Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Will Arsenal win the league, goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Anyone here have Arsenal membership & can get me tickets for Arsenal - Sunderland soccer match-up?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

I haven't bothered to work it out but I reckon that there is a very high probability that after 13 games you could do this with any league

It's not possible right now in Italy, Germany or France due to unbeaten or winless teams. I think you could do it in Spain but I shan't be bothered.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Here's the net spent on transfers of the last 5 years:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

How on earth have Juve bought 374 players in five years, are they just rolling around academies scooping them up by the busful?

It counts every player that has joined the team. Most of that 374 seem to be youth players returning from loans.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

apparently arsenal are flying to norwich lol

Why not? 2 hours on a bus or a train or 15 minutes on a plane.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

And here are the big profit boys of world football in the past 5 years:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Shoren posted:

Also, those teams aren't pushed as hard and as often as PL teams. When you're up 3-0 at halftime you know you can just kick it about a bit in the second half and the other team isn't likely to make a comeback.

As a free market capitalist, I believe that quality comes from high level competition. In the long run EPL teams will be better off thanks to playing in a stronger league.

• Locked thread