Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SalTheBard posted:

Anonymous release of KKK affiliated politicians

Welp, tomorrow will be an interesting news day on the hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

icantfindaname posted:

they're both in favor of government supporting the middle class like it used to before the Reaganite goof troop came to power. it's a testament to just how bad things have gotten that even the racists are willing to toss the racism aside to vote for bernie

I don't think the racists have much to worry about from a Sanders administration.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Nonsense posted:

Said a racist.

What?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Solkanar512 posted:

What do you mean, specifically?

Bernie Sanders really doesn't have any ideas or proposals that will improve communities of people of color. Free college is great, if you were already going to college. If you can't walk down the street at night without getting arrested free college really isn't going to help you.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

This is to be expected, what he's saying are not serious thought out positions that will stand up to scrutiny; they are carefully crafted soundbites to excite the GOP primary base.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

BigRed0427 posted:

College athletics reform, not because it's a money pit but spite against students. Yahhhhh!

Whatever gets the NFL to start paying for their own minor leagues is fine with me.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Rhesus Pieces posted:

They're having a loving meltdown

Not eating and not playing footbaw=terrorism.

Thus proving that striving for "respectability" is a fool's errand. All protest carried out by blacks is automatically equated with extreme violence no matter what.

This is awesome, I love when closet racists get outed.

EDIT: Oh and obligatory gently caress Stephen A Smith

Stephen A. Smith posted:

“To white Americans out there, accept the reality that, to some level, racism exists. It’s inescapable. It’s a reality,” Smith said. “But to black America, let me make this statement.
Everyone who is white is not racist. and it is important to point that out because with this particular incident it was warranted. But that doesn’t mean we turn around and the second
somebody disagrees with us of a different hue, pigmentation, culture, etcetera. The second somebody might be oblivious or ignorant to what we are, what we believe, what we feel,
etcetera, doesn’t make them racist.”

“Just like folks have an obligation to get whatever racists tendencies may be inside their bones, we have an obligation to appreciate there are a lot of people in this God-fearing
country that we live in who are not racist. Don’t be so quick to jump,” he cautioned.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 9, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

FAUXTON posted:

You know he'd respond with something about it not being his choice.

Nah, he'd just go on about "gotcha" questions and hypotheticals until his time was up.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Is anyone creating a live thread for the kids table debate?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

icantfindaname posted:

I'm imagining like a 10mx10m box surrounded by police cordons and laughing

Sometime smaller sometimes larger, depends on the number of demonstrators expected.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Luigi Thirty posted:

And the Air Force is basically a wing of a fundamentalist Christian church, too.

This is the cause of a lot of it in the Air Force, the fundamentalist churches in Colorado Springs have for all intents and purposes taken over the Academy.

EDIT: Not that the civilian leadership isn't also part of the problem.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 12, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

LowellDND posted:

Like 3 out of 4 of the NCOS in my platoon were open Nazis or Kluxers. Had teutonic flags and poo poo, the whole deal.

So uh :v: To think there isn't racism in the military is hopelessly naive.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

JT Jag posted:

Uuugh.
You know what would be a great way to prove that Congress wants them to change their rules? Pass a bill about it!

Yeah but that would be doing things and that's a good way to get primaried next election. Better safe than sorry.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

No, they'd pass a law that said sure, that sounds like a great idea, in fact all states get to block grant their medicaid funds on anything, down with obamacare.

Anytime you have to say "Now hold on, let me explain!" you've lost.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

a shameful boehner posted:

Democrats are bad at messaging because nuance and fact are critical to complex, society-wide proposals that take time to explain and comprehend.

Republicans aren't because aside from outright lying and distortion, it's much easier to say "YOUR TAXES ARE TRIPLING" than "Your taxes are going up, but if you look at the cost savings and security of not having healthcare tied to your employment y-"

Exactly, or as Karl Rove put it:

Karl Rove posted:

Guys like you are in what we call the reality-based community, who believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality. That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

What an opportunistic shithead.

All the cheap political point scoring since the Paris attacks has been really loving aggravating. :argh:

Jokes on him, I would be happy to accept a Syrian refugee family in my home. Also we have a Habitat for Humanity complex down the street from my house filled with Sudanese refugees, and every single one I've met is an awesome friendly person.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

We have a big Serbian population here and they're cool. One family owns a really good pizza place. They make deep dish pizza and it is delicious. How is Syrian pizza?

Their church is kind of weird though because it's right next to a graveyard and it looks so plain. No fancy windows at all.

Syrian food on the whole is pretty awesome. We had a restaurant owned by a Syrian family but it burned down and they had no insurance. :(

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

It's the same poo poo with immigration. State politicians are powerless to address this extremely hot button issue and they want in on the game so they start doing things that are either redundant, illegal or useless so they can get ink and look tough on Whatever because probably most voters could give a poo poo about state politics.

Not only that but the US is party to ratified treaties regarding visa waivers. The law Rand Paul is pushing is, by definition, unconstitutional.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

GlitchThief posted:

Are unions usually such a disgrace?

In the US unions, for poor people, are effectively dead and shat upon by both sides of the aisle.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Samurai Sanders posted:

Governor Ige of Hawaii said he'd be fine with welcoming Syrian refugees. I know it's only symbolic but it's nice to hear. I guess this is the new litmus test for whether you live in a state run by shitheads or not?

Our governor had a pretty good response which can be paraphrased as " The Feds run immigration so we couldn't keep out refugees if we wanted to, and I haven't even thought about it because I'm dealing with a 3.5B budget deficit."

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Riptor posted:

Agreed, at least they can get some kickass pizza in new haven

God I miss Frank Pepe's

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Alaska should come out of that "Don't know how to help" our Governor has said that he trusts the Feds process, and has more important things to worry about.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 18, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Not a Children posted:

:lol: Referencing an undertaking nearly universally regarded as an enormous mistake as proper support for one's stance

Is this really the country I live in? Are things really this hosed up?

It's probably not as universally condemned as you think, on the American political right it's seen as the one time a Democratic president did something right

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Amusingly enough, Reagan was the one who signed the bill that finally gave Japanese camp survivors reparations (over his and Republican objections, of course, since federal spending :supaburn:), and ol' HW held a nice big ceremony to present the survivors with their checks.

And W singed the 2006 Voting Rights act that passed the seat 96-0, it's a crazy time man.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Boon posted:

To be clear, you're advocating for partisan media...

The problem seems to be ratings/profit driven media rather than partisan media (which has always loving existed)

There's nothing wrong with partisan media as long as they tell the truth. No one will deny that Rachel Maddow is a huge liberal, but if what she says is true who cares?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

In other news...
A couple weeks ago, Hamtramck* Michigan, a city within the city limits of Detroit, elected its first majority-Muslim city council. This was, as you can imagine, quite a shock to the millions of totally not racist white people in the metro area. Once the Paris attacks happened, Hamtown's new city council caught the eye of pearlclutchers and earnest question askers on the national stage. Today, Hamtramck's mayor, Karen Majewski (who owns) went on CNN and defended the city in the face of a barrage of stupid and embarrassing CNN questions.

Hamtramck is one of the most diverse areas in the metro area, as well as one of the hardest drinking, hardest partying cities in Michigan with killer music, bar, and (emerging) culinary scenes. There's also a huge population of Muslims from numerous countries in Hamtramck, which has infused the once almost completely Polish city with a bunch of fantastic food and sparkly headscarf stores. Hardly anyone who actually lives in Hamtramck is really concerned about the makeup of city council, but the white people who fled north of 8 Mile rather than face the terror of having to live next door to a brown person (and their descendants) have worked themselves into a lather again over those people ruining Hamtramck and Shariah law being passed any second now.

*It's pronounced Ham-TRAM-ick.

Edit: GODDAMMIT ZOUX! :argh:

My car was built in Hamtramck and hasn't exploded yet, but it could be those crafty Muslims are waiting to activate it remotely. :tinfoil:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Meg From Family Guy posted:

They have a right to protest

Funny how manner, time, and place restrictions never seem to be constitutional when applied to protesting reproductive rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Samurai Sanders posted:

And we sure picked a winner didn't we! Aren't they about to execute a poet or something?

They may be sum'bitches, but they're our sum'bitches.

• Locked thread