Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kenning posted:

Luckily it's definitely STDH.

If that's who I think it is its a GiP poster would say "Hey, I'm gonna make up a really batshit insane story and post in GiP and lets wait until GBS/D&D picks it up context free and spends 10 pages screaming about soldiers being baby rapists. Literally the entire thread was "let's make fake rear end in a top hat stories and see who believes them"

There was another one where he talked about how he's got a Kim Kardashian like rear end, and when his navy ship got a bunch of books him and the crew got drunk and used his buttcheeks to clench the books and rip them in half. Way too many people also took that seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FlyinPingu posted:

things goons get really aggressively weird and antagonistic towards and will have multiple page long shouting matches about : dogs, food, states where you don't pump your own gas, fat people, webcomics, tumblr/reddit, probably a lot of other stuff
also

tiping
condos
star citizen
ron paul

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Safety Meetings posted:

anybody have that quote that is describing the experience of playing a certain game?

It's like "imagine you hook up with your highschool crush, but then she gains a little wait and starts blowing other dudes" or something like that

I'm almost 100% certain it was referring to an mmo.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Roro posted:

Aren't these from the 12yo sounding/inflation thread? That thing is full of quality quotes.

That thread took a weird turn when people started semi-defending sexual deviance like sounding and other people pointed out "Not the issue, this kid gave himself sepsis of the dick 2x because he wouldn't stop shoving dirty things up there, he can't be allowed to continue"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HoAssHo posted:

She came back for a while after her initial ban to tell us that she had gestational diabetes lmao

edit: oh and to the shock of no one, the baby was premature or there was something wrong with it, I don't remember exactly.

The baby was hosed because of the gestational diabetes. One of the early posts in the thread even pointed out "As you describe, you are at a tremendous risk for gestational diabetes, and that will cause problems that your child will suffer from for their entire life" and that poster quoted themselves months later with a massive "I loving told you you disgusting waste of humanity"

The Bluestory response was "Quit being mean to me and offer some actual help. If you won't help me turn back the clock on 9 months of horrible mistakes then you're being mean should leave this thread"

Helpful person posted:

I considered both during my pregnancy, which was unplanned and occurred while I was taking medication that's really best not taken during pregnancy, a moderate smoker, and the worst, most pickiest eater on the planet. I had to go far, far, far outside my comfort zone to quit smoking cold, taper down the medication as fast as possible, and change my diet and my exercise habits. I used my ability to change during my pregnancy as a way to measure if I should adopt out. If you're at 32 weeks and nothing's changed, you should strongly consider it. You should also stop drinking two cans of soda a day because it makes you feel lovely, believe it or not. Nevermind the potential for gestational diabetes. If you still need a flavor-overload because you're used to things with so much base flavor you find non-salty, non-super-sugared food bland, get those little squeezy things of flavor for water. There are ones without artificial sweeteners. I used those and lemonade with the recommended amount of sugar to get water into myself for the first few months of pregnancy, then it was summer and I could taste things again and water was delicious.

4 months later

Bluestory posted:

Hi! Dropping in to mention that it is great that this thread is in GWS now, as I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes last week. Which means that I can't eat the vast majority of fast food and froofy sandwiches anymore. No more juice, no more massive amounts of apples, no more massive amounts of bread and pasta products. No more potatoes or rice. Any lazy low-carb recipes are appreciated! By low carb I mean based on my blood sugar measurements last week I need to be under 40 carbs per meal to keep my glucose level below 120 an hour after eating, which is what the nurse instructed. I'm already eating roasted brussel sprouts and mushrooms for dinner.

There have been other non-food updates but I suppose I should save those for more appropriate forums?

pentyne has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Jul 4, 2016

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Printed in 2003, pretty much completely 100% explains the rise of bronies in the terms of weird as gently caress social outcasts who completely adapt to a subculture that was conceived and designed for the same 4-12 female audience that it had been for the previous 7 iterations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

This gimmick is almost an entire generation old.

It's cumshitter, cumshitter is the ur-zoomer.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Telsa Cola posted:

Fart fanfiction is eh on these here forums but lol why the gently caress did they post/even think of the underage poo poo.

Something something anime fans.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

You taste your farts often?

He didn't say his own.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Outrail posted:

Does anyone have the post with an analogy about a chess player that describes his irrational bad faith arguments, culminating in a new player coming in and wondering why everyone is being a dick to the player?

I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I can't find it.

e: Found it

e: VV god damnit. Thanks anyway!

Wasn't that referring to a particular notorious poster?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nurge posted:

It's literally in the loving DSM. Your personal feelings don't come into it.

e: I'm not gonna post any more on this topic but I just want to note how funny it is that the ex-admin partially responsible for exactly what I talked about has opinions that are just as loving warped as I expected. As well as the peanut gallery. Good going.

I don't know if you saw the last time a thread was posted about it.

There was a fair bit of discourse including one SA member who outright said they were a non-offending pedophile. The entire thing was gassed, people banned and maybe perma'd, and the mods/admins clearly said "have this discussion somewhere else we don't want to associated with this"

Go somewhere else.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

The worst gender reveal was in Dallas on November 22nd, 1963.

Pink mist was revealed.

But at great cost.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

Michelangelo participated in a genocide! :wth:

#justa90sthing

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

This isn't the new Everest thread.

Tashilicious posted:

but the everest threads were certainly a saga

Paladinus posted:

A weird hill to die on.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

It took twenty years but we finally have someone who is both willing and able to code

to be fair radium was more then willing to code, he just needed to use slurs as part of his workflow.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Moo the cow posted:

That's it, plus the announcement.

Really, really weird vibes coming off this

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cumshitter posted:

Every morning I wake up and open palm slap my wife.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Simpsons Meme thread puts out content even better than classic GBS photoshop threads

It's a saga from beginning to end as the posters become one with the memes.

No seriously, some goon decided to try and put down all the memes by saying they weren't funny and all it did was combine Simpsons images with jokes for combinatory value.

Now combinatory value is a common recurring joke in the memes. This was like months ago.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The LOGH thread is almost 16 years old

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1278668

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I may or may not have a personal stake in ripping on hentai anime games since my brother in law spends all day jerking off to them and he's sleeping in my caravan while he does it.

(check the thread for more)

GotLag posted:

Loss of taste is a symptom of COVID

pentyne has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Jan 4, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Gina begoneo lmao

you have to flick your wrist as you say it or it doesn't take effect

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

gentle pete posted:

I know it seems like a callous thing to say, but you're not responsible for her behaviour. You should read this - I found it really helpful when I was in a similar situationNear constant flatulence that has a smell so powerful to me that I risk cumming on particularly strong farts. In addition I can't hold them back for more than 10 minutes at most; if I try then it'll practically explode out my rear end, soil my pants a bit, and of course make me cream them like I was edging for a whole day.

The thing is, it becomes oddly easier to hold it if I somehow manage to keep them contained past that threshold point (I.e. industrial butt plugs) but if they're held in for over an hour I can't fart for a week. Instead, my cock farts instead of cumming (but the cum is still built up in my balls) and my body odor becomes my farts. My breath is of course foul to everyone but me. The result is if I hold it in too long, I become a perpetually aroused, sporadically ejaculating filth hound.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

TinTower posted:

Did you mean: the entire British public sector since Friday afternoon?

https://twitter.com/carseatarmrest/status/1381336765659803651?s=21

Bobby Digital posted:

Removing the colo(u)rs is what he would have wanted :unsmith:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Wait PYF really goes back to 2005? Holy gently caress I really do still think of it as the "New Kid." What the gently caress...

PYF 2005 just from the thread titles is like a time capsule of internet culture,

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Anyone who thinks C-SPAM is nothing but scary or insane should read what happened in the weather thread when I asked what I believed was a harmless question about the use of tarps in snowstorms. It started with this post:

Click through for lots of words about tarps

for all the jokes in reality cspam is 90% people posting their genuine frustration and anger at a poo poo world and 10% genuine loonies who's beliefs and convictions fall apart at the slightest inconvenience. The 10% probably account for at minimum 50% of the posts in the high profile threads though.

LionArcher posted:

because the system that led us to this point and that worldview is going to kill off most of the life on this planet in the next 100 years, and this was our first and best chance to actually think about do things differently. (not enough to stop the killing off part, but at least make this twilight period not so unbearably dumb) For a little bit, we were and some still are. Hence tons of folks quitting jobs. Hence Bitcoin (but also part of the problem), and so on. That being said, I care what others do because they continue to make things worse by returning to normal, and or kill people while pretending it wasn't their fault. If everyone would just wear loving masks and get an easy rear end jab, I actually could actually get laid again safely for instance. Like, everyone bitches about missing social stuff, and then does a bunch of unsafe stuff, and keeps it going. Well guess what? So do loving I! but I don't go out like a jackass and keep this poo poo going.

I mean poo poo, even the people who do wear masks are doing it wrong 90% of the time. Almost nobody I see who has masks on are wearing good masks, or bad masks properly even. It's better than nothing but like, the messaging has been truly awful.

LionArcher posted:

I was at Disneyland today from 8:30 AM until 9:30 PM. This was not my planning. But needless to say I was not happy about this. To answer the original poster who tried to act like I was an rear end in a top hat about this. No, I was not there with kids that were not vaccinated. I was with three teens who are related to me and a friend, Who are all vaccinated, and a family member also vaccinated. I was double masked with an N 95 and a cloth mask over and glasses the entire time. My niece was double masked as well and is getting a Covid test anyways before she can go to a church thing this weekend. we ate outside of the park twice, once indoors (not crowded lunch) once outdoors. Aside from that, I only took sips of water away from everybody over water with a personal fan blowing the air around in the park, and masks on the rest of the time. I walked over 15 miles. It was exhausting, I regret doing it, and this thing is going to be everywhere. Nobody cares, nobody really knows, I heard a lot of people talking very smugly as they tore their masks off between rides about being fully vaccinated.

I asked way earlier in the thread about going to a Dodgers game tomorrow, and I know now that I can easily go three hours without using the bathroom or eating at a game, but I sure as hell don’t see the point. Also, the Disneyland merch has gotten incredibly cheap feeling. I went in there ready to spend stupid money on things like the light saber, and all of it feels like cheap China crap. Even the coffee mugs that used to be unique and awesome I have gone downhill and smaller in size.

i’m not complaining about being at Disneyland. It was stupid circumstances that ended up with me there. and privilege and blah blah blah. I’m more bummed that I have to cancel on seeing my friends in September at a dance festival, and the fact that the wrong number will go up from here on out. The number of dead and hospitalized.

Society was built and trains us to be more selfish as a virtue. of course this virus was going to spread like wild fire and keep coming back. I pondered this in a lot of other things during the day. I pondered my silly probe. There’s a strong argument to be made that me even co towing to family pressure and being there at all was me being a selfish rear end in a top hat. I did everything right for 18 months and it feels useless. was it exhaustion and a mistake that made me feel like I was an idiot at the park today? probably.

but looking around the park today I know number is going to go up bigly, and this society is going to collapse faster and faster over the next 10-15 years.

as we were eating pizza outside for dinner a homeless man ran down the street yelling and someone asked why homeless has gotten worse. I started to think of a good answer for a very Privileged teen who because of their lovely church didn’t believe masks worked 6 months ago, and before I could respond someone else said because California makes it too easy for them.

at that point, I finished my slice, said nothing and put my mask back on and joker smiled.

for every covidiot freaking out over frozen viral exhalations on their ice cream from a infected factory worker there's a dozen+ people who are dealing with jobs that demand they come in and have no masks/vaccination polices enforced.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The guy angry about yerba matte reminded me of another QCS post that generated some furious back and forth before it dissolved under the slightest of scrutiny

Ohtsam posted:

So I just got to spend the better part of the last 4 hours with a massive migraine that is only now just subsiding thanks to a gigantic strobing gif that got posted in c-spam.
Can we make posting strobing gifs and videos that rapidly swap between multiple colors a ban+30 offense for the first time and permabannable the second?
It can cause explicit physical harm starting with migraines going up to seizures and eventually including death in those who are photosensitive as well as open the forums as well as posters themselves to legal liability for displaying the images in question if they remain after a requested takedown.

qnqnx posted:

Have you considered that it was politics itself what gave you the migraine?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

So I’m gonna be honest, I’m a little offended, I know actual clowns IRL, like personal friends who I drink with and smoke bud with. Who have a passion for being a clown, and actually have like registration numbers, and I think eggs but I never really asked because who wants to talk about work all the time?

It’s not just that being a clown is funny, but it’s timed and more importantly it’s consensual. My friends don’t try to run around throwing pies in the streets to get random laughs from strangers, because that’s just creepy and weird. There’s a social contract. Not only that, they have actual routines, they spend time learning and crafting something. Really creating a comedy act. Not all clowns are wearing makeup, but every clown is self-evident, and doesn’t have to announce themselves. Like there’s clowns on social media that talk about how sad they are that people are scared of clowns because they broke that social contract. There’s a whole clown community, and they have beefs and poo poo with scary clowns and funny clowns getting in like actual fights.

You’re literally doing a disservice to actual clowns.

Back to the self evidence thing, you can enter a room at any point, and immediately know who the “clown” is. You’re at a party? You’ll recognize them immediately, they won’t walk up and say “Hi I’m the funniest person in the room, honk honk you wanna see my penis?” They’ll just be charismatic and funny. You watch abbot and costello, you know who the clown is in the performance, even though they’re both acting together, one is recognizable as the clown, and the other the person in line.

Clowns don’t just get pissed on, they also play a part in a team effort. Being sad and pathetic is not what makes a clown funny, and it’s hosed up that you’re taking a job that is important and done because they legitimately want to make people happy and reducing them to your level of pity party.

Begging for negative attention doesn’t make you a clown. In fact if you don’t self reflect and learn about social interactions you’ll never manage to be a clown.

Paggliacci literally begins with a clown coming on stage and saying that he feels pity and sorrow just like any other person. You’re not supposed to laugh at this, you’re not supposed to be like “Hah what a stupid loving loser, I can’t wait to be a loser just like him.” When you find out that Paggliacci is a deeply jealous man who has pushed his wife away and ends the first act crying alone, you’re not supposed too be laughing at him. It’s the intense sorrow of a broken man who has realized that he will never be able to function normally in his relationship.

Trying to be a clown when he’s a deeply profoundly sad and pathetic person is what ultimately breaks him, and when he has to act out his insecurities in real life he suddenly kills his wife and his wife’s lover. You’re not supposed to aspire to be Paggliacci.

Your misunderstanding of a play is like your posting, it’s trite and insulting. Everyone sees through it, and it’s going to end with you realizing how broken you are.
Do not call yourself a clown. Clown’s are worthy of respect.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

From this thread

quote:

That's my sexual agenda. I will no doubt have sex with my wife in between tonight and tomorrow because it makes it seem really dirty to have sex with three woman in a 24 hour period and it's one of those steam achievements. Also they all know about all of this too and so everyone is consenting and happy to be on the polysex train.

Perhaps you mate should put a few minutes in with the ladies and self improvement and get a slice of action rather than your pathetic attempt at raining on my parade, which in the analogy is more like squirting the tv with a water gun

Classic advice from the reddit gbs thread "everyone is this story is 100 lbs heavier then you are imagining"

pentyne has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Apr 12, 2022

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno, I can imagine some pretty heavy people

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3520914&userid=91217&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post417803256

quote:

Babies grow up and that's okay, it's like, sometimes a great meal is worth a lot of prep, for example. Horses only get more likely to die from a stupid reason as they get older. Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of ants and died

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cock hero flux posted:

we've spent trillions of dollars on this super advanced fighter jet which is miles ahead of every other plane ever built in every single way except that bit where they fly and don't slam straight into the ground and explode

like we upgraded every possible feature but we forgot the one for "flight"

the whole series of their posts in that thread are great if you want a brutal takedown of military-industrial spending

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
12 normal-ish minecraft posts then suddenly
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383735&userid=133514#post392676833

quote:

Thanks to NOW, I now have a glass-block chamber full of about twenty fairies. Since I literally wrote the book on how to torment fairies, I've been performing various experiments on them. But, alas, I have more of them than experiments given Minecraft's limited toolset in that area, so I'm open to suggestions on what to do with the survivors, ahem, remainder.

I can say that they despawn when out-of-sight unless given a headband of flowers, stay spawned if headbanded as long as you stay within the 81-block mob management radius of Minrcraft, and make a lot of very annoying noises when in close proximity. Also, setting the queen on fire and letting her die that way makes it far easier to capture her flock of groupies.

Finally, I found that replacing fairies' pain and death sounds with actual scream sounds makes for a far creepier experience when, say, setting them on fire with a flint and steel. (If anyone wants those I might bundle 'em for download.)

I've head tell that some consider me heartless. Not sure where they get that idea... :D

quote:

Never would've pegged SA as prudish on literature. Oh well.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Philippe posted:

From a mod perspective, having a sagas thread that doesn't instantly devolve into horrible garbage and helldumping in search of "drama" takes a lot more effort than we're able to give. I'm not saying there'll never be a sagas thread, but not right now.

Except it was only ever like 1-2 people who went on a threadshitting tear because the pyf mods checked out of watching their forum for 2-3 days at a time.

Somehow the thread able to last ~7 years and get goldmined 2-3 times got to be "too much" when completely unmoderated, shocker.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Stop trying to gatekeep clownness, its not up to you to decide who is clown enough.

You're doing a disservice to actual clowns.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The aughities and early '10s in GBS was what they make fun of reddit and tumblr now.

Tons of insane stdh.txt and totally cringe poo poo that people went nuts for and got super hype.

Probably one of the ur-examples

A thread full of people falling over themselves to praise a gimmick pirate rapper as the best hip hop they've ever heard.
Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew - From the Seas to the Streets

quote:

The really sad thing is that I can relate to pirates better than I can to real rappers. "Struggles" or not, I don't care much for music about conspicuous consumption, irresponsible drug use, extreme car modifications, and shooting cops.

Somehow, I think claiming you have more in common with 16th century Barbary pirates then with inner city black people is far more of a self-burn then you ever imagined.

The thread is so full of amazing quotes including quite a few people who go "well, I don't like 'rap' music but I gave this a try and you all are wordsmith geniuses, amazing"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The critics in that thread were dealing with multiple people, in 2009, honestly posting the same borderline racist dismissals of rap that my parents were yelling at me in the early 90s.

Rap and Hip Hop by 2009 had already solidified itself as serious music worthy of academic study no less valid then jazz or rock.

To see people praising a bunch of white boys playing as pirates and co-opting the language of hip hop "flintlock glock" etc. and then casually dismiss the entire field of music would infuriate anyone with even a passing interest in the music.

If anything they couldn't go nearly as hard as the thread deserved or they'd eat bans for 'threadshitting'

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

tbh if they had have just said "yeah we're a gimmicky comedy pirate rap act" that would have been fine but apparently they were deadly serious? and then someone in that thread recorded a diss track and instead of just recording one sentence that just said "who the gently caress records a diss track towards a lovely pirate rap act" they went all in on a reply, and oof

No, they were amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtUQNxp02mE

"I know you got into this game to pull skirts, but 99% of your fans got wolf shirts" is a loving banger of a line and better then 4 albums full of things like "Chests O' Plenty"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was a photo of the shooter's apartment having a bigass Yakub picture hanging on the wall.

And a massive social media that would best be described as "loving terrifying" if you were on of his hated targets, ie black women, homeless people, immigrants as well I think, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Inco posted:

I've been working out! It's just difficult to quantify the boot camp because I lose track of the reps. I got back from the gym not too long ago, but my modem's fried and I'm not too fond of phone posting. But, if I must...

Tuesday and Thursday was boot camp. Technically, I'm done all the classes I've paid for, but the trainer's invited me back for the make up sessions that the other people missed. I'll be taking advantage of that, of course.

Weigh-in (04/12/13): 204 lbs

10min elliptical

Squat
5x80
5x90
5x100
5x110
5x120

DB Bench Press
5x40
5x45
5x50