Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Cool but also pretend i'm someone still crying like a big dumb baby whenever people say 'EPL'.

Newcastle are bad. I don't like it. But it's not going to change. McLaren losing the dressing room will be good for some laughs though and he might be gone before christmas.That would be a good present. Maybe we'll get relegated.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

I haven't bothered to work it out but I reckon that there is a very high probability that after 13 games you could do this with any league

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

tetsuo posted:

Cool but also pretend i'm someone still crying like a big dumb baby whenever people say 'EPL'.

Newcastle are bad. I don't like it. But it's not going to change. McLaren losing the dressing room will be good for some laughs though and he might be gone before christmas.That would be a good present. Maybe we'll get relegated.

Mike Ashley has a hilarious record choosing managers so I'm picking Harry Redknapp.

Wonder if Rodgers would go for it?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Blue Star Error posted:

I haven't bothered to work it out but I reckon that there is a very high probability that after 13 games you could do this with any league

Chelsea were still unbeaten after 13 games last season :gonk:

Saul
May 9, 2006

fuck your limo

Ewar Woowar posted:

Mike Ashley has a hilarious record choosing managers so I'm picking Harry Redknapp.

Wonder if Rodgers would go for it?

Keeping fingers crossed for the appointment of Gerry Francis. That hair.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Blue Star Error posted:

It's not possible right now in Italy, Germany or France due to unbeaten or winless teams. I think you could do it in Spain but I shan't be bothered.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
You just find a Hamiltonian cycle through a graph with the vertices being the teams. There are lots of possible cycles for the English and Spanish leagues.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ravel posted:

You just find a Hamiltonian cycle through a graph with the vertices being the teams. There are lots of possible cycles for the English and Spanish leagues.

I don't care.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I care

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Ravel posted:

especially the spanish teams ;)

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Ravel posted:

*Russ arrives in thread, backwards*

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Ravel posted:

Wow thanks

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Ravel posted:

Come on mate

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
lol I don't know what you're all crying about, Hamiltonian cycles are literally D1 AS maths I think. Thought people might be interested in knowing how to create one of those, and the circumstances in which such diagrams are possible if they wanted to Google more.

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
No I don't think so

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I like Lewis Hamilton too.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ravel posted:

lol I don't know what you're all crying about, Hamiltonian cycles are literally D1 AS maths I think. Thought people might be interested in knowing how to create one of those, and the circumstances in which such diagrams are possible if they wanted to Google more.

Tell me about these rear end maths

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ravel posted:

You're the DZSiBoT guy aren't you?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ravel posted:

I still don't care.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Ravel posted:

I like maths and found it interesting and think all these guys are gay especially the one who's clearly yet another PITUAE alt

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

excuse me lady posted:

*Russ arrives in thread, backwards*

Fuckin lmao

Blue Star Error posted:

I like maths and found it interesting and think all these guys are gay especially the one who's clearly yet another PITUAE alt

But also this. You made the fatal mistake of using a term everyone had to look up and became ashamed. Anyway, how bout them Mourinhos and what not.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Seems a few people in this thread have gotten their cycles synchronized.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Klopp to Sturridge: Stop being a little bitch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34947564

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

serious gaylord posted:

Lol he's injured again

Hargreaves wasn't even that bad

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Sturridge needs to get with the program.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

serious gaylord posted:

Good for klopp, imo.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Klopp is mad Sturridge won't take the cancer cocktail

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I have a feeling Klopp may have been slightly misquoted here. It seems like he might have meant he needs to be careful not to train through pain and develop an actual injury or aggravate an existing one? Having said that, the stuff about the body adapting to training load does suggest he might mean your interpretation of it. If it's the former, fair enough. If the latter, pretty dumb thing to say.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Gegendoping

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

Aston Villa are officially the worst team in Premier League history at this stage of the season, with one point behind Derby's 2007 total.

and unrelated but Greg Dyke wants the Prem to be reduced to 18 teams to help English teams in Europe he's a loving div.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blue Star Error posted:

and unrelated but Greg Dyke wants the Prem to be reduced to 18 teams to help English teams in Europe he's a loving div.

They should have 5 relegation or promotion spots instead

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I dont know why everybody wrings their hands over english teams in the champions league. It's generally a boring competition and european teams are dull to watch. as long as the premier league keeps being the most fun to watch (which I think it is) then who cares? Let the boring fancy dans have their diving matches.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

English teams already have a massive financial advantage if they can't succeed in the CL despite that its their own fault

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

yeah I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying that the CL isn't very fun to watch so if we lose the coefficient rating we have or never get past the first knockout round, then so what... I'd rather english football continues as it is if it means getting better/more consistent in europe means playing more like a mainland team. I watch football because I want to be entertained. The championship and premier league are way more interesting.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

that wasn't directed at you it was just a general statement

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

oh :)

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Blue Star Error posted:

I'm enjoying this sitcom we're currently in where the running joke is to copy the Germans in the least effective way possible

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

opus111 posted:

yeah I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying that the CL isn't very fun to watch so if we lose the coefficient rating we have or never get past the first knockout round, then so what... I'd rather english football continues as it is if it means getting better/more consistent in europe means playing more like a mainland team. I watch football because I want to be entertained. The championship and premier league are way more interesting.

I agree. The CL needs a shake up. Really stale

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Blue Star Error posted:

English teams already have a massive financial advantage if they can't succeed in the CL despite that its their own fault
Is it massive? I thought that while the Sky pl deal is the biggest it's also split more evenly among the teams whereas the top 2-3 teams in the other European leagues - maybe Germany excepted? - are taking home the majority of the broadcasting money for their league, roughly evening it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

tetsuo posted:

Is it massive? I thought that while the Sky pl deal is the biggest it's also split more evenly among the teams whereas the top 2-3 teams in the other European leagues - maybe Germany excepted? - are taking home the majority of the broadcasting money for their league, roughly evening it out.

Liverpool will be getting about as much money in total as Bayern without having won anything of note in the last 10 years. I'd say that's pretty drat massive.

• Locked thread