Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

It's happened... a live action Metroid movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3kfyZJhC3U

This is a fan-made live action short film featuring Samus Aran from the Metroid series. Enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i want nintendo to make this but then i think of other m and cry myself to sleep

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

who should play samus? brienne of tarth? scarlett johansson?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Hey remember when they announced some new metroid game news at e3 and it was like an arena shooter

please trigger warning this filth thank you

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

that announcement put me on suicide watch for a month

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

metroid fans are back in the dark ages, like the Time Before Prime. it will be tough waiting this one out

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i want a new Metroid that is to Super Metroid what A Link Between Worlds is to A Link to the Past

it will never happen

frank.club posted:

I dunno. A lot of them probably had their first exposure with Prime or Fusion. Super is as old as I am and probably is that way with a lot of fans. I bet prime is to a lot of us what super is to older people.

what I mean is that we are in a similar era as before Metroid Prime was announced. metroid fans were desperate for a new game for years, the entire history of the N64. it's like Nintendo has forgotten about Metroid/doesn't give a poo poo, again. having Samus in Smash was like a terrible tease, same as having Lucas in Smash and never localising Mother 3.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

probably not because the N64 controller was too weird and Super Metroid was Too drat Good:

quote:

This apprehension over 3D gaming, is that the reason there was never a Metroid 64?

I was actually thinking about the possibility of making a Metroid game for N64 but I felt that I shouldn’t be the one making the game. When I held the N64 controller in my hands I just couldn’t imagine how it could be used to move Samus around. So for me it was just too early to personally make a 3D Metroid at that time. Also, I know this is isn’t a direct answer to your question but Nintendo at that time approached another company and asked them if they would make an N64 version of Metroid and their response was that no, they could not. They turned it down, saying that unfortunately they didn’t have the confidence to create an N64 Metroid game that could compare favourably with Super Metroid. That’s something I take as a complement to what we achieved with Super Metroid.

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/features/yoshio-sakamoto-discusses-metroid-64-metroid-dread-and-the-unwritten-future-of-the-warioware-series/

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I recall seeing an interview with Miyamoto (I think?) which was pretty heavily implying that they are gonna significantly change up the next Mario game and take it in a whole new direction. I think this was an interview because of Mario Maker. can't wait for open world mushroom kingdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is now my phone's lock screen

• Locked thread