Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Anne Whateley posted:

What are you guys doing to your nonstick, that you just assume it'll be ruined after a few years? I have a cheap Farberware and it's lasted 10+ years. I hardly babysit it, either -- I just don't use metal tools or the green scrubby side of the sponge.

Just through using it you'll end up with tiny scratches and stuff in the surface at least, which will make things stick more and more as time goes on. Unless somehow you never stir or mess with things once they land in your pan.

Also I learned this late, but if you try cleaning it with water while it's still too hot you'll eventually get some warping too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Might be a strange question, but what's a good salt shaker?

Bought some MSG and realized having it in a bag isn't that handy. I was gonna just grab the cheapest on amazon but reviews there say it rusts easily and quickly. I could store it in a tub but I might as well get a shaker for it if I'm gonna leave it on my counter instead of in the spice cabinet.