Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
I have to say, it's getting harder and harder to keep up with this thread. The Republican primary thread is one thing, but I had something like 2500 unread posts in the October thread after a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Honestly Trump's too dangerous to be entertaining. He's constantly preaching xenophobia and hating "others" and I can see him riling up his supporters enough for them to assault someone who looks Mexican or Muslim.

Yeah, that ship sailed months ago when those douchebags in Boston decided to beat up a random brown person in The Donald's name.

richardfun fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 3, 2015

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

And he subsequently blew it off as "well I don't endorse that sort of behavior but boy, you have to love how passionate my supporters can get right?"

Right, I forgot about that one.

'There is always more, and it is always worse.'

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

Yeah I'm shocked but happy at the fairly large sweep the dems pulled today. Also I live in north central and I don't appreciate being called an inbred gently caress, okay. Most of my neighbors also have no visible deformities :colbert:

Most? :raise:

You're not really helping your case there.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Boon posted:

Soldiering on, slowly.

The next book on my nightstand is "What the Matter with Kansas", so it's possible I might slide into depression as the holidays approach...

Quit a few pages back, but I just want to recommend you pick up one of Matt Taibbi's earlier books as a palet cleanser. Sure, they are still about all the horrible things you are already reading about, but his writing style will have you laughing out loud (possibly through the tears, but still).

Smells Like Dead Elephants is a great one.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Fix posted:

The Divide is more relevant to current events.

I know, but I was trying to give him a break from the bleakness. Dead Elephants has a lot more chuckle worthy lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Silver Nitrate posted:

Five counts of assault. Everything is second degree too.

Federal hate crime charges could be coming still but I'm not holding my breath.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/11/30/charges-possible-against-4-men-in-4th-precinct-protest-shooting/

I haven't followed this story too closely, but how the hell is firing into a crowd not considered attempted murder?

Am I missing something here?

• Locked thread