Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I have the horsepower KA and have been grinding meat and making dough, almost exclusively, with it. I don't think I've ever used the whisk or paddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I need to get a propane burner that can be used for a wok and a massive pan. Preferably with removable legs. I'm not sure if the popular burners for fried turkeys or beer brewing would have enough heat area.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

they're p. much the same except for copper, a few less pieces.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The cuisinart he bought is solid, it's easy to use all pieces. I agree with most sets

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

if you eat a lot of rice the zojirushi.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

fart simpson posted:

What's so good about an instant pot instead of a normal pressure cooker?
it's not and cannot get to a full 1 bar. Just easy.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VEKX35Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2VQPZHAEQ4BSD&coliid=I2GYNKJGRAPQ9J&psc=1

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Bakers percentages, flat and removable top for washing, higher limit.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

it's a more even toast in my experience. Perhaps not if you're only dropping 15.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It's pretty dumb. Maybe you could find a cheap single broiler used or refurbished, but you'll want to spend at least that much on a grinder.

Submarine Sandpaper fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 10, 2017

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Get a food processor and stick blender.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

toss some nitrates in your rub and get 2x the red.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

the key to enjoying a glass top is to not give a gently caress. If you're switching on a property you own quickly change your mind and don't make such a terrible decision.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I need to get some various seives. Are there any cheaper removable screens like http://korin.com/TK-610-02-20 I may be blind, but on amazon the screen and frame almost always seem to be combined and I don't want four large seives if I can get away with the volume of one.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

http://www.instructables.com/id/Re-charge-your-Flat-2-Liter-Sodas/?ALLSTEPS

There are other methods I'm sure. You could probably just charge a keg of water, but be sure it's sterile!

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

portable inductions are fine and are essential for good coffee. Asking for hot water doesn't give you a hot enough tap, even if they grab it from the kitchen. You won't trip a breaker and if you're worried just unplug the fridge.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Lol like two pages ago it's a scam

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

there are low capacity .1g or high capacty 1g, which?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ulmont posted:

I bought the American Weigh Scales SC-2KG, which is the one that the sweet home recommended as very small and with 0.1g increment (ranges up to 4.4 pounds total). $17.64 on Amazon and like the Sweet Home says it will fit in a drawer.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-kitchen-scale/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RF3XJ2/?tag=thesweethome-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=AgEAAAAAAAAAAH6N

I've had this guy since Oct 2015 used daily and it's been AOK with water/flour/etc all over it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

baquerd posted:

Dumb question, but can it also not produce heat for things like frozen smoothies and such?

that is a dumb question.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Feenix posted:

Yeah I'm probably just citing experiences from before I was any good at cooking but everytging I ever cooked in stainless burned to the bottom, stuck, or required a loving massive undertaking to clean the pan.

I'd love to own some but I feel like I (or my wife or any other less anal family member) would just gently caress them up.

deglaze or if you wanna be super lazy soak - cleaning done

gently caress you can dishwash stainless

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Marketing.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm of the opinion that for carbon or cast if you worry about it then it'll fail.

one of the few observable quantum constants in our world.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

tonedef131 posted:

I was gifted a brand new carbon steel pan a while back and just couldn't get an even seasoning that stick like all my cast iron has. I called my buddy who has pretty much always used them and he was like dude who cares just keep using it and it'll be fine. I stopped putting it away and it's just lived on my range ever since and I use it for everything. I'll wipe it down with oil if it needs it or wash it with a wet rag if it needs that. The appearance changes from time to time but it's always nonstick and always ready to party. They are like a codependent girlfriend, the less you act like you care the harder it works to gain your affection.
:hellyeah:

Reminds me that I need to get a round bottom carbon wok

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Without horizontal movement or a concave blade I'd just use a knife.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Is there a particular cutting board that's good with 600f temps? If not I'll just sand down my maple when needed.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Stuparoni posted:

1. Is it worth buying a non-stick wok?
2. Is it worth buying a sticky wok with an electric glass-top stove?

I live in an apartment with a wooden floor and my kitchen vent is kinda gaijin, so my options for BTUs are limited.

Imo no on both. You will warp a proper carbon steel a bit with the heat needed and it becomes worthless. Check my post history itt for a good wok burner if you want to use propane.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I have a now decade old electric that I absolutely despise compared to my KR 8qt. I'm assuming the IP gets to temp faster and is less finicky with safety shut offs.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

iirc the major differences between the carbons is final touches on machining around where the handle meets.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Some silicone pos fish turner. A nonstick should not be hot enough to melt one.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Is the meat grinder for the KitchenAid Pro 600 any good? Looking at it on Amazon, it says it's made of plastic, which makes me weary.

theres's a better stainless steel one if you'll be using it a lot more for an extra 40 or so iirc.

smokehouse chef?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Lawnie posted:

Since apparently 18 months is longer than I should expect the heating element in an electric kettle to last, anybody got any recommendations? Must hold water at temp for at least an hour, have customizable temperature settings, over 1.5 L. Must not be Bona Vita brand, who hosed me and I can't recommend.

Did you email their support? They've sent me two replacements.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

A wok and using a funnel and coffee filters to strain is a good home deep fry setup

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Panasonic may still be the only company that has their "inverter" tech or w/e. Makes lower power levels actually lower rather than cycling high on and off.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

My small one does not spin like a top, very large one does (won't even go in the oven with handle)

This was pre season, the cooking top is flat though. I don't think it's a defect.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Carbon steel != Cast iron. Oven methods will always result in stickiness in my experience.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It depends on what. Somethings only need 12psi, not 15 or more. Check the USDA (or FDA, whichever) for reference on what you're canning.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

is the bottom larger than the burner? If so, physics.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Could be. It may also even out over use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

no, the warping. Seasoning will fix itself over time.