Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Hello and welcome to the continuation of popular long-running serial the EPL thread, where four posters were probated last month alone. More on that later. Feel free to use this thread to attack Manchester United out of obscure motives of envy and dislike. To talk about how you saw Chelsea’s collapse coming a mile off even when you didn’t. To just generally be really objectionable, pigheaded and unpleasant the whole time. Or you could be gracious in victory and philosophical in defeat? Just an idea. (modedit: thank you breath ray, lets try it out http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749665&pagenumber=1#post452232300)

Here’s the table:

|`````|

Remember if you post one word / emoji responses you could be probated, possibly for a day or more. Don't miss out on this limited time offer!

ok here's the real table

No movement 1 Man City 11 17 25
No movement 2 Arsenal 11 13 25
No movement 3 Leicester 11 4 22
No movement 4 Man Utd 11 7 21
No movement 5 West Ham 11 7 20
No movement 6 Tottenham 10 8 17
No movement 7 Southampton 11 5 17
No movement 8 Liverpool 11 0 17
No movement 9 Everton 11 4 16
No movement 10 Crystal Palace 11 1 16
No movement 11 Watford 11 0 16
No movement 12 West Brom 11 -4 14
No movement 13 Swansea 11 -3 13
No movement 14 Stoke 11 -3 13
No movement 15 Chelsea 11 -6 11
No movement 16 Norwich 11 -8 9
No movement 17 Bournemouth 11 -12 8
No movement 18 Newcastle 11 -10 7
No movement 19 Sunderland 11 -12 6
No movement 20 Aston Villa 10 -8 4

Remi Garde in.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Carrier posted:

Chelsea lol.

Quoting in case you delete your post when you sober up.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

Chelsea = poo poo
Arsenal = mongs
Liverpool = tossers

Finally, an argument with a bit of substance. But what of the teams from the north east?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

I alluded to this in the op, and indeed the thread title

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

jyrka posted:

Will Arsenal win the league, goons?

I don't think so my Estonian chum, not with injuries to Walcott and the ox. Giroud can only do so much. I think they'll do well to grab second. Spurs are looking good though and could grab fourth if Leicester falter.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
what are you brainiacs expecting lvg to say... : /

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
not sure. if he leaves us with CL football, de gea and martial it'll have been a fair couple of years with an eye on stability...then we get sparky in and bobs your uncle

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

Something other than "it's a process" over and over again. He's been managing United for 18 months now and it's not like he's tinkering with the lineup every week. He's largely set on the system, formation and lineup he prefers with substitutions happening like clockwork. And it's not like the team is constantly playing better, either. All the evidence we can see points at this being the way he wants United to play.

It's not a process. It's a team playing dull and boring football where avoiding risks and mistakes trumps creativity and creating opportunities. It's a system where possession is king. That picture with United being ranked number 1 or 2 in the league in possession and sideways/backwards passes and 19th or 20th in shots and chances created speaks volumes.

E: I'm not saying "LVG out" or that he's doing a terrible job as manager. I'm just saying the excuse is wearing thin and I'm starting to worry that he's not deflecting criticism and protecting the team, but actually believes what he's saying when he states that United were the better team against Chelsea despite losing, because they had 65% possession or whatever.

Ok but can you be specific about what he should have said? Take your time and really think about it.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I reckon IF there's a splitter, its one of the Balkan players; sectarian conflict is their byword. Begovic has been great in goal but Matic seems to have 'lost it' psychologically and has been poor both disciplinarily and football wise. He was also thrown under the bus by mourinho, but don't worry - it was parked at the time !

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I just said that 13 step!! Lurk more.

Man U and the process...last season Wednesday went down 8-0 to man city in the cup, I forget which, and it really knocked us for six - literally! (We didn't win a game for 6 weeks after.) But we did secure a long series of goalless draws. So I think that's a natural reaction to a heavy beating like the one arsenal inflicted on the red devils. I don't think it makes sense to expect a crescendo of performances in any aspect of life. And a few backward passes are OK IMO if it keeps possession. We all saw what happened with Liverpool when they scored goals for fun - they also conceded a lot and finished second.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

Sherwood performed that miracle and look what happened to him. Going to a poisoned chalice club is a dumb move when he could have dicked around at rich French clubs for a few years and then waltzed into the Arsenal job like a French Moyes.

Hmmm disagree, gathering some prem XP to distinguish himself from the other fancy dans overseas is useful - just look at houllier and ranieri

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

But Houllier and Ranieri performed in foreign lands and then got given a big club as their first English job? Thats what I reckon Garde should have done. Houllier wouldn't have got the Liverpool job he'd done what he did at Villa first.

You have to think the arsenal post will be the most contested in the prem. You just need CL football which you can get by outspending the others. And you get to live in London but not work for Roman. So I think arsenal would want someone who can provide continuity and arrive with an idea of how teams play in the prem. Well cya

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah even cantona, who hardly anyone rates these days and frankly althougg this is the benefiy of hindsight talking was lucky to pull on the utd shirt at all

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
i think there are some persistent offenders who could try to write at least one post about their own team for every three they write about united. i dont even know what the barb about andy cole is. it looks to be the work of someone suffused with bitterness and a very small brain to me

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
i mean lets take a step back here. weve got a liverpool fan who has the worlds favourite manager newly in charge. they beat the reigning champions in their last game. their best player of last season is back among the goals. and what are they talking about? how posterity will judge waybe toadfish rooney.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
sorry that wasnt directed at you 8raz, ive crunched the numbers and you post about your team enough

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
lets talk about villa. theyre a couple of wins from escaping the dropzone and will have some much needed new manager bounce. unfortunately they also have the following fixtures coming up

BPL 8 Nov 2015
v Man City (H)

BPL 21 Nov 2015
v Everton (A)

BPL 28 Nov 2015
v Watford (H)

BPL 5 Dec 2015
v Southampton (A)

BPL 13 Dec 2015
v Arsenal (H)

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Surely Newcastle have to go down, which is what we all want. McLaren is the worst manager in the league and the owners a moron. The players are quite good however. Janmaat, Ayoze...those are the main ones.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
He's not terribly fit abd mls teams aren't interested in defenders due to the draft system

e. Ron Vlaar I mean

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Tell me of these defensive left and right backs of yore.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Brighterday posted:

I'm soo hyped for the derby, gonna start drinking now till kick off. As someone form the poor side of North London, let me tell you that I hate Arsenal more than the combined hatred from my parents, my teachers, the police, my government and every other middle class wanker from London. Harry Kane is bigger than Jesus.

welcome, and mind the trolls. its certainly the pick of the matches, and as someone who spent 18 months living on the high road, I hope the tots can pull it off, with the help of a couple of eriksen fks. but I think the gunners firepower will be too much. 2-1 to the arse

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
try LPV

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Does anyone have a gif of the incident so I can make my binding judgement?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Haha looks deliberate. Where was the ball boy?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Swiss then.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjagjTPmbV4

I love wrestling

Please note - Darren Fletcher was sat next to him and just laughing his arse off the whole time, especially when Barrett was taking the piss out of Rooney

Was that Cesaro, the wrestler that looks like me?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
someone at work said I look like Cesaro and hell, maybe I do. anyway I saw the nld this morning and drat if arsenal didn't escape with a Point. whats with their defence?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
well its like i always said.. I knew there was a reason arsenal lost to birmingham city in the league cup final that went way beyobd mere complacency abd a raft of other psychologixal weaknesses

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
keen to see arsenal awarded what would be an unprecedented 'quadruple' for the past 14 consecutive years

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
In even more depressing news, Eva's tied the knot

https://twitter.com/Timbers_Jim/status/664792558908915712

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

the escape goat posted:

@timbers_jim is a weird handle. do love the fact that the op pointed out how no chels staff or players were invited :sparkles:

Jim is a prince among men

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'd be more worried about Martial if Wayne hadnt found his shooting boots recently, but he has so I'm not. With Mata in the side we are all but guaranteed 2+ goals a game.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
In fairness the boy could still come good. But ok I wish we had sterling and de bruyne :)

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

Also, Martial, Carrick, Rooney, Valencia and Fellaini are out at least for the Watford game :rip:

That just opens the door to dream duo Lindgard and Wilson. Should be a good match!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

Mods rename him Polite Van Nistelrooy

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Fastest footballers*
Player Team Top speed (km/h)
Jamie Vardy Leicester City 35.44
Jeffrey Schlupp Leicester City 35.26
Divock Origi Liverpool 35.15
Kyle Walker Tottenham Hotspur 35.09
Billy Jones Sunderland 35.07
Jesus Navas Manchester City 35.06
Marc Albrighton Leicester City 35.00
Victor Moses West Ham United 35.00
Joshua King Bournemouth 34.99
Cameron Jerome Norwich City 34.97
Ritchie de Laet Norwich City 34.97
Mame Biram Diouf Stoke City 34.97
Carl Jenkinson West Ham United 34.89
Alberto Moreno Liverpool 34.88
Charlie Daniels Bournemouth 34.86
Wes Morgan Leicester City 34.76
Hector Bellerin Arsenal 34.74
Cedric Soares Southampton 34.74
Moussa Sissoko Newcastle United 34.68
Theo Walcott Arsenal 34.68
Source: Opta/ChyronHego *Premier League, this season

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Ravel posted:

You just find a Hamiltonian cycle through a graph with the vertices being the teams. There are lots of possible cycles for the English and Spanish leagues.

especially the spanish teams ;)

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Digital Jesus posted:

Something something big club something history something West Germany.

posting with alzheimers

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
tbf liverpool and manchester is a complete dump so they need to pay over the odds for every single player..havent been to munich so cant comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

How on earth have Juve bought 374 players in five years, are they just rolling around academies scooping them up by the busful?

my question is how have they swollen their squad by more than 50 players in five years. maybe the mods can tell us

• Locked thread