Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hate Speech: legal or not?
I'm from America and it should be legal.
From America, illegal.
Other first world country, it should be legal.
Other first world country, illegal.
Developing country, keep it legal.
Developing country, illegal.
View Results

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I think part of the problem is that their are people who think the first amendment also protects them from criticism. Not censorship, criticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

crabcakes66 posted:

Agreed. Harassment is harassment. The language used should be pretty irrelevant short of direct and specific threats of violence.

Yeah.

No one is mad because you disagree with this person, people are mad that you disagree and think the right course of action is to find that person's phone number, leave threating messages and make them fear for their lives in order to get them to shut up.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Also, when the UN Puts out some kind of report the USA IMMEDIATELY Has to do what it says.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i don't really have any good examples of what i'm talking about so i'm just going to quote the popehat gamergate guy to make my arguments for me. what were we talking about again?

Something about Hippos? Or the pope's hat?

Serious Post: Are you talking about sites like the daily dot not having comment sections? Because god forbit a site DOESN'T let you tell the world about thing.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

natetimm posted:

There's an entire movement going on right now to gut commets sections and lots of sites are on board with it. Vox turned off their commets, for example.

You do realize that most sites replaced comment sections with share links for Twitter and Facebook right? So that the site itself doesn't doesn't have to maintain it?

Your arguing that news sites no longer having comment sections is an attack on free speech...:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Who What Now posted:

I certainly never would thought it'd be so easy to get someone to say "lol, who gives a poo poo about dead homos". Actually kinda sad, really.

Dammit, I step away from this thread for twenty minuets...

• Locked thread