Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

i was at a wedding so i didn't get to watch the game and in retrospect that was probably a good thing

It is a good thing, no probably. That game made me question my will to continue to watch this team until Ryan strings together a turnoverless game.

gently caress, at this point, I'd for a bobbled-snapless game. The ONLY GOOD THING to happen this week, is that Ryan finally had an emotional reaction to all of the fumbles, snaps, and interceptions. He loving exploded and slammed his helmet into the ground, and it's a sign that it at least is affecting him. So tired of huge turnovers in the redzone, followed by a cut to Ryan sitting next to Shanny and they're just noses to the playbook.

You want to see a guy flip out over stupid turnover after stupid turnover after STUPID TURNOVER. To his credit, they did perform much better after Ryan snapped... too bad it came after our defense was so banged up we couldn't stop a Bucc's OT drive where we forced MULTIPLE 3rd and longs.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

we couldn't stop a Bucc's OT drive where we forced MULTIPLE 3rd and longs.

this i did see cause they were lettin people get food two tables at a time and i watched it on my phone basically going "what the gently caress"

i dunno like the biggest thing to me is people saying "you can't judge on this, the team went 5-0" and it's like but... except for texans each of those games was a game where we got lucky and won rather than winning by virtue of skill

the falcons are basically a very lucky but very bad team right now

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

this i did see cause they were lettin people get food two tables at a time and i watched it on my phone basically going "what the gently caress"

i dunno like the biggest thing to me is people saying "you can't judge on this, the team went 5-0" and it's like but... except for texans each of those games was a game where we got lucky and won rather than winning by virtue of skill

My reaction right after the ball fell on the ground on 4th down was, "Well, we were bound to lose one of these sometime"

The Falcons have looked inept in passing offense for the last 4 loving games, and if not for Devonta Freeman, we'd have no offense at all, except for the usual highlight reel performance from Julio Jones. He just as often, though, puts up a fumbletastic, dropsies-laden game.

Tamme seems to be taking the slack up for the receivers... I don't think Shannahan is very good at designing routes in a passing offense, clearly his running mind is loving incredible.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 2, 2015

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Ehud posted:

jameis winston is a rapist

this is literally my fantasy football team name

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

zimbomonkey posted:

Subtle and true. It's a solid team name.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

zimbomonkey posted:

I drafted Ben and Jameis and named mine At Least Vick Just Killed Dogs

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ehud posted:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

jameis winston treats his opponents like he treats his women

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

jameis winston treats his opponents like he treats his women

Judging by the way he looked at McCoy after the game ended, he probably treats his teammates about the same.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What an excellent game. The Falcons are so kind in giving the Bucs so many turnovers. What a great group of guys.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chilichimp posted:

Judging by the way he looked at McCoy after the game ended, he probably treats his teammates about the same.

If there's one thing I've learned about Jameis Winston over these past two months, it's that he's very good at making the worst possible decision in any situation.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Thank you Bucs for beating the Falcons, that makes the path easier for the Panthers to make the playoffs. I don't really like pulling for you guys though because

Ehud posted:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jameis is the 4th highest rated passer in the past 4 weeks. Jameis has no turnovers in the past 4 weeks. Jameis beat the Falcons without his top TE and 2 of his 3 best WRs. Jameis is a good quarterback.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

What an excellent game. The Falcons are so kind in giving the Bucs so many turnovers. What a great group of guys.

My favorite was when Kwon yoinked that ball out of Julio's hands and took off running with it.

Is that just considered a fumble? There should be a third turnover stat for situations like that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

My favorite was when Kwon yoinked that ball out of Julio's hands and took off running with it.

Is that just considered a fumble? There should be a third turnover stat for situations like that.

That play owned. Pretty badass game from Kwon too considering his brother died Friday night. He had 11 tackles, 1 INT, and that awesome fumble play. He was in tears when he got the game ball, pretty moving moment and they have it on the Bucs website if you didn't see it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

sword_man.gif posted:

Yeah, but with the rest of the schedule:
@ 49ers,
v Colts,
v Vikings,
@ Buccaneers,
@ Panthers,
@ Jaguars,
v Panthers,
v Saints...

...the Falcons are looking at 10-6 at worst, with all 6 losses in the division.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

That play owned. Pretty badass game from Kwon too considering his brother died Friday night. He had 11 tackles, 1 INT, and that awesome fumble play. He was in tears when he got the game ball, pretty moving moment and they have it on the Bucs website if you didn't see it.

Yeah I read about that, pretty sad. Reminds me of the game Favre had against Oakland I think after his dad passed.

Remember guys, if you wanna have a good game, just make sure someone in your family dies the week before.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ulmont posted:

@ 49ers,
v Colts,
v Vikings,
@ Buccaneers,
@ Panthers,
@ Jaguars,
v Panthers,
v Saints...

after multiple times barely eeking out wins to teams like the titans i don't take anything as guaranteed :shrug:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I can see the Falcons being the 6-2 team that misses the playoffs. Some team has to complain about the 7 and 9 Cowboys getting in when they didn't.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

I can see the Falcons being the 6-2 team that misses the playoffs. Some team has to complain about the 7 and 9 Cowboys getting in when they didn't.

Their lead is big enough that barring a Falcons esque late season collapse, they're not going to miss the WC.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

The Panthers are totally on course to pretty easily threepeat the NFC South though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I wrote this about the Falcons after the 5-0 start:

quote:

Falcons might a complete fraud and they might start 10-0. So far they beat the entire garbage NFC East division and Houston (garbage).

Here is their next 5 games: Saints, Titans, Bucs, 49ers, Colts.

That schedule is weak. Unless Indy turns it around the Falcons don't play anyone worth a poo poo in that stretch.

Looking further down the road they have Vikings, Bucs, Panthers, Jags, Panthers, Saints.

They're almost certainly going to the playoffs and someone is going to completely shithouse them.

Looking like I wasn't far off...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jameis coming along pretty great these last 3 games

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

@ 49ers,
v Colts,
v Vikings,
@ Buccaneers,
@ Panthers,
@ Jaguars,
v Panthers,
v Saints...

We could lose every single one of those games, especially since we somehow lost both of our starting cornerbacks in the Buccs game. No word yet on how long they'll be out.

wandler20 posted:

I wrote this about the Falcons after the 5-0 start:

Looking like I wasn't far off...

If you've been watching our games, you would understand the record. It's not so much that the Falcons are winning games against poo poo opponents, it's that we're lucking into W's that are somehow being giftwrapped for us... by poo poo opponents.

Even turning the ball over that many times, we were still Robensen Therezie holding onto a football away from beating the Buccaneers on Sunday. Jameis is not good, man. He might get better, but he also might get worse. Right now, he's in the same Boat Atlanta is in, and that is benefiting from a WEAK loving schedule... that he's somehow not managed to win many games in.

I expect the Falcons to drop at least 50% of the remainder of the season, unless they can get right after the bye. We'll see though.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 2, 2015

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Ehud posted:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

. Jameis is not good, man. He might get better, but he also might get worse. Right now, he's in the same Boat Atlanta is in, and that is benefiting from a WEAK loving schedule... that he's somehow not managed to win many games in.

Apparently you haven't watch much of the Bucs and that wonderful D we're trotting out there. As for Jameis getting worse, that's probably not going to happen. He will have more rookie/learning games but he isn't going to completely poo poo the bed like everyone hopes.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I don't know about Jameis, but I do know Lovie Smith is absolute trash.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

crab leg stealing rapist

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
squinty crab leg stealing rapist

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

three posted:

Probably won't get much argument from Bucs fans on this one.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah I read about that, pretty sad. Reminds me of the game Favre had against Oakland I think after his dad passed.

Remember guys, if you wanna have a good game, just make sure someone in your family dies the week before.

*Torrey Smith dead brother game*

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Aaron Hernandez hit on this same idea but just went about it the wrong way.

yes i know they weren't his family

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

*Torrey Smith dead brother game*

I sincerely hope that game was because of Alexanders brother and not because that is what I can expect from him for the next 8 years...

Dude balled the gently caress out.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jameis couldn't beat Big Ben in a rape-off.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

three posted:

Luke Easterling ‏@LukeEasterling
Since his 4-pick outing in Week 4, #Bucs QB Jameis Winston has posted the #NFL's 4th-highest QB rating (110.5).

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Jameis couldn't beat Big Ben in a rape-off.

What if she gives him crabs

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

pillsburysoldier posted:

Luke Easterling ‏@LukeEasterling
Since his 4-pick outing in Week 4, #Bucs QB Jameis Winston has posted the #NFL's 4th-highest QB rating (110.5).

Hm sounds like a rapist to me

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

I sincerely hope that game was because of Alexanders brother and not because that is what I can expect from him for the next 8 years...

Dude balled the gently caress out.

He's actually been really good. Won rookie of the week in week 3. He's also been calling in the plays over Lavonte David this year.

• Locked thread