Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MisterBibs posted:

RLM isn't lying to anyone? I thought I made it clear, they legitimately believe the stuff they put out. Anyone can generate laughs by having characters kvetch about Star Wars or Steam being DRM. It's funnier when it's stuff they actually honest-to-God believe it.

why wouldn't they believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus loving christ shut the gently caress uuuuuuuuuuuuupppppp. Stop engaging the literal crazy person. Don't look at him, don't read his posts, don't acknowledge that he exists, shut the gently caress up already, this thread doesn't need to be the bibs crazy person power hour, god drat guys.

Hardcore Henry half in the bag. Okay. Sure. That's a topic. I actually disagree with them for once, it was a fun little entertaining ultraviolent romp. I think trying to elevate it kind of takes the magic out of it. It knows it's action schlock and it's in on the joke, and runs with it.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

MisterBibs posted:

These are people who actually, sincerely, legitimately believe that their first videos to go viral were not long-form Not My Star Wars videos. There's a gif made here of one of them calling such an analysis "horribly wrong". If you can't find the humor in that, I don't know what to tell you.

If that's your interpretation of how that went down, you are the thickest man alive. Reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RJJ0umdjQ&t=3715s

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm with Mike on Gal Gadot. I have no idea where her praise comes from. She's barely in the film, and her fight scenes look like they were lifted from a mobile games commercial. I don't know if she's going to be terrible in a WW feature, but I wouldn't be surprised.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Jack of Hearts posted:

If that's your interpretation of how that went down, you are the thickest man alive. Reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RJJ0umdjQ&t=3715s

I loving love the part where he says they only dislike the prequels because they didn't grow up with them right after they rave about a scene in a star wars film released less than half a year ago and featuring no characters from the original films.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Groovelord Neato posted:

most of the prequel reviews deal with basic storytelling, structure, and cinematic problems. it's people trying to defend the prequels that use that whole "they're just nitpicking star wars minutiae" poo poo.

Please don't put us all in the same basket as MisterBibs.

Please.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioit5DWsWsw

That's unfortunate, I kinda hoped the movie would be better. But it's also pretty much what I expected.

It's seriously not good. There's the kernel of a really loving good movie in there, but the filmmakers forgot that you need to have downtime in an action movie, so it's basically just a 90-minute blur of people dying in gory ways with a brief Sharlto Copley intermission about 2/3 of the way in.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

khwarezm posted:

I loving love the part where he says they only dislike the prequels because they didn't grow up with them right after they rave about a scene in a star wars film released less than half a year ago and featuring no characters from the original films.

yeah that guy must be a totally retarded idiot

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LORD OF BUTT posted:

it's basically just a 90-minute blur of people dying in gory ways with a brief Sharlto Copley intermission about 2/3 of the way in.
Yeah, it loving rules

I want to see it again

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The down time in this movie is the worst part. Never stop once imo.

It still owns though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioit5DWsWsw

That's unfortunate, I kinda hoped the movie would be better. But it's also pretty much what I expected.
I loved how they referenced Hardcore since someone on Hardcore Henry thread also made a joke reference to it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Please don't put us all in the same basket as MisterBibs.

Please.

i didn't mean all prequel defenders use that line of reasoning or attack. many just have bad taste or don't know any better.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

Getting mad over a successful, popular DC movie that they have to lie about to complain about? Funny.

MisterBibs posted:

RLM isn't lying to anyone? I thought I made it clear, they legitimately believe the stuff they put out.

Mr. Bibs please keep up with your own argument so it makes it look more like you actually believe the things you're saying. You're more fun when you don't come off as an act.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

TTBF posted:

Mr. Bibs please keep up with your own argument so it makes it look more like you actually believe the things you're saying. You're more fun when you don't come off as an act.

How are those two statements contradictory? People genuinely believe things that are patent falsehoods all the time.

They genuinely believe that their Star Wars reviews are not just Not My Star Wars. They genuinely believe that Luthor doesn't have motivation in BvS. These things are lies, obviously, but they genuinely believe them. That's what makes them saying those things so goddamned funny.

If they weren't on internet review show, what they've said on the subjects we're discussing would be on the "stupidest things you've heard today" thread in PYF. Which, like I said, is paradoxical because RLM/PreRec don't otherwise tend to be those sorts of people.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MisterBibs posted:

They genuinely believe that their Star Wars reviews are not just Not My Star Wars.

jesus christ dude, they spent three goddamn hours criticizing the prequels' plots, characters, editing, tone, every single aspect of them as movies. Have you actually seen the reviews?

Whack
Feb 14, 2008
The Star Wars PT and OT aren't perfect mirrors of each other. They have different strengths and weaknesses.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Whack posted:

The Star Wars PT and OT aren't perfect mirrors of each other. They have different strengths and weaknesses.

the prequels mostly have weaknesses

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

bibs should stick to harassing women on twitter.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mr. Bibbs your point applies to you as well. Everything you've said is a falsehood.

mallratcal posted:

bibs should stick to harassing women on twitter.

:stare:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

Which, like I said, is paradoxical because RLM/PreRec don't otherwise tend to be those sorts of people.

Have you considered that, in fact, they are not those type of people and you are projecting your weirdo hangups onto their very well-explained reviews of why the prequels are bad. They were the same people the whole time, you just can't suss out that they're making perfectly valid arguments that can not indeed be summed up as "Not My Star Wars"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

jesus christ dude, they spent three goddamn hours criticizing the prequels' plots, characters, editing, tone, every single aspect of them as movies. Have you actually seen the reviews?

Yeah? Three hours of Not My Star Wars. Sure, they used a lot more words than that, but Not My Star Wars all the same.

Hell, the only reason I watched it in the first place was someone telling me it was a satire of Not My Star Wars thoughts, and since I was already a fan of Hitb by then, I figured I should watch it.

Man, it was a weird moment 20min or so in when I realized, no, it's not a satire.

Eh, like most things discussed about me, it's way overblown. Someone mad about Ess Jay Dubs on Twitter cited the lady that wrote Overlord 2 as a Good Female Writer, so I mistakenly thought it was an Uncle Tom "one of the Good Ones" kinda thing. When I realized the dude was bullshitting me, I apologized for being a rear end in a top hat to someone I didn't know from Adam (and whose name I've forgotten).

WampaLord posted:

Have you considered that, in fact, they are not those type of people and you are projecting your weirdo hangups onto their very well-explained reviews of why the prequels are bad.

Nah, it's as I said.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 15, 2016

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

There are many complaints people have about the prequels that don't apply to the OT. This "not my Star Wars" thing doesn't hold water

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah? Three hours of Not My Star Wars. Sure, they used a lot more words than that, but Not My Star Wars all the same.

You don't think they had a single legitimate criticism?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

yeah, he's kind of a lovely person.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MisterBibs posted:

Eh, like most things discussed about me, it's way overblown. Someone mad about Ess Jay Dubs on Twitter cited the lady that wrote Overlord 2 as a Good Female Writer, so mistakenly thought it was an Uncle Tom "one of the Good Ones" kinda thing. When I realized the dude was bullshitting me, I apologized for being a rear end in a top hat to someone I didn't know from Adam (and whose name I've forgotten).

Let's see what really happened

Holy poo poo that is a lot of talking down to a woman, who by the way is very well-known and not some "goobergater" (???)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Mister Bibs being involved in GamerGate is somehow completely unsurprising.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
:lol: holy poo poo this Bibs guy has some serious problems

MisterBibs posted:

How are those two statements contradictory? People genuinely believe things that are patent falsehoods all the time.

They genuinely believe that their Star Wars reviews are not just Not My Star Wars. They genuinely believe that Luthor doesn't have motivation in BvS. These things are lies, obviously, but they genuinely believe them. That's what makes them saying those things so goddamned funny.

If they weren't on internet review show, what they've said on the subjects we're discussing would be on the "stupidest things you've heard today" thread in PYF. Which, like I said, is paradoxical because RLM/PreRec don't otherwise tend to be those sorts of people.

We found the most retarded poster in SA everyone

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 15, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

Mister Bibs being involved in GamerGate is somehow completely unsurprising.

I used to be involved in it by mocking folks who support it, but once the above-linked stepping-in-it, I stopped doing it because... well, I stepped in it. :shrug:

I've always found the similarities between RLM's SW videos and that insipid hate group to be remarkable. It's inherently one thing (hating diversity/Not My Star Wars), but there's an attempt to paint it as something else entirely (ethics in gaming journalism/more than just Not My Star Wars).

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 15, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

I used to be involved in it by mocking folks who support it, but once the above-linked stepping-in-it, I stopped doing it because... well, I stepped in it.
this thread/all of us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quY0mRlL5FQ&t=108s

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 15, 2016

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Corek posted:

Let's see what really happened

Holy poo poo that is a lot of talking down to a woman, who by the way is very well-known and not some "goobergater" (???)

Lets not turn this into hellthread please yea ok thanks

last thing this loving thread needs is some goons whining about beta males and lack of butts in video games

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 15, 2016

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Time to put a second name on my ignore list. Everyone please stop reproducing the text of his posts when responding, thanks in advance.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

You seem to step in it a lot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also, Neveldine and Taylor love RLM. Might be time for another collab.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
oh man, it's perfect that he chose a close up of his t zone and eyes+eyebrows screwed up in that boilerplate incredulous overbearing prick look for his twitter avatar.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i didn't mean all prequel defenders use that line of reasoning or attack. many just have bad taste or don't know any better.

See, it's those kind of posts that puts you on the same level as MisterBibs.

Ok, not quite as bad, but almost. You can go full lovely poster and surpass him, I believe in you.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it'd be tough to make 3+ hours of criticism if they were well constructed movies. i don't get your malfunction. saying bad movie was bad = misterbibs in what loving universe.

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah? Three hours of Not My Star Wars.

you couldn't fill over 3 hours with this if you tried. i can't imagine someone being so dedicated to your gimmick but this is the kingdom of smg.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 16, 2016

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
The dunning-Kruger effect in action ladies and gentlemen.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

you couldn't fill over 3 hours with this if you tried.

This thread is dedicated to a group of people whose viral hit was three hours of Not My Star Wars that, since its release, has been repeated/parroted by other Not My Star Wars people because their way of saying it sounds better than what they really mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MisterBibs posted:

This thread is dedicated to a group of people whose viral hit was three hours of Not My Star Wars that, since its release, has been repeated/parroted by other Not My Star Wars people because their way of saying it sounds better than what they really mean.

so you admit that their reviews have criticism that goes beyond "not my star wars"

• Locked thread