Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

entris posted:

Yes, it does all come down to the 4th hand. I think Hearts is a cruel mistress with a heart that beats only with vile contempt for my noble aspirations. THe fourth hand is the most critical, the most stressful, and so of course it is only natural that Hearts makes sure that the fourth hand IS THE ONE GOD DAMNED HAND THAT YOU CAN'T PASS ON. GOD.

Why the gently caress do you even point that out? AND IT'S CALLED "HAND" NOT GAME BECAUSE EACH GAME HAS MANY HANDS.

I know I shouldn't get angry at goons who are just trying to be helpful, but god drat you two just spout the must obvious tips and strategies, and some of what you have said isn't useful or correct at all "Pass all of your spades" is a terrible universal rule to follow. The correct selection for passing depends on many many factors - can you get out of a suit completely, do you have a very strong suit that you could use to control the hand, do you have hearts that absolutely must leave your hand (usually the 2,3,4, and 5), do you have too many low cards that won't win tricks (like holding the 2, 3, 4 clubs, the 5,6 diamonds, and then the 4,8 spades, plus all your higher cards) etc etc. Just saying "Pass all your spades" is loving retarded.

But maybe I shouldn't say anything because I'm obvious a terrible loving Hearts player who shouldn't talk back to people who CAN shoot the moon four times in a row.

God why the gently caress did I start this thread in the first place. What did I think would happen? I think maybe It hought that no one else had ever managed this, because it seems near-impossible to my stupid loving face, and I thought maybe there'd be goons out there who were struggling along on the same path, and we could band together and offerr each other support and compassion but I think maybe that was a stupid stupid thought because clearly Im the only moron in the Hearts-playing universe that can't shoot the moon four times in a row and it's probably my strategy is a bit off never mind the fact that I once made a spreadsheet in which I listed hands and winning percentages to see if there was an easy way to predict whether a hand could be shot or not, nevermind that I have paid careful attentiont to the behavior of the computer players and learned many of their behaviors nevermind that I have spent hours and hours of MY LIFE on this loving goal with nothing to show for it except for a statistics log in my hearts program that says soemthing like "HEY LOSER YOU'VE LOSE A BILLION loving GAMES IN A ROW, YOUR LOSING STREAK IS LONGER THAN YOUR WILL TO LIVE" gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Fuckin :lol: