Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZincBoy
May 7, 2006

Think again Jimmy!

mafoose posted:

Well drat. Maybe I'll look into that tomorrow morning (phone posting at work).

Still no response from the Sherline tools. Have you heard of Taig? I didn't know until recently that they're out of Chandler. Their basic mill is ~$900 and is supposedly much more rigid than the Sherline one. It also uses ER collets which is miles better than the lock nut holders on my Sherline.

I had a Taig mill that I converted to CNC before my current machine. It was great and I highly recommend it. I have also used a Sherline and the Taig is certainly more solid. The ER collet system was great as well. The only reason I upgraded was always running out of HP trying to cut big chunks of steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread