Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The god bird empyrea pushed my poo poo in and made me its bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The god bird empyrea pushed my poo poo in
with... gauze??

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

maybe op got a cloaca formed from the fleshy graveyard that was once their GoonHole

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i've been playing Dragon Quest 6 for what feels to be an eternity and i've yet to unlock the job system

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It takes about 20 ish hours to unlock the job system

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

that was the plan but when Jessica died in the first turn I spent the rest of the fight basically one turn behind since I was playing healing catch up more often to doing damage. But yah lots of oomph, kabuff, insulatle etc. but only Yangus was really attacking most of the time

u need to cast accelerate with jessica 1st turn every drat time

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

update: i did it guys, i've unlocked the classes

heres a sneak peek at what i'm goin w/ :

Spooky: Merchantt
Carver: Theif
Nevan: Gadabout
Milly: Mage
Ashlynn: Dancer

Thanks,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gadabout ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

does the ds remake still advance classes per battle u win? in the sfc version itwas like you could advace a class after 250 battles or something insane, which is way slower than exp would be...fuuuu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

does the ds remake still advance classes per battle u win? in the sfc version itwas like you could advace a class after 250 battles or something insane, which is way slower than exp would be...fuuuu

Yes. And your level restricts which area you earn the job progression, but there's a bug (maybe?) where the ocean floor's level cap is 999 so you can grind job progression against level 5 squids for hours like me, while watching attitude era Raws and mashing the A button so I could completely change my job makeup for the final boss battle

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Yes. And your level restricts which area you earn the job progression, but there's a bug (maybe?) where the ocean floor's level cap is 999 so you can grind job progression against level 5 squids for hours like me, while watching attitude era Raws and mashing the A button so I could completely change my job makeup for the final boss battle

Jesus.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

welp i'm at a Gamer's Impasse right now...

pretty tough ti]me for me here...

i told amos the truth about his monstrous ways because my literal ACTUAL IRL moral compass would lead me to give that information to someone, and NO instead i've learnt here that I permanently missed out on a recruitable character.

ANd i saved after it... GOSH

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

do i even want to keep going...?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i hope more jrpgs include the options that bravely default did, where you can adjust encounter rate, xp and gp gain on the fly from a menu once you got certain items.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

do i even want to keep going...?

stay true to yourself

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

welp i'm at a Gamer's Impasse right now...

pretty tough ti]me for me here...

i told amos the truth about his monstrous ways because my literal ACTUAL IRL moral compass would lead me to give that information to someone, and NO instead i've learnt here that I permanently missed out on a recruitable character.

ANd i saved after it... GOSH

Keep going, I did. He'll be a monster in the wilderness forever and you can't do anything about it.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i've shelved DQ6 for a bit, its too much for my child's heart to bear right now, missing out on a recruitable char like this...

the good news is i've never played DQ8 and I started it as a result of this tragedy and I've just defeated the geyzer guy, game seems very charming thusfar.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

boomerangs are such good weaps and also cool ones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

grats, OP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:yeah:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

nice

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Nice, Empyrea is straight up one of the hardest non-optional bosses in the game (straight up THE hardest for me). The next guy doesn't reset buffs, debuffs or tension so feel free to plant your foot in his rear end :getin:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Also may you conquer your gaping rear end wound as you conquered the majestic god-bird: with only three dead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ManlyGrunting posted:

Nice, Empyrea is straight up one of the hardest non-optional bosses in the game (straight up THE hardest for me). The next guy doesn't reset buffs, debuffs or tension so feel free to plant your foot in his rear end :getin:

The first time I fought him I lost because I had burned through all my MP on the way there exploring the dungeon, since it's often been the case in this game that they top you off before boss fights, but I quickly got wrecked once I ran out of MP on Angelo. Second attempt I got there fully loaded and smoked his rear end with fully charged zaps and criticals. Now I have a airship basically and I am overwhelmed by options to explore on the overworld which is always a good feeling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found the monster arena 50 hours into the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I just found the monster arena 50 hours into the game.

lmao

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is the 3DS port of this gonna be good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is the 3DS port of this gonna be good

The graphics aren't as good but there's more party members and monsters on the overworld instead of random encounters, so it should be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh it also shows you what you get for putting skill points into things instead of simply not doing that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The graphics aren't as good but there's more party members and monsters on the overworld instead of random encounters, so it should be
Are they doing to do a special 3DS bundle for it like the metal slime PS4?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

No, it's supposed to be bad. What kind of Games question is that?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh boy I hope so.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh boy I hope so.
If they do this I'll buy a 3DS way earlier than I'd planned.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i just got to Pickham and I like this game, thanks

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

yangus owns a lot

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

idk but if they do i'll buy it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

is dq83d new 3ds only or does it run on old 3ds ?????????

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Old 3ds I think. A bundle would most likely be the new 3ds though? I'd get it. Also the new SMT 4 or whatever. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FactsAreUseless posted:

If they do this I'll buy a 3DS way earlier than I'd planned.

i've been using my friend's old 3ds, since he gave me it after the left arrow on the dpad stopped working. it turns out you can play through a surprising amount of games without a working left button.

can't choose the persona 4 protagonist in persona q, tho, which was a bit of a bummer.

• Locked thread