said dicks and kinda shrugged and wiped it off the thing I jammed in there and made a mental note to squirt some lidocaine up in there later if he starts getting feisty
same, but not in healthcare

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna deep fry a haggis and sit my filthy uncircumcised scottish cock next to it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im going to jam chopsticks into all your eyeballs so you can't post any more

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

graybook posted:

The Brew Dog guys actually did a thing where they went to San Francisco and made a beer that they served in vapor form so there's precedent for this actually

God I hate them so much

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's a great username though. Is he a man so sad he calls himself Bum? Does he want to have bumsex with the depressed? We just don't know

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Sometimes I think jobs should be shook up a little every few years. Helps people from getting too jaded. Good job being a nurse for four years, you're now a spot welder. Spot welder, you're now in web design. See? It all gets better!
Aristotle had this idea

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hate huge posts but joshdig is incredible and I read it and laugh myself to tears at least once a year after having skipped it the first time, please read it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

enforce a 140 character limit on posts

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shark Sandwich posted:

On Day Five of being waterboarded in a shed in Missouri FAU mutters to himself, "it was just a GIF..."
It was only a gif
How did it end up like this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

under the spreadable beefsmas tree
i sold you and you sold beef

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lovecraft was scared of penguins and corners, imagine how terrified he was when he first heard about the savage negro

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my favourite Lovecraft passage will always be his character going full niggerstomper58 upon seeing a sleeping black man in public

quote:

The match had been between Kid O'Brien -- a lubberly and now quaking youth with a most un-Hibernian hooked nose -- and Buck Robinson, "The Harlem Smoke." The negro had been knocked out, and a moment's examination shewed us that he would permanently remain so. He was a loathsome, gorilla-like thing, with abnormally long arms which I could not help calling fore legs, and a face that conjured up thoughts of unspeakable Congo secrets and tom-tom poundings under an eerie moon.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He was way more elaborate race theory racist than HPL, so I doubt it.

It would be interesting to read a good book researching racism among pulp writers, or even just in HPL's circle.
nope, it's true

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

albino negroes look like white people from a distance so it's important that albinism is wiped out to prevent stealth miscegenation

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

"Bigly"...... Drumpf is loving done for :mrgw:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I think his girlfriend regularly responding to things like "How's your day going?" with "Gay." is more childish.

e: like his girlfriend is either a highschool student or a gbs poster
yeah with people like that you get dragged down to their level whether you want to or not

bin the girlfriend and put the saved money towards a loan for a second Switch controller

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

love to crack open a cold one after work w the boys

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Probably!

Henry Joseph Darger, Jr. (/ˈdɑːrdʒər/; c. April 12, 1892 – April 13, 1973) was a reclusive American writer and artist who worked as a hospital custodian in Chicago, Illinois.[1] He has become famous for his posthumously discovered 15,145-page, single-spaced fantasy manuscript called The Story of the Vivian Girls, in What is Known as the Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinian War Storm, Caused by the Child Slave Rebellion, along with several hundred drawings and watercolor paintings illustrating the story.

In 1968, Darger became interested in tracing some of his frustrations back to his childhood and began writing The History of My Life. Spanning eight volumes, the book only spends 206 pages detailing Darger's early life before veering off into 4,672 pages of fiction about a huge twister called "Sweetie Pie," probably based on memories of a tornado he had witnessed in 1908.
this guy owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Placeholder posted:

I believe it's established that the One Ring changes its size to accomodate its bearer.
My rear end does that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

purple death ray posted:

What the gently caress is greytiding
in Space Station 13 the Staff Assistants wear grey suits. For some reason people think there should be no rules and Staff Assistants should be able to cause complete murderous chaos every round and get really mad when they get in trouble for this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

sounds like greytiding is some high-quality old-school goonery, good for them

goons who get together to play games correctly by the rules still weird me out
it's fun once in a while but it's kind of boring when every round ends up that way. bear in mind this is a 2D game with hour-long rounds that rides on paranoia, suspicion and constantly infuriating everyone around you

The goon serves are really, really lax on rules anyway, it's like the forum rule of "being an rear end in a top hat is fine as long as you're entertaining", the people who get in trouble/complain are always the deeply unfunny annoying ones

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

hay guyz what is goin on in this thraed
im sucking dick again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This city is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "it's Granos!"... and I'll look down and call the police.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

I honestly can't decide if r/relationships is the worst thread, or the best thread. It's just so constantly a shitshow and certain posters are so predictable. The derails are far far longer than any of the content from reddit. But I can't look away
mock threads get like that, it's unfortunate but the content of this one is consistently hilarious and thanks to the subject matter the predictable posters are always blundering into making terrible confessions about their hosed up lives so that stays funny too. It's not like the old tvtyropes mock threads which eventually degenerate into earnest discussion of why liking turn-based RPGs is inherently racist

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

System Metternich posted:

I tried to come up with a reasoning behind that, but to no avail. Do you have an explanation or a link?
it's archived but as far as I can tell they were playing Chinese whispers starting with "RPGCodex and No Mutants Allowed are bad places" and that was the eventual conclusion. These threads eventually eat their own and it was a dark time for the forums

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the holodealmore

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i thought of another good hitler one: the night of the low prices

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ive got me pubes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry