Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Your profile of Rich Evans missed the fact that he is racist and misogynistic and transphobic and homophobic and probably hurts children and once blended a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Steve2911 posted:

Your profile of Rich Evans missed the fact that he is racist and misogynistic and transphobic and homophobic and probably hurts children and once blended a cat.

Thankfully that bastard is dead now.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

Rich Evans
Biography

Rich Evans is an actor and writer, known for Half in the Bag (2011), Oranges: Revenge of the Eggplant (2004) and Feeding Frenzy (2010).

Trade Mark (2)
Contagious Laugh
High Pitched Voice

Trivia (4)
Big fan of the Spider-Man comic books.
Avid gamer.
He is allergic to cats, even though he prefers them over dogs.
He has mentioned Dark City (1998) and Fight Club (1999) as some of his favorite movies.

Personal Quotes (1)
Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Personal Quotes (1)
Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNW-qxl8uHc

I seriously listened to this for like 10 straight minutes one time. It's hypnotizing.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Does anybody know what happened to Jessi? I always really liked her and am sad that she's not in it anymore.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Mods please close this thread and move the GBS red letter Madea thread here and then sticky it thanks

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Please do not draw attention to the other thread.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Scoofles posted:

Does anybody know what happened to Jessi? I always really liked her and am sad that she's not in it anymore.

...did something happen to her? :psyduck: As far as I knew she was always kinda sporadic with showing up on BotW and mostly does behind-camera stuff for RLM.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Everyone assumes she was in a relationship with one of them and it ended.

The real answer is she's probably been busy for the last few months or decided she didn't like people discussing her tits more than the videos themselves.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, I think you can occasionally hear her laughing in the background from time to time, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she just didn't want to deal with internet people posting about her. I think there was a subreddit and everything.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, I think you can occasionally hear her laughing in the background from time to time, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she just didn't want to deal with internet people posting about her. I think there was a subreddit and everything.

it has been alleged that she got creeped out. to see examples of goons being creepy to the male rlms, see the thread in gbs

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

hemale in pain posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I don't see why this is probatable; the series this picture is part of is hilarious.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, I googled around and it's half this and half just a lack of BotW in general. There have not exactly been a ton of episodes in 2015.

(She's been dating Mike for a good while, but as far as I know that doesn't have anything to do with it.)

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

I don't see why this is probatable; the series this picture is part of is hilarious.

It is still maybe my favorite RLM segment

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

MisterBibs posted:

That's my bad, I thought it was a creepy GBS post. I'd retract the probe if I could.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

That's my bad, I thought it was a creepy GBS post. I'd retract the probe if I could.

Oh you aint seen nothing yet.

But real talk, im excited to see Space Cop. I haven't seen any other RLM movies are they any good?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Joe the Strummer posted:

I haven't seen any other RLM movies are they any good?
Honestly they're nothing special. They're worth a watch (free) but I never found them as entertaining as their day to day videos. I think it's sort of odd that they don't often enjoy intentionally lovely films on BOTW but will gladly make them themselves.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I like RLM because they feel more like a podcast than a youtube series, if that makes any sense. More about the movie and movie-making rather than the wacky host and his amazing friends. Compared to something like Nostalgia Critic which I watched maybe two or three videos of and really felt like 'Doug Walker (plus a movie, maybe)'.

Also they're very technically competent which I didn't realise until I tried to watch a bunch of other youtubers and saw/heard what bad lighting, bad audio, or forced improv really was.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Crappy Jack posted:

If you were a as avid a fan of the Previously Recorded stream as I am, you'd know this and many other mysteries about RLM were directly answered by Rich, Jack and Jay.

The answer is that she just hasn't felt like appearing, partly due to internet attention but also due to not feeling she's that great on camera.

Steve2911 posted:

Honestly they're nothing special. They're worth a watch (free) but I never found them as entertaining as their day to day videos. I think it's sort of odd that they don't often enjoy intentionally lovely films on BOTW but will gladly make them themselves.

I don't think their films are intentionally lovely. They're intentionally dumb in their style of humor, but everything else is them doing the actual best they can with the budget and time they have. I really like Feeding Frenzy, actually. The Recovered is well done for a low budget horror film but is completely unengaging due to its script, and Gorilla Interrupted is uh.....

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

I don't agree with a lot of their reviews, particularly Mike's, but they got Man of Steel and Boyhood totally right.

I honestly don't watch them for their movie insight, but as entertainment they're pretty solid. They've gotten pretty reliable at this point that botw/wotw are nearly always an hour long and half in the bags half that and I enjoy watching them just for the hell of it.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I feel like new Best of the Worst episodes are an event and I love sitting down and doing nothing else while watching them. Shame we haven't gotten more this year. Wanna say that's due to Space Cop, dunno.

Speaking of, I'm optimistic about Space Cop. Definitely want to see it. I don't think it'll be great, but I'm looking forward to Rich Evans being silly.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
You might not hate Jack...

... But your brain does.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lichtenstein posted:

You might not hate Jack...

... But your brain does.

I think you're looking for /v/

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

good

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I appreciate how the Plinkett gang has basically followed the same arc as the man they got famous for mocking: they created a massively successful trilogy, made a bunch of disappointing sequels to it, and are now spending their time loving around with green screens and making self-indulgent side projects instead of giving the fans of the original trilogy more of made them fans in the first place.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

I appreciate how the Plinkett gang has basically followed the same arc as the man they got famous for mocking: they created a massively successful trilogy, made a bunch of disappointing sequels to it, and are now spending their time loving around with green screens and making self-indulgent side projects instead of giving the fans of the original trilogy more of made them fans in the first place.
The Baby's Day Out and Cop Dog Plinkett reviews are amazing, though.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SoggyBobcat posted:

The Baby's Day Out and Cop Dog Plinkett reviews are amazing, though.

And BotW and HitB.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If they made more Plinkett reviews we'd get like one video every 6 months from them.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you have half a brain, hating Michael Bay is a perfectly normal reaction. He makes poo poo movies save The Rock.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This is the only place I've ever seen have any sort of reverence for Michael Bay outside of The Rock. I didn't have much of an opinion of him until I saw the first Transformers and it is one of the worst movies I have ever paid to watch in a theater so I'm not gonna spend any more time on that guy.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Pain and Gain was a good movie by Michael Bay that got unfairly criticized by these guys. Transformers movies are totally fair game though and the review where Jay and Mike go to see separate halves of Transformers 3 is probably my favorite Half in the Bag segment (outside of the con footage of course).

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Harime Nui posted:

It was the "being fair" part that was important. I thought their PR review was good for example, b/c they accurately broke down the movie's strengths and weaknesses. Their reviews of Man of Steel and Pain and Gain are just "NOT MY SUPERMAN!" horseshit and garbage lobbed at a director they don't like though. Like I said most of the time they are good but they have some irrational tics, their hate-boner for Michael Bay being one.

I'm actually going to respond to you seriously for once.

Pretty much every critic on the planet is in a race to out-do their nearest critic about how much they hate Michael Bay.

RLM watching all three movies side-by-side was amazing though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Proposition Joe posted:

Pain and Gain was a good movie by Michael Bay that got unfairly criticized by these guys.

I really don't think the criticisms "It's too stupid to be enjoyable" and "it's difficult to enjoy a mean-spirited comedy about a real tragic event" are unfair.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

oohhboy posted:

If you have half a brain, hating Michael Bay is a perfectly normal reaction. He makes poo poo movies save The Rock.
Pain and Gain is Bay's Best Movie.

Proposition Joe posted:

Pain and Gain was a good movie by Michael Bay that got unfairly criticized by these guys. Transformers movies are totally fair game though and the review where Jay and Mike go to see separate halves of Transformers 3 is probably my favorite Half in the Bag segment (outside of the con footage of course).
Their Transformers Triple Threat review is the best critical encapsulation of the Tranformers Trilogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rfup0XKx7o&t=600s

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Whenever I watch previously recorded streams, I always laugh at Rich saying "Optimus_noooooo!, thank you for subscribing."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grendels Dad posted:

When I still had time to follow RLM, they entertained me. I am reasonably sure that they would still entertain me if I had time to follow them.

We're RLM bros for life dawg.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

]

[quote="Lurdiak" post="452296906"]
I really don't think the criticisms "It's too stupid to be enjoyable" and "it's difficult to enjoy a mean-spirited comedy about a real tragic event" are unfair.
[/quote]

It's actually p unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

It was unfair in that they were criticizing a movie for having subject matter that it was itself criticizing. The whole point of the movie is that Lugo and co are idiots who are doing terrible things for selfish reasons and that is a Bad Thing, and the comedy comes from the fact that as incompetent as they were they actually got away with it for way longer than they should have as things kept spiraling out of control.

Especially considering that the RLM guys did an entire video about how it's not right to criticize rape jokes after the Daniel Tosh blow-up, them turning around and trying to get on their high horse about Pain and Gain making light of tragedy is pretty rich.

• Locked thread