Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I really like this "sparkling" joke format. There's been a few, and they've all been gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Phy posted:

More like p-zombie-latystemon

drat YOU for making me attempt to pronouncd this

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Inceltown posted:

She erupts alright :wmwink:

Volcanoes make lightning??

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Triarii posted:

That's not the best comparison because Calvinball's rules are made up as you go along. English is more like ten different people came up with their own sports and are now trying to play a match with each other on the same field.

Yes but the field is Britain and the players are muscular men with swords and the game lasts for a thousand years.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Google tells me "emu" comes from the Portuguese word for "ostrich." This is deeply upsetting. It's as bad as working out that "Nullarbor" is actually Latin and "echidna" is greek.
Probably "kangaroo" will turn out to be French-Canadian or something next.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Trevor Hale posted:

Josh’s failure was in not deploying a well-timed “he who smelt it, dealt it”

Ah, but is it not also said that "he who said the rhyme, did the crime"?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Solice Kirsk posted:

She was a pirate?

I do hope you're not suggesting the British would ever arrive by sea to despoil others of their wealth, sir

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Platystemon posted:

SMH at this illiterate greek that doesn’t speak the Lᴏʀᴅ’s tongue and doesn’t know that Anno Domini precedes the year.

Adding to his sins, he used the heretical numerals of the Arabs.

What's the name for those small capitals there? The LORD ones?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"It's a hundred virbons to the Wall! We should make it within three or four f'turrbs."

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean obviously Batman wouldn’t go down on a woman because Batman is incredibly asexual. Bruce Wayne might in theory but I could easily buy that he’s a selfish lover.

I don't know what to do with this information,

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Jeza posted:

wake me up when they make a Johnny the Homicidal Maniac mini-series so I can disabuse myself of early teenage memories of how :krad: it was

About once a day I remember something I said or did or liked when I was 14, and have to yell "bwwoaahh" to suppress the memory

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The Lone Badger posted:

Caffiene and nicotine are definitely intended as insecticides.

Capsaicin IIRC is intended to stop mammals (like us).

I love these tales of plants deploying last-ditch chemical defences, that end being propagated in the billions across the whole planet.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I love how absolutely any topic can be mentioned on these forums, and within a few minutes, calm authoritative goons will emerge to provide a helpful summary.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Zil posted:

Was that someones username at one point or just a random variable in the code?

I'm sure I remember a user called constant hamprince.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dareon posted:

Early science when it was still called natural philosophy was a wild time.

Like "vivisect a dog and hand-pump its lungs to see how long it can stay alive and scream" wild. :ohdear:

I was happily browsing a big book of two-or-three-page excerpts from various bits of renaissance literature, and then I came across a description of that experiment, and then I put the book away forever. Nope nopity nope nope

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Outrail posted:

$51,000 for the privilege of being tranqued by a NASA black ops team and wake up in Argentina.

Just like Hitler. Open your eyes, sheeple

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Chamale posted:

That's not exactly how conservation of energy works. There's some fat in chicken bones that you could burn for energy, which comes from the food the chicken eats. But it's a small percentage of the bone, so it's more economical to turn the bones into fertilizer.

The British discovered that penguins are high enough in fat that they can be used to fuel coal-powered steam engines.

What could be more British Empire than methodically setting fire to the cutest creatures you can think of until discovering one species with industrial utility

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hey dudes what's your favourite novelty font?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Seperate images for "selah." This is the work of a scholar.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Platystemon posted:

They should have just used the same name for genus and species.

You know, like, Gorilla gorilla (which has a subspecies of, you guessed it, “gorilla”).

Botanists have a rule against homonyms. Zoologists don’t.

So the designation for the western lowland gorilla is also what you'd scream while running away from one

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I remember having this conversation ages ago on the forums for the Civilization game series. A french dude was arguing america had no culture... on an american site about an american game on the american internet in a language that, well, was not les fraincaiseux

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Somewhere, the president of the pedalo fan club is weeping in frustration that no one wants to join the pedalophiles

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

RFC2324 posted:

its a kinda of dinosaur, duh

terror dactyl

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Hygiene posted:

This thread brought to you by Big Melisma

Melismax

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hey, you tell us, Guzzler

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't think I ever won a single one of them. I'm still on that dinosaur island, trapped

At least the dinosaurs are beautifully dressed.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
What you need is a tattoo of a symbol that is radially symmetrical so that it looks right from every angle. Might as well make it a bold geometric design too, to really grab those eyeballs. But something with a complex legacy, so it's meaningful. Give me a moment

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

christmas boots posted:

I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. You're talking about the cool s, aren't you?

I am ALWAYS talkin bout the cool s

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It was inside you, all along!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Absurd Alhazred posted:

To quote dril, drunk driving may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people get to work on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

I appreciate your attention to the canon punctuation

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

minato posted:

Oh, now that I think about it, this happened twice.

The first was just some young guy with his own side hustle that happened to overlap with our Large Corporation's business interests. He got found out after a few days of employment and was shoved out the door. Nothing very interesting.

The second was a contractor who evaluated various services and recommended we go with SomeCorp, without revealing that he was part owner of SomeCorp, and had arranged for SomeCorp's prices to be jacked up for us since he knew we'd probably agree to his recommendation. Once our CEO found out, he went absolutely apeshit and ordered Large Corporation's army of lawyers to go scorched earth on him. I don't know what happened but wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in prison.

Is your company the Australian federal government, and was somecorp Price Waterhouse Coopers?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
This is like yamaha and yamaha all over again.
Or, uh, hitachi and hitachi

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
And all without the so-called "help" of some phoney "god," too

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Generally only one buttock is prehensile.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Ro d b e a r d

e: aw man, you can type 16 spaces but it only displays Iike one

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
So basically haggling over pain relief occurs while there is a drill inside your face...?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Grassy Knowles posted:

I knew someone very physically active who only ate plain beef tacos from Chipotle for too long and got gout. That’s my gout story

Gout, with a side order of scurvy

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Breathtaking

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Son of Rodney posted:

Bats aren't birds!!

Surely you can't argue with the people of New Zealand. Next you'll tell me that kiwis aren't birds either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Inceltown posted:

No they're not. The accents are completely different.

One's like, "where's the car." And the other's like, "where's the car"