Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Broletariat posted:

Apparently Coquelin has some sort of MCL injury.

It's a good thing Arsene Wenger purchased a defensive midfielder and got rid of all his old ineffectual players

3 months, apparently. Wouldn't be so bad, but Arteta is broken and really poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
josh king is not very good at football

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

blue footed boobie posted:

3 months, apparently. Wouldn't be so bad, but Arteta is broken and really poo poo.

I'm ready for 3 months of mental Flamini tackles with random games of whatever other fit players we have in the middle with Santi (Ramsey/Ox).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

last i read bournemouth had conceded the most goals despite not letting many attempts on goal compared to most of the other teams so their keeper must be really poo poo

Boruc pretty much threw the ball in his own net 4-5 times before they replaced him with Federici.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

serious gaylord posted:

Boruc pretty much threw the ball in his own net 4-5 times before they replaced him with Federici.

They bought both of them in the summer so imagine how bad the guy they replaced must have been whoever he is

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

He honestly can't play 30 minutes without his calf breaking, it's incredible.

I can see wengy eventually playing the polish kid or even chambers (lol) at dm

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i like that arsenal manage to go on a run that convinces some people in the press they can win the league and then inevitably important players get injured because wenger refused to sign back up and it gets derailed happens almost every season

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

No chance Bournemouth stay up in BSE's opinion. Villa Bournemouth Sundy in that order. BSE has spoken (the SE stands for Steve Evans).

Will you guys splash the cash?

I like Norwich and would rather Newcastle go down but if the latter brings in a decent manager they should do better given their players

Ewar Woowar fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 22, 2015

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

i like that arsenal manage to go on a run that convinces some people in the press they can win the league and then inevitably important players get injured because wenger refused to sign back up and it gets derailed happens almost every season

'Back up' is a funny name for a drug.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Blue Star Error posted:

They bought both of them in the summer so imagine how bad the guy they replaced must have been whoever he is

To be fair they had Boruc on loan last season and he helped get them promoted so they knew what they were getting with him.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Starsnostars posted:

To be fair they had Boruc on loan last season and he helped get them promoted so they knew what they were getting with him.

They actually spent real English money on Boruc after having him for an entire year and that will forever entertain me. see also: Borini at Sunderland

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Starsnostars posted:

And they still bought him?

Ewar Woowar posted:

Will you guys splash the cash?

We'll probably try to buy 1 or 2 defenders, whether we get them is another question, in summer we repeatedly try to buy fancy foreign players who clearly will never want to play for Norwich and then panicked when that fact became clear.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
They got Boruc on a free after we released him and if I was a Bournemouth fan I'd rather see him in goal than Federici.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Jose posted:

doesn't he want some insane amount of money like mike ashley does?

He wants more than £0 yes.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm hoping that Leicester can still be riding high by January and attract some quality defenders. The current plan of 'just score more than we let in' is working, but we give away way too many sloppy penalties for that to work out in the longterm. Really though, the main hope is that we come out of the transfer window without having been picked clean by european clubs with big chequebooks

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

I'm hoping that Leicester can still be riding high by January and attract some quality defenders. The current plan of 'just score more than we let in' is working, but we give away way too many sloppy penalties for that to work out in the longterm. Really though, the main hope is that we come out of the transfer window without having been picked clean by european clubs with big chequebooks

I think you'll actually be okay. Vardy is still seen as a Michael Ricketts type and I can see a lot of clubs being put off by the type of fee that Leicester would/should expect. Personally I think he's actually really good and should be given a proper opportunity with England.

Mahrez is the only player I can really see you struggling to keep. He's young and talented and I can see clubs stumping up the cash for him. The rest of the squad is solid without any superstars so it should be easy to hold on to him

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Starsnostars posted:

They got Boruc on a free after we released him and if I was a Bournemouth fan I'd rather see him in goal than Federici.

Boruc guarantees at least a couple of horrendous mistakes every game but will also make some cool saves, Federici offers neither

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Boruc is way past it and should be put out to pasture. He's in talks with Legia about doing a stint with us next year, but even the Legia CEO has remarked that he might not be up to it. If an Ekstraklasa team thinks you may not be up to something, you should really retire.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
There are rumors in Italy that McClaren will be sacked and replaced with Seedorf.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Broletariat posted:

chambers (lol) at dm

Looks like ^^^^ is actually happening.

Gonna be an entertaining 3 months.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

trem_two posted:

There are rumors in Italy that McClaren will be sacked and replaced with Seedorf.

I'd like to see him get a second chance after his stint at Milan that went tits up but I'm not so sure he's actually manager material. He could register as a player and anchor their midfield though.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Broletariat posted:

Looks like ^^^^ is actually happening.

Gonna be an entertaining 3 months.

Depends on when Ramsey is fit again. Fortunately for Arsenal, their next three matches are against Norwich, Sunderland, and Villa, so Coquelin's absence won't be felt as harshly yet.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Elliptical Dick posted:

I'd like to see him get a second chance after his stint at Milan that went tits up but I'm not so sure he's actually manager material. He could register as a player and anchor their midfield though.

Tactics aren't as important as selection and motivation in England (see: Redknapp, Harry), so he could probably do a job.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Seedorf could've done well with a transfer window and some more time imo. His spell at Milan was doomed from the start and I hope he gets a chance somewhere else.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Shoren posted:

Depends on when Ramsey is fit again. Fortunately for Arsenal, their next three matches are against Norwich, Sunderland, and Villa, so Coquelin's absence won't be felt as harshly yet.

He's fit already and training for Dinamo.

I'm actually a bit surprised Wenger isn't considering pulling a Gilberto with Gabriel and playing him higher. He's pretty good at winning the ball back, guess he doesn't have faith in his passing.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Get ready for Calum Chambers at holding midfield everyone. This team is the reason I drink heavily.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Gigi Galli posted:

Seedorf could've done well with a transfer window and some more time imo. His spell at Milan was doomed from the start and I hope he gets a chance somewhere else.

Yeah he was totally thrown in at the deep end but accepting the job showed some poor decision making skills I thought

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Akileese posted:

Get ready for Calum Chambers at holding midfield everyone. This team is the reason I drink heavily.

Oh Jesus Christ no. God we need to buy badly.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

quiet enjoyment posted:

I think we should buy well!!!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bobby Digital posted:

I think we should buy well!!!

Why start now?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

quiet enjoyment posted:

Panic buying won't help anyone. We should only buy if there's value in the market and the right player is available!!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Gigi Galli posted:

Newcastle are in a death spiral and the squad are ringing their agents every day for any chance of a route out, defines "doomed from the start" to a tee

You'd need a truly exceptional coach, someone like Alan Pardew, to keep them from becoming the new Sheffield Wednesday

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Newcastle are in a death spiral and the squad are ringing their agents every day for any chance of a route out, defines "doomed from the start" to a tee

This presumes that a Newcastle squad where they are all planning exits is worse than 3 of Villa, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Norwich, possibly Swansea and I'm not sure it is

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
E: I am dumb

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 24, 2015

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/23/arsene-wenger-accuses-uefa-accepting-doping-arsenal-dynamo-zagreb

Wengy said that 10 UEFA doping test guys showed up at arsenal training and also had a bit of a meltdown.

lol if UEFA really did do that, though.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I am glad that The Allardyce Presence is starting to leave West Ham, and is beginning to make itself known at Sunderland

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Gerrard will be training with the liverpool squad next week, "for a couple of weeks".

Bit of a wince there

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
imagine, if you will, how good Leicester City would be if Esteban Cambiaso had remained

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Hoops posted:

Gerrard will be training with the liverpool squad next week, "for a couple of weeks".

Bit of a wince there

I'm beginning to think he won't be loaned to Man City at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

• Locked thread