Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Yeah, all I get from that article is a lot of "I want things to be like I thought they were like when I was a child and didn't know any better." Like, aren't all the idiots in that article calling out the years when they were children? Joy McCoy, 31, says the Reagan administration is when America was "great"; Trivett, 70, says it was "before Vietnam"; Martin,59, says it was the 1970s.

So basically it's really just about making all the bad stuff you became aware of once you hit adulthood go away, great job, Trump voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Nixon believed that the tapes would be useful to history, and for his library. A few months before the Watergate scandal broke, he ordered them destroyed, but for some reason they weren't.

He probably believed he could retain control of the tapes as only a small number of White House staff even knew the system existed. Once the taping system was revealed during the Watergate investigation, he claimed executive privilege and that the content of the tapes were vital to national security in order to try to keep them secret.

Reztes fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 2, 2015

• Locked thread