Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa spelt their new manager's name wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Far too much Man Utd chat in this thread tbh and not enough chat about Remi Garde's claret & blue army

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Brony Car posted:

It'd be interesting to see if Remi puts Agbonlahor on the bench. How did that guy become captain?

Been at the club the longest + the all important premier league 'experience'. I really hope that Garde fucks him off, permanently.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa actually have a fairly capable team and a few decent players, it's just suffered from inconsistent tactics and a poo poo manager so far this season (dropping Amavi for Richardson), and I've never seen confidence so low in 20 years of supporting them. The effects of being managed by McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood are going to linger for a while.

Remi Garde has brought Duverne back as a fitness coach which is great, because he called Gabby (and a few others) out on being a lazy poo poo footballer when he was here with Houllier 5 years ago.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TraderStav posted:

Surely Chelsea cannot get relegated, can they?

No, they cannot. Bournemouth, Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa, and Norwich can.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hardflip posted:

Amavi confirmed to be out for the rest of the season, ruptured ACL

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/665856886072336384

I actually hate being a Villa fan

Yeah, it's poo poo.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

gently caress man. How many ACL's this season? We have two :(

The one good thing for Villa is that there are a lot of bad teams that will be in a relegation battle. If they can buy a couple of useful additions in January and get into a bit of form then they might escape.

Amavi was probably our best player so he's going to be a huge loss for us and relegation just got a whole lot more concrete.

We could always recall Cissokho in January I guess. :flaccid:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm super stoked that my favourite midlands team, Leicester City, is riding high at the top of the table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Guys, I think this might be the year that Villa go down

• Locked thread