Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Trabisnikof posted:

lol if you think Clinton and Sanders won't have to answer stupid questions like this already. The sitting president has had to defend his birth for years, we went down this path years ago.

Fox will bring up Bernie's 'honeymoon' to the Soviet Union from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

FetusSlapper posted:

Is that kid in the box supposed to be some kind of mishandled box of ballots from Ohio?

I'm pretty sure he's "oh poo poo it's the 31st?!?" man.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

My god he's right, I'm addicted.... to education!!!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mojo Threepwood posted:

40% of all upcoming book signings at Costcos nationwide are Dr. Ben Carson: http://m.costco.com/author-signings.html

Costco has book signings?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jonesy posted:

Seems like overkill for a campaign winning by double digits, yeesh. Is Sanders sticking to his ban on negativity or has he got third parties attacking Clinton?

The worst he's done so far is imply that Clinton's not liberal enough.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

She could also be talking about, you know, Republicans.

She could be, she clearly isn't, but it could happen!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Since Bernie came out with his social justice platform, the proper retort has indeed turned into "it doesn't matter what he does or says, he's clearly a racist, he's just trying to hide it now."

No I'm pretty sure Bernie is a racist, here's a sentence I cherry picked out of article that is immediately disproved by the proceeding sentence.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

greatn posted:

You mean doing exactly what those criticizing him say he should do? And in addition to that he's done outreach and meet with activists and hired activists on as staff.

Its almost as if Trabisnikof and McAlister don't actually care about what Bernie says or does :monocle:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Popular Thug Drink posted:

statistically, most democrats dont

True but thats from disinterest rather than being a hack

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

JT Jag posted:

He hurts our economy by not getting haircuts, do we want someone that selfish as President

The Clinton's have a track record of supporting the American economy via expensive haircuts, where are the great clips receipts bernie????

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

computer parts posted:

Fishmech has passion?

Pedantry can be a passion.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

RevKrule posted:

So making up people you may have consensually had relations with == making up people you violently attacked against their will. Got it.

It's actually better, to help with the narrative Obama combined two girls into one for his biography and was pretty open about it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Republican Twitter is blowing up right now, wondering why the media never fact checked Hillary's military story:

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/15/us/hillary-clinton-says-she-once-tried-to-be-marine.html

lmao Its from 1994's Maureen Dowd

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah, Missouri explicitly voted down secession.

Most of Missouri voted down secession, those in favor set up a rump government and 'seceded' but Union troops controlled the state from the get go.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

Because they at the end would rather the teabaggers dominate congress then actual protections against their paymasters be passed.

Liberals have always handed the guns over to the right whenever the left seems to be gaining power.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I feel this map provides a pretty clear outline of what the South is (New Mexico and Utah excepted).

e: lmao I just noticed the map maker was too lazy to get a clean map of the US and labeled the edges he didn't clean up

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 8, 2015

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

In my defense i was alluding to the social democrats not supporting the Spartacus or Bavarian uprisings in 1919 Germany.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He will likely not be put in with the general population.

He can join the aryan nation, he'll be fine.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Oh come on Romney, you don't want a second rear end whopping?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

smg77 posted:

The low ratings aren't that surprising considering that the Democratic primary is boring (unless you're a Bernie Bro who still thinks Sanders has a chance) and it was on a Saturday night when nobody is watching TV.

Also there was an Hawkeye game going on at the same time, despite the debate being in Iowa.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

The woman is National Security Advisor Susan Rice. I assume the man is her Russian counterpart.

Do Obama/Rice speak Russian or does Putin speak English? Dude might have been a translator.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

Putin not only speaks English, he sings it.... just not well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeq4szDmJo

Still better than I can sing :(.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Thump! posted:

lol

What the gently caress even is the point of having a complete triad now? To keep bomber pilots hopeful of doing something more than cargo duty?

Seriously, what delivery capabilities of a nuclear payload does a B-52 provide that an ICBM or SRBM off a sub not already provide? Not even touching on the ludicrousness of being in a nuclear weapons race with loving no one but ourselves.

Eh at least the B-52 can double as a heavy non-nuclear bomber.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

The tree is the mascot of Stanford, where Feingold is currently teaching a course. The NRSC, noting how well this worked against Senator Professor Warren, believes that this is an effective attack.

okay so that's why he's dressed up as a tree, now what exactly is the goal of having tree man follow feingold around?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Because then people will remember that Russ Feingold is a college professor.

You know just having an intern drop a fake tree at where ever he's at would probably be cheaper and just as effective.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

I'd say we've reached Peak Friedman, but maybe not. The next six columns are going to be crucial.

Does he talk to a taxi driver who is suspiciously well informed on world events?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Meg From Family Guy posted:

The police are just doing their job

He's not wrong.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

MODESTO, Calif. (AP) — He strutted, he gobbled and he puffed up his feathers like his life depended on it. And it did.

The turkey's outgoing personality and good looks helped spare him from the Thanksgiving plate. The bird, named Tom One, was chosen for a presidential pardon from a dozen finalists Thursday at a Northern California farm.

The bird will board a flight called Turkey One in San Francisco to head to the White House ceremony with President Barack Obama ahead of the holiday. After that, he will be sent to live at a farm in Virginia.

lmao I'm going to ask my parents to save the Modesto Bee about this, I'm sure its all the front page can talk about.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Vermin Supreme registered for the NH primary today, as he does each cycle. This time he's running as a Democrat because, "I can beat Martin O'Malley."

Vermin is kind of the best.

God bless him and his boot hat.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Historians will and have not been kind to him.

There's always some ... softening on people over time (see: the Warren Harding); but what can you really point to in Bush's administration that hasn't proven to be a giant gently caress up?

The decision to allow Colbert at the national press dinner.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I'm literally going back to bed for an hour so that this image doesn't mark the start of my day. Thnx facebook

lmao Because there totally wasn't a whole issue with people buying their way out of the draft or hiring substitutes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Isn't that a bit rash with 11 out of 3000+ precincts reporting?

It's still a sample size of like 10,000+ people.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

So hey, you know that part in Bioshock 3, where they substitute Founding Fathers into religious tableaus and iconography? And how this is used as a stark way of pointing out that the group has adopted a similar form of Franco's Christian Fascism, marrying nativism, national mythos, and fundamentalist christianity into an authoritarian power system? And how the whole thing is meant as an over the top satire of veneration of historical figures and a criticism of such authoritarian tendencies?

Guess what Indiana is no poo poo for real completely unironically doing?

Like I'm not even particularly religious, and this offends me as sacrilegious.

You may want to avoid visiting the Capitol then.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

I think that the name change got him removed from ignore lists and people weren't sure if it was him or someone grabbing the name to mock him

No his original account got hosed up somehow from being trained to coupons/the gas chamber (or he forgot the password) which the new admin fixed for him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

I seems like every time there's a popular movie with an over-the-top caricature of a greedy businessman who is obviously The Bad Guy you can find a Fox News clip somewhere where they step in and go "Now wait a minute this guy is a Real American Job Creator and is being unfairly represented!"

It's almost like clockwork.

I can't wait for one of them to rewatch It's a Wonderful Life and have Fox n Friends defend Mr. Potter.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

How hard is it to STOP SAYING THE N WORD IF YOU'RE WHITE?

Remember racism isn't over until white people can say the n-word all day long.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fade5 posted:

I joined for Fire Emblem. Somewhere along the line I ventured into D&D, turned into more of a leftist, and now I post enough about the Kurds and ISIL to have gotten 2 AVs, PMs, Search and a couple other things as a result.:v:

E:
Content, Russia has given their version of the plane incident:

The US is siding with Turkey on this one. Russia has played brinkmanship/chicken before, and they pushed it too far this time, everyone (including Russia) knows it.

I thought Russia declared this to be a mulligan by claiming ISIS shot it down?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLrmGb7RHo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Also, a provision prohibiting any of the prisoners at Guantanamo from being relocated to the US.

What hellhole have we been releasing them to instead? Was it Morocco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

computer parts posted:

Not in the slightest.

Is this where you cite James Watson as if a handful of nominally intelligent racists proves the bulk aren't morons?

• Locked thread