Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

beedeebee posted:

Nice table scrub.

Anyways, just read that Eva Carneiro is going to sue Chelsea. The meltdown keeps getting better and better.

She's also apparently making a claim against Mourinho personally, which is great and I hope she wins against them (since everyone else has this season)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/02/jose-mourinho-chelsea-eva-carneiro-legal-claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Pissflaps posted:

The days of legendary players playing for Manchester United are over.

We could probably get John O'Shea back in January if we asked nicely

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Bit early to be heading there, the stadium's probably not even open yet!

it takes longer if you're travelling by penny-farthing

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

not not luvd posted:

is the joke that im riding your mam?

that doesn't seem like it would be the joke, but I can check if you'd like

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

fart simpson posted:

Have they changed it so five teams are getting relegated this season?

They haven't, but they should

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Liverpool status: still bad

Maybe Brendan was a good manager all along

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I'm glad that Mourinho hasn't been sacked yet but I really don't know if we can recover from this. I think we can beat Norwich and Maccabi, although at this point I'm taking nothing for granted; then if we can beat Tottenham as well then maybe we can get some momentum going. It's a lot of ground to make up though; even winning every match from now on would only give us 2 more points than last season.

I've been trying to think of what would have to happen for Chelsea fans to turn on Mourinho, and I'm pretty sure "losing to Jews twice in a row" is basically the only answer, unless he's willing to have a mixed-race baby

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

hadji murad posted:

subconsciously inserting your own prejudices doesn't make a zing

i think you'll find that i'm actually consciously inserting my prejudices, which are against chelsea fans and entirely based on empirical evidence

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Elliptical Dick posted:

I don't know who that guy is but he must be rich cause she could do so much better

not rich enough to get properly tailored trousers, apparently

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Panama Red posted:

I am a dumb person and would like to remedy my ignorance by finding out who are some good pundits for red hot Prem analysis

I already listen to the Football Weekly podcast although I am curious what people think of Glendenning. I used to like him the most but now he feels like the obligatory comic relief. Plus he likes to get into arguments on Twitter with people with 13 followers

If you go on r/footballhighlights they generally have Monday Night Football uploaded in such a way that you can watch the bit with Neville and Carragher and not actually watch the football which will probably be Everton playing out a 1-1 draw against someone. It's highly recommended for internet sociopaths who have lots of time on their hands and hate the Chels.

Monday Bandele posted:

Glendenning has always been comic relief. Most journos have little insight or expertise different from the average internet commenter, apart from those that travel and do research and interview people like Jonathan Wilson.

Glendenning has always been comic relief, but he's also got a great bullshit filter and hates the Chels. I haven't listened in a while, but my favourite Glendenning moment is still when he was asked if Barca's last-minute winner was unfair on Chelsea, and his answer was "I might have considered that, but I was too busy on my knees punching the air while my flatmate ran round in circles with his shirt off". That's the level of analysis I want from a football podcast, right there.

That or people just want to hear someone with an Irish accent sound like a bit of a shambles

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive just checked the details myself and the stat is slightly wrong. I'm assuming they took the Carling Cup games out, but why they'd do that and not the Champs League I dont know.

probably because the carling cup is an itv4 reserves competition for bad teams to care about and the champions league is literally the highest level of the sport, but no I don't know either Taff

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

fat gay nonce posted:

They had craiglen on 3 weeks ago and he spent 8 minutes just muttering arsenal cunts over and over again while therat and der shovel applauded

this is what I want from a podcast tbh

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Seedorf could've done well with a transfer window and some more time imo. His spell at Milan was doomed from the start and I hope he gets a chance somewhere else.

Newcastle are in a death spiral and the squad are ringing their agents every day for any chance of a route out, defines "doomed from the start" to a tee

You'd need a truly exceptional coach, someone like Alan Pardew, to keep them from becoming the new Sheffield Wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Grimble posted:

Why would anyone follow a non-competitive league? Seems pointless imo.

I'd imagine because it's one of the few opportunities you'll have to sing about murdering the Pope in public

• Locked thread