Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

There's a complete remake of the first R&C game coming to PS4 next year too

I think it's a new game/reboot, not a remake. It looks insanely gorgeous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I really want it to be good, I love that series.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I watched my friend play Infamous 1 and I started laughing at how idiotically gritty and gravelly the main characters voice was, but my friend couldn't comprehend what I meant and insisted that the goofy sidekick was the one who had the funny voice, and I got really pissed off.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cole McGrath.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i played the most recent infamous game when i got my ps4 and let me tell you. not even two sequels has made it any good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
western made games are notorious garbage

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i was just kidding, please dont discuss any of thse gay games

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
has anyone played 3d dot game heroes?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Western Developed Monster Hunter Clone Where Everything is Motherflipping Robot Dinosaurs Made by the Team That Brought You Killzone

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wish PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale hadn't sucked, it was fun to kick rear end as Parappa.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The Western Developed Monster Hunter Clone Where Everything is Motherflipping Robot Dinosaurs Made by the Team That Brought You Killzone

:homebrew:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Seeing all the SCEA game series names listed in one place makes me feel nauseous. Guh... Starhawk... LittleBigPlanet 3... Blauugh.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

western made games are notorious garbage

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I bought a bunch of PS2 bundle games for PS3 because I mostly stuck to Nintendo that gen and I wanted to see what I missed out on. Here's what I think so far:
Sly 1: Fairly fun
Sly 2: Eh
Sly 3: Eh..... This is the only one I had played before when I was a kid and I remember quitting at that fish boss. I guess that platforming segment at the end was ok.
Jak 1: Fun!
Jak 2: I'm still working on this. It's ok so far but I hate the city sections.

Both series seem to suffer from the same thing where the first game is a neat level based platforming/collecting game, and then they make the sequels kind of open world and it ends up suffering for it.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

HolePisser1982 posted:

has anyone played 3d dot game heroes?

yeah. it's good.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Wasn't Spyro originally supposed to be some other sort of game?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

You should play the good R&C games on PS3. There's 2 and 3 in the HD collection, and Crack in Time is also excellent. The original and Tools of Destruction are also good but not amazing. The first game especially has aged poorly.

tools of destruction iirc still has some gimmicky sixaxis controls back when sony was trying to push sixaxis as a thing. it's still p fun.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SM64Guy posted:

id suggest waiting a couple months for dragons dogma on pc

i already got dragons dogma dark arisen on ps+

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fag

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

tools of destruction iirc still has some gimmicky sixaxis controls back when sony was trying to push sixaxis as a thing. it's still p fun.
You can switch them off in the control options.

It's not a great entry in the series for totally different reasons though.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Soral posted:

i played the most recent infamous game when i got my ps4 and let me tell you. not even two sequels has made it any good

it's sad that a game where you can call down lightning like the mighty thor is still boring.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember when Infamous and Prototype both launched around the same time and there was a lot of heated debate online about which superpower game was better, the game where you play as a guy who shoots small lightning bolts at boring enemies and climbs up things really slowly, or the game where you play as John Carpenter's The Thing and insanely brutally slaughter thousands of zombies and tanks with grenade launchers and flesh-whips and that lets you get a power where you can bounce insanely high in the air by piledriving people and you could travel down several blocks just by piledriving a person in sequence.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember when Infamous and Prototype both launched around the same time and there was a lot of heated debate online about which superpower game was better, the game where you play as a guy who shoots small lightning bolts at boring enemies and climbs up things really slowly, or the game where you play as John Carpenter's The Thing and insanely brutally slaughter thousands of zombies and tanks with grenade launchers and flesh-whips and that lets you get a power where you can bounce insanely high in the air by piledriving people and you could travel down several blocks just by piledriving a person in sequence.

the truth was they both suck

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

Fly away, troll.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Prototype was good. Was Prototype 2 good?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Prototype was good. Was Prototype 2 good?

I did everything there was to do in that game and hardly remember a thing about it. It's distinctly unmemorable. Skip it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale hadn't sucked, it was fun to kick rear end as Parappa.

lets play it some time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

evil cole

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

lets play it some time
I don't own a copy, I just rented it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dante, from 2013 hit Devil May Cry

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PlayStation All-Stars such as Not Crash and Where Is Spyro

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Not Featuring Solid Snake

Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Featuring Solid Snake

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

PlayStation All-Stars such as Not Crash and Where Is Spyro

They had to make room on the roster for Fat Princess and Bioshock monster

Soral
May 30, 2009

what if they made a sequel to prototype, but instead of a zombie virus, you played as hiv, the virus that causes aids

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They had to make room on the roster for Fat Princess and Bioshock monster
Fat Princess was really fun to use though. I would have cut the identical dudes from various shooters.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Soral posted:

what if they made a sequel to prototype, but instead of a zombie virus, you played as hiv, the virus that causes aids

Patient zero: my loving wallet!

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Soral posted:

prototype but with stubbs the zombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dont feel like sony could win with that game, like even the characters that make good sense to include, like sweet tooth, i dont want to see

• Locked thread