Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I feel like The Onion could be run entirely on Dynamite Joe articles.

quote:

"It's nothing I can't handle, but let's just say there was a little misunderstanding. Somebody didn't get something they were supposed to get."

"And somebody else got a whole lot more than they bargained for," he added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Yeah all the other poo poo he's lying about he can get by, but (if this story has legs), lying about getting into West Point is bordering on stolen valor and I don't think the GOP primary base can tolerate that.
Up until now I figured the crazy poo poo he was saying was well-calculated crazy poo poo that he knew his voters would like (unlike Jeb who was saying the wrong crazy poo poo), but now I'm not so sure.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe a stupid question but apart from if you're running for president, is fabricating stuff in your autobiography a problem particularly?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Evil Fluffy posted:

A painting of Ben Carson with a black Jesus? He's done. All God-fearin' American Conservatives know Jesus was white as the pure master race driven snow. Just like Santa.

Eh, to me it just looks like that Jesus has a serious suntan.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Governor Ige of Hawaii said he'd be fine with welcoming Syrian refugees. I know it's only symbolic but it's nice to hear. I guess this is the new litmus test for whether you live in a state run by shitheads or not?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Now now, I'm sure he was just comparing PRACTICING gays and Jews to pedophiles.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Seriously. Are we going to beat New Zealand to banning prescription drug ads?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

You know who else called on public figures and cititzens....

Why do even they have to soften it by saying that they need to be careful of terrorists?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
From previous events like this it sounds diabolically difficult to tell which directions bullets are going in situations like this, at least until it is long over.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shifty Pony posted:

Ah, "I'm not touching you!" but on the international stage.
I've often wondered why so much of international politics is behavior that would be a little embarrassing even for a five year old.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Honestly, if you truly believe down to your bones that abortion is murder, isn't running into a place like that and killing everyone the only logical endgame?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

blue squares posted:

Uh, no. I'm not a christian but the actual christian text (the Bible) forbids killing under all circumstances. There is no gray area.
I doubt there's a single word in the entire bible that hasn't been re-interpreted at least a hundred times over.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Combed Thunderclap posted:

We now interrupt this scheduled broadcast of the usual post-shooting GOP bullshit to bring you our annual Thankstaking Weekend Special: Remembering All That poo poo We Did to the Native Americans Oh Whoops Things Are Still Pretty Bad Today Actually
Among the many options native Hawaiians have for recognition by the federal government is to try to be handled under the bureau of Indian affairs. Oh HELL no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Anyway, I was also wrong. The US alliance with Saudi dates back to 1940, making it our longest standing alliance with a Muslim nation.
And we sure picked a winner didn't we! Aren't they about to execute a poet or something?

• Locked thread