Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

mandatory lesbian posted:

"Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

(link.)

Edited for thumb tags.

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

achillesforever6 posted:

That perfectly describes Indiana University of Pennsylvania where roughly 90% of my graduating class was criminology majors which meant I had to wait 2 hours before I got called up because I took an actually challenging major and not an excuse to party and then get the whole school in trouble when St. Patty's day came and a bunch of douchebag cultists from Penn State came over since Happy Valley closes the bars.

IUP: I Usually Party.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
^Omg I forgot about that.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sorry if this got posted last night but this John Bel Edwards ad is brutal.

Basically "Edwards answered his country's call...David Vitter answered a prostitute's call :smuggo:"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
There are few things more unappealing as a topic than *~campus politics~*.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
GOP strategists are worried about Ben Carson because they remember what happened the last time a mentally enfeebled black man stood between a Clinton and electoral victory.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, “There’s new speech talk — it’s like,safe space, or something like that? I mean, come on." ~ Jeb!

This quote, the "hell yeah I'd murder lil Hitler," and the fantasy football poo poo...Jeb!'s brand is "sensible tough-talking suburban dad."

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Democrat Party sounds loving stupid, something you can say with a sneer. Democratic Party sounds good.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I make it a point to say democ rat

The original was bureaucRAT, I misremembered it as DemocRAT.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
There's a certain breed of lovely liberal who thinks "reTHUGlicans" is a sick burn. This breed tends to congregate in the comment section of The Progressive and also fear GMOs.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
This is the dumbest argument of all time, but "Democratic Party" maintains iambic rhythm and "DemoCRAT PARty" does not.

It doesn't have any electoral ramifications, but it sounds worse to the ear so right wingers like to say it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I know there is a separate PredictIt thread but the glory of this euphemism deserves to be seen by all -

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Apparently I am going to meet O'Malley Thursday night. What should I ask him?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

I received an email about the event while in the throes of a deep alcoholic bender so I sent the $25 contribution.

gradenko_2000 posted:

If he has stairs in his house, of course.

Nice.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Thump! posted:

Also, be sure to mention Tommy Carcetti to him. I'm sure he never get's tired of the similarities.

"Former Governor O'Malley, could you explain what factors led you to abandon your tough-on-blacks policy record?"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
America tried to implement a Department of Judeo-Christian Values but its mission changed after its headquarters were occupied by some refugees of sorts who did not share its values.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
^^who could possibly think that this election cycle needs a parody candidate? It already is a parody.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Link to Tweet.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SedanChair posted:

Percent of what?

I have no loving idea.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

fknlo posted:

I still don't get it. 81% of whites killed are not killed by blacks.

Just read The Bell Curve and you'll understand, jeez.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Dr Pepper posted:

Wait is that phrase secretly racist?

"Spade" is a racial slur against blacks, but the phrase "call a spade a spade" predates the slur.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

botany posted:

No it's actually a very clear case of Who Gives A poo poo. You're doing somebody a favour in rephrasing something because they didn't like it. That's all it is. Stop being a little whiny poo poo.

Please use the American spelling of favor as favour offends me due to the baleful legacy of British imperialism in North America.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
If you make it illegal for terrorists to buy guns then only criminal terrorists can buy guns.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
So now we know why Ted Cruz wanted to build a wall on the Canadian border.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

computer parts posted:

Which elections have been "foreign policy focused"?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Fishmech I get that guns are dumb but dispensing with Equality Before the Law (even for the 2% of the terrorist watch list that are American) doesn't just lend itself to a slippery slope argument, it IS the slippery slope.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Fried Chicken posted:

I'm trying to fathom how people don't see that the very second that these greater restrictions on freedom of speech were rolled out, they would be see to silence the left, not the right.

Do you really not think that, if hate speech laws were given more teeth, you wouldn't see it used to shut down anyone who criticized Israel's actions against Palestinians? That if libel and slander were expanded, it wouldn't be used to silence coverage of the Koch brothers? That if protest restrictions were strengthened, they would be used against abortion protesters and not against police protestors?

This post is 100% correct. False equivalency is an American birthright at this point, and would be deployed accordingly.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "The overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats." ~ Ted Cruz.

Hmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It's not racist because Ted Cruz is, after all, a Canadian.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

climboutonalimb posted:

What are the odds this guy is white?

About 60/40 given the demographic composition of Hazelwood.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Email from the McGinty campaign this morning, apparently Trump is headlining a fundraiser for the Toomey campaign next month.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

fade5 posted:

:tipshat: You're welcome, although I'll admit that's one of the stranger things I've been thanked for.

They've also got their own Facebook page. It's kinda strange knowing the US anti-ISIL task force has their own official Youtube channel that they regularly upload videos to, and a Facebook page where they regularly list all of the previous day's airstrikes. Social media has changed war in some very weird ways.

Now to get Republicans to start watching their Youtube channel and start liking Obama.:v:

Not a huge fan of The War Nerd but he had a good post about this aspect of modern warfare last year.

I am phone-posting so I apologize for not extracting the juiciest bits for The Thread.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In large part they suddenly stopped being besties with the French Republicans as soon as that revolution kicked off another, closer one which for some odd reason caused Southern landowners to suddenly remember how they'd always had reservations about such wild excesses of liberty, for as Jefferson himself said, "I become daily more and more convinced that all the West India Island will remain in the hands of the people of colour, and a total expulsion of the whites sooner or later take place. It is high time we should foresee the bloody scenes which our children certainly, and possibly ourselves (south of the Potomac), have to wade through and try to avert them."

This is a good excuse to plug CLR James's The Black Jacobins, on the interplay of Revolutionary ideas in France and Haiti, the limits of French republicanism, and the life of L'ouverture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
As America's will to shop recedes, ISIS's power grows commensurately.

• Locked thread