Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Thing is with most rice cookers is that the pots have nonstick coating, including all the zojirushis. It will definitely wear off and get into the food in a few years. I had to retire a couple before.

I eventually bought a Buffalo rice cooker, which has a stainless steel pot. A bit more expensive but I have no doubt it would last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
I bought a bunch of spices in bags, what can I get for cheap to store them?

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Mk4 being waterproof was the reason I went for it.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
I'm partial to Zassenhaus for pepper grinders. I like how it works to adjust grind from the bottom.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Is there a cheap easy knife sharpening product i can buy? I'm just dipping my toes into home cooking and don't need to go all out with stones.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
I need a small set of pans and pot for a tiny apartment.

Are these any good? https://materialkitchen.com/products/29-your-way

If not, please recommend.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
I’ve used a zassenhaus grinder for like a decade and it’s perfectly fine. Uses a ceramic mechanism.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
With the thermapen redesign opportunity they STILL dont have magnets in the back?

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
This timestick trio thing is garbage! Buttons are way too hard to press, needs an obscure coin battery, cant turn it off to save power.. how did websites recommend this?

At least the magnet is strong. But yeah I cannot find a perfect quality timer anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
When I was in college I bought cheap plastic wrap and that poo poo never stuck to anything it was unreal.