Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Whirlpool makes a French door with a water dispenser on the wall of the fridge on the inside instead of on the door. There’s also an ice maker in the freezer that dumps into a bin. Both work great, I love mine and it was much cheaper than models with external dispensers (just more poo poo to break imo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That's what my GE does. Much simpler than through the door water/ice.

They’re probably the same fridge with different badging, maybe slightly different interior organization. I love mine, not only is it simpler, it looks way nicer.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I found a 10 cup neurofuzzy refurb for $190 on Amazon a couple of years ago. Probably won’t do that well again, but you can find them.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Anne Whateley posted:

Can anyone recommend an oil for maintaining wooden spoons and handles, ideally with an amazon link? I know it’s one of those debate topics, but I just want the two-sentence version, please (please)

I use this on my wood handled knives, rolling pins, etc. it’s good, odorless, does what it says on the tin: Thirteen Chefs Mineral Oil https://a.co/d/dTbxfiV

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Why is she cutting the onion like that

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
It’s extremely stupid to have an electric gas shutoff when any old bimetallic valve that only remains open under heat from an ignited burner, closing if the flame goes out, does the job 100% of the time with or without input power.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
In the oven on the self-clean cycle should bake off any manufacturer coatings.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Costco sells a Kirkland branded copper core five ply set. I got it for my mom for Christmas a few years ago. I think it was about $220 at the time? If I was going to start fresh and wanted a set, that’s the one I’d get for sure.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

I broke my ice cream scoop. Are the Zeroll scoops worth it?

Honestly, yeah. I hate handwashing, but it’s never going to break like any of the mechanical ones I’ve ever had. Tried two different OXO models before I broke down and got a zeroll, and I’ll probably never go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

Brown size seems big, I usually make quite small batches of ice cream. Might go mid size maybe

I have the green one, I think it makes Platonic Ideal size scoops.